Chapter 115
78 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 115: Talks with Envoys

-Leon’s POV-

“So your the loggers and forest rangers.? While you two reside in hunter and gatherer villages and positions within the society.?”

I sat down with the group and we spoke of each other’s cultures.

It was interesting how social dynamics worked in other lands.

“The isles where the bear tribe mainly preside are in tempered mountainous forests. They are closer to the human continent so the landscape changes as you start moving away from the Elven continent. Since we live in such forests and our bodily aptitude is much greater than some other tribes, we take care of it.”

“The rabbit tribe helps the bear tribe by preparing food and supplies for them. Our bodily aptitudes are on the lower end so doing such tasks is a way we contribute. We are of one of the larger tribes as well so we help most of the other tribes in the same way.”

“We canines have great tracking skills, our noses also are the best for picking up scent trails. We are mostly on the larger island, there’s more game there, though we are also spread throughout most of the inhabited islands to help with bringing in food.”

The little rabbit granny spoke again.

“We all have roles, or at least try to, it’s the only way all our differences can so peacefully intermingle.”

“Ha, I’m trying to integrate my people into having the same ideals as that. Though demon folk are a spiteful, stubborn people. Honestly speaking I’ve even thought about giving up on them, though over time my race has seemed to make changes. Slavery is still evident in the continent, I’ve been able to slow the spread, though it’s difficult. Though luckily in this territory slavery was just recently banned so hopefully, such example will stop anything further.”

I turned to the Elven prince who sat quietly with a straight face.

“What about the Elven Kingdom, I heard from one of my advisors that your kingdom hasn't had any major conflicts for quite sometime..?”

“Our Kingdom by itself hasn’t had anything such as that, our people don’t have many differences between one another so we have no reason to quarrel. Though once more outsiders start coming into the picture, only then does our kingdom starts having problems. The human population seems to cause the most problems, demons were but ever since you’ve come into power the demon race hasn’t been as active. Slavers and potchers come in all the time. We don’t have our population spread out evenly across the continent, most of our population centers around the world tree. Though there are some people, farmers mostly living far off from the center of the continent. We can defend most of the continent but we can’t reach every location. Those locations the humans come in and pick clean.“

“Yes, such has also occurred on some of our islands, rabbits and other weaker tribespeople have also been taken. I know a few rare feline Beastman were just taken a little while ago.”

“Yes, humans have been getting and have been out of control for quite some time. Though of course, we shouldn’t declare war or anything. I think if we band together we might be able to rid such threats from your lands. My people are just dealing with winter so sending reliable Demon Folk down south as guards wouldn’t be a problem.”

“Didn’t you say the demon race up on the continent is still wanting to continue slavery? I’m not trying to imply anything bad but can we be sure such guards would be reliable.”

“You don’t have to worry about offending me, my people are as I said quite stubborn and have been quite terrible for years. Though demon folk aren’t the only ones we can send, I have well-trained humans at my disposal, though I would personally take the demon folk.”

“Do you already have a select group that would be trained enough to guard and not cause any problems?”

“Well, not at the moment. But a group can be easily arranged. I’m pretty sure my men up there are probably itching to do something, even if it’s just guarding a border or just watch over a few people. They would probably enjoy dealing with any unwanted visitors for you. Though of course, you would have to feed and shelter them.”

“What if some of the men you send turn out to be crooked in some way.?”

“If such a thing comes up, I’ll let you deal with them however you choose. Though such people will be rooted out once I’ve rallied some men. I’ll have my manager up in the capital to take care of it. And if you would rather human guards, you can speak with my commander.”

———-

“Our landscape on the demon continent is barren in some places. Though it does have a feasible pasture and forest. Though most of the income we get is from the mining industries. Slavery was big but has dwindled in the past few months. I know you’re kingdoms are vastly rich in agricultural products, it would be great to trade such resources.”

The Elven prince spoke.

“We do have a surplus at the moment, so trade is always negotiable.”

“Yes...”

I stood up and spoke.

“Well, I’m not sure if I’m the only one but I’m famished. How about we all head to the dining room and have dinner.”

The wolf Beastman spoke.

“That sounds amazing.”

————

Luna and I met at the door, she was about to call us for supper, it seems I came out right in the nick of time.

She walked over to the Elven prince and spoke.

“I’ve already told the Princess, she’ll be joining us shortly.”

“Thank you.”

——

I took Luna by the hand and we walked together to the dining room, the group were following us at a bit of distance.

She spoke now that we were somewhat alone.

“How might the discussions be going.? You were in there for quite some time..”

“It seemed to be running smoothly, though even if we don’t meet eye to eye, I’m pretty confident that we are going to form some sort of peace or alliance.”

She put her hand to her stomach.

“Oh, I think the babies kicking..”

She took my hand and put it on it.

“Here feel, Ha.”

“They're pretty active in there, maybe it knows it’s dinner time.”

———

To be continued

2