Chapter 116
83 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 116: It’s Time

The envoys didn’t stay for long, I had recommended they stay for longer, extend the trip for a few days.

Though once we discussed everything we needed to that first night they had no other reason to stay.

They rested for a day and we continued speaking, going further with our plans the second day.

Once we finalized a somewhat solid footing of our corporation they said they’d bring such plans to their rulers or tribes and discuss whether to go forward.

Though that second day they were here they did agree to a peace treaty.

That was the main reason both sides came in the first place.

They left two months ago to this day, the days go by quite quickly.

Spring seems to be coming soon, the snow stopped its relentless falling, though a chill still resonates through the earth.

The sun has started showing up more and more, though so have signs of Luna coming close to the day of our child’s birth.

————-

It was a normal day, I woke up and greeted the still asleep wife of mine.

I had to get up since I have royal work to do.

My wife on the other hand was pregnant, she needed to sleep in.

The doctor that comes every once in a while to check up on how things are progressing constantly says to get as much rest as possible.

I always kiss her and look at her for a little bit before leaving for my office down the hall.

It was only a few doors down but trust me, to me it’s miles away.

Not in reality but that’s how it feels.

Luna by now knows I leave her in the morning, usually, she would come to greet me once she gets up, and then we would go eat breakfast.

I walked out of the room and went to my office.

I sat down a started my day, such work was quite a bore, but you get used to it.

An hour or two later I heard some moans, then my name.

“Leon, ahh. Huu huu.”

I walked with haste to my door and opened it.

There I say Luna, sweat fell from her forehead, she held her stomach, her hand grasped the door frame, she was in pain I could tell.

“Baby, what’s the..?”

“I, I think the baby’s. coming. Hoo hoo, my water just broke.”

Her legs were looking shaky, I put my arms on her to help her stand.

“O, okay baby, just breath, just breath. We’ll get you some help.”

I grasped her small frame in a wedding type hold and carried her to our bedroom.

I laid her down on the bed, a rushed out the door to call for help.

“Thomas, Thomas..! Someone.!”

“My Lord what’s the matter..?”

“Call the doctor, Luna’s gone into labor, bring some people to help!”

I rushed back inside to her side and held her hand.

“Hey baby, it’s alright we’ll have someone here quickly to help.”

I was trying to calm her breaths and help her, she squeezed my hand tight.

———-

To be continued

2