Chapter 121
70 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 121: Human Princess

-Princess of Latis POV-

The Demon King and his wife have treated us well.

The room I was given was clean and comfortable, the dinner we shared last night was quite scrumptious.

I would expect nothing less, coming from royalty and having every day as such, if I went without such pleasant comforts I doubt I could handle reality.

My sister was shipped off to another country just a few weeks ago.

She didn’t even get to meet the man she was fixed to marry and see if he was good, handsome, or worth marrying.

Though our say doesn’t matter it seems, I’ll be next I’m sure, my sister was only a year older and they sent her away so early.

Now thinking about it the demon King’s wife, Luna is also quite young, I think she’s around my sister's age, maybe a little bit older.

I guess noble men care to have their wives young, though lucky enough for Luna her husband isn’t much older than her.

I wouldn’t want to be forced into a marriage, but if it was going to happen without my say, I would hope my father picks out a man as well kept, physically, as he and his age well I wouldn’t want to get married to an old man.

——

My life has been nothing but castle attire my entire life, I’ve been primped and made ready for royal living.

The only free time I have I spend reading or dreaming of the world outside of my reality.

I quite like trips with my parents since it means lessons and other duties are put on hold and I get a chance to be free.

Father and mother have been preoccupied thanks to the demon king and his wife.

So with no one watching my every move, I wander about the manor and find something interesting to occupy my time.

I walked down the long halls, looking through large windows, seeing the ocean, and maybe a few men training.

All things I don’t see often.

I then stumbled upon a library.

I smiled in anticipation, I read many of the books within my father's castle, so a new selection is always a score.

Though when peaking my head in I noticed someone, a boy.

I focused my eyes on him, he was kinda cute, he looked familiar, but I don’t remember seeing anyone quite like him before.

He was tall, with light brown hair, he seemed around my age.

He was looking for a book, moving his fingers down a book and across the shelves finding whichever he might think was worth reading.

His finger reached the top of one and he tilted it as if he were about to take it out.

Though he let it slide back in place and spoke out loud.

“Hello.. can I help you.?.”

I swung myself back against the wall, he must have noticed me.

I was breathing in shock, I didn’t expect him to notice me.

It went quiet for a moment.

I though of maybe leaving quite but I stood there for a few moments then a voice suddenly broke the silence.

“Excuse me..”

He popped from inside the library he stood there in clear view next to me.

“Ohh..”

He scared me for a second.

My heart was already beating but he almost gave me a heart attack.

In such a surprise I fell on my butt and looked as he stood towering over me.

————

To be continued

2