Chapter 118
80 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 118: Birth

-Leon’s POV-

Luna’s contractions started showing signs that it was close.

The doctor as well as the others finally stopped ushering me out and tended to my wife like they were supposed.

“My lady I’ll need you to push for me, alright?.. Breath and on my count.”

As the numbers went from three to one, Luna’s body curved forward and she scrunched up her face.

Moans came from her and my hand was being broken.

Once the doctor said to stop she fell back and breathed deeply.

I supported her the best I could, kissing her and trying to soothe the immense pains she was bearing.

If I could I would take every bit of such pain away, I’d live the pain if it meant she didn’t have to, but as I watched I doubt I could handle it as well as she could.

I felt lucky to have a wife who would risk and endure such a feat as childbirth.

The doctor spoke once more of pushing.

Luna complied the best she could but the stress didn’t cease, I could tell that it had a strain on her.

After a few moments of rest, the doctor spoke once more.

“One more my lady, the baby is almost with us.”

Though Luna seemed hesitant, I would be too if such a thing were happening to me.

I spoke words of encouragement and urged her forward.

“Come on baby, you can do this, we’re almost there.!”

I stared into Luna’s eyes kissing her hand, tears flew from her eyes, her face moist from the sweat of labor.

She seems to gather the courage from my look and continued.

She breathed in and we both smiled at one another, I helped her and she pushed the best she could.

———

It was silent for the moments after the child was announced to have been born.

I was scared to look beyond the cloth covering where my child came from.

Though a smile came upon me once a sweet cry come out in the air.

I laughed with cheer just hearing it.

“Congratulations, your highness, you’ve been blessed with a beautiful baby girl.”

I went close to Luna and kissed her on the forehead.

“You did so well baby, I love you.. soo much.”

——

After the baby was taken and wrapped up, she was given to me.

I turned over my shoulder and looked at Luna showing her the little one.

Tears came from both of us as we laughed with cheer.

I moved over to Luna with the little one in my grasp having her between us.

She was so cute resting all scrunched up, her face red and chubby.

My finger reached out to her tiny hand and she took it, with a little bit of force.

Her eyes opened slightly they were crystal clear, they matched mine, though mine a more brutish dark red, hers match more towards a dainty flush of scarlet.

As her eyes focused on the two of us, her mouth opened into a little smile, though with no teeth it was still utterly adorable.

“What are you going to name her your highness..?”

“Hoo, what do you think baby.?”

She looked down at the baby and she stared back at her.

“How about Rose, like her eyes, like her cheeks, haha.”

Luna went down a kissed her forehead.

I spoke afterward.

“Hey there Rose, it’s nice to finally meet you... Haha, I’m your daddy, and this, this is your mommy. We’re so glad you’re here.”

———

To be continued

2