Chapter 117
79 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 117: Old Customs

-Luna’s POV-

Her breath was irregular and her pulse beat as if she ran a marathon.

Out of nowhere cramps and pains flew onto her in such a way that it looked as though it rushed throughout her entire being

I held her hand, every time such pains came, she squeezed it.

Though it didn’t hurt, for me anyway, maybe just a little, but nothing compared to what she was going through.

Such pains in my hands were nothing to focus on, I continued to focus on her.

Before long a few maids came and then a woman carrying a bag came rushing through the door.

She was probably the doctor, I knew women were the ones who usually delivered the babies.

Honestly, after today I’m going to have a full-time medical person stay within the promises and attended to everyone.

It would be much easier than having someone come here.

And since we are royalty such should be mandatory.

She directed the maids to do things like bring in some water and rags.

She greeted us and told Luna to position herself in such a way so that the birth would be straight forward.

I helped her move a little and cushioned her pillows so she could be as comfortable as possible.

Butler Thomas came in with the maids carrying things needed for the birth.

Though I was pushed aside, as they attended to Luna. Whipping some sweat off and such.

Though suddenly Thomas, as well as the remaining maids,  started trying to get me out of the room.

I had no idea why, I wanted to be by my wife’s side, through the whole thing.

“Hey, let me through, did you not hear me.”

I could get through with force if I wanted but such a thing wouldn’t be good to do in front of an already stressed Luna, and it would hurt the people who were trying to help her.

I still didn’t understand why I couldn’t see her.

Thomas blocked the door

“Thomas get the hell out of my way. “

“My lord it's not proper for a man to be in such a space during such a time.”

I heard Luna speak my name and ask for me.

“Can you not hear her calling for me, she needs me right now.!”

“I’m sorry my lord but this is just how it’s always been done, you can ask the doctor, it’s customary, especially for royalty..”

My fist clenched.

“Do you think I give a f*** about what is customary, get out my way or I’ll seriously consider...!”

I heard her scream in such a way that made me ache not being there to help ease her burden.

I gerred with my voice in rage.

Tears we building up, and once I heard her call for me as if she was about to speak her last words, I lost it.

I rushed through him, pushing him out the way.

A maid tried stoping me but nothing was going to and finally got to her hand.

————-

-Luna’s POV-

My eyesight became somewhat fuzzy, though I could still comprehend everything.

The hand that had been fully attached to mine has left.

All I could see was the light shining through the two horns of my husband.

A man I couldn’t distinguish who seemed to be pushing him out, his horns reached the door frame.

My body hurt as if I was about to die, I wanted to keep hearing him, I wanted to have him by my side.

‘Why why can’t he be here.?..”

“Leon, ahh please I, I need him..”

I heard a woman's voice, her hand was on my leg and spoke softly looking at me.

My eyes didn’t focus on her they more watched my husband.

Though she was slightly away, still in my peripheral vision.

“My lady, I’m sorry but men aren’t allowed in the room during such a time.”

Tears fell from my face, they’ve been doing so since the contractions started.

Though this was more tears of sadness.

My hands went to wipe them away, as my eyes become slightly more clear I could see my husband a little more.

He was trying to push his way through to me, I could barely hear him, though his mouth seemed to be spewing out words.

“I don’t care, please let him in, I need him.”

My voice spoke in such a heartbreaking tone.

A contraction started to fall on me once more, they became more synchronized.

I screamed in pain, my mind blanked out for a moment.

My hand before even falling to the bed was finally grasped by a warm hand.

My eyes opened, such fuzzy eyes viewed him, then a voice broke the utter silence, such a tinder loving voice I could hear.

“Baby, it’s alright, I’m here.”

———

-Leon’s POV-

They tried pulling me off again, such bull wasn’t going to happen again.

Did they not listen to the woman giving birth or me.

I turned to the people, Thomas included, and spoke in a rough bloodthirsty tone, I did it as if disciplining a dog.

The tone was similar to the one I used when warding off those men who were harming Luna back in the coliseum.

My eyes burst with flames.

“Don’t dare try pulling me from here again, I’m the demon king, or did you not forget. This is an order, so you better back the hell off..”

“Thomas either you help or you get out and  find another who will.”

———

They listened, I guess they finally realized who they were dealing with.

Though as they listened the contractions seemed to become longer and closer together.

The doctor and Luna were doing breathing techniques together.

———

To be continued

2