Chapter 122
67 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 122: Meeting

-Princess of Latis POV-

“Haha, I’m sorry, I must have scared you.?”

He reached his hand to me, laughing to himself at the incident that just occurred.

I composed myself and spoke trying to regain some dignity.

“More like startled, don’t you know not to pop up out of nowhere on people..?”

He was still somewhat laughing, he used a finger to wipe a tear from his eye. He came closer, I stared up at him as he brought his face closer to mine.

“Hoo, I didn’t know I’d get lectured on how to act by the girl who was just stalking me a moment ago.”

I turned my head, not looking at him.

“I wasn’t stalking you, I was coming to the library and you..”

I was getting kinda frustrated and my mouth was clamming up.

“I what? The library is open to everyone so you didn’t have to stay beyond the door.”

“You.. you.”

I sort of blushed, my mind went blank.

I took a breath and looked at him, my hands were together, from his perspective I probably looked like a begging chipmunk.

“Huh(breathing out), I noticed you looking for a book and wonder who you were.”

I turned my face downward slightly.

“I wasn’t doing anything bad.”

“You could have just walked in and asked my name or you could have just walked in and gotten what you came for.”

I felt like was getting lectured now, though his tone made me angry and my voice kinda got heated.

“Well it’s not like I can trust all the people here, this is a new place, and like royalty, I have to be cautious of new people. That means you.!”

He spoke in a sarcastic tones

“Ha, For royalty you aren’t as refined as I would expect one from your class to be.”

I looked down in disappointment.

“Sigh my parents tell me the same thing, if you're just going to rip and talk down to me then I’ll just leave.”

I turned and started walking.

“Wa....”

I heard his voice break slightly like he was going to speak but stopped himself.

“I...  I’m sorry okay!..”

His hand was almost reaching out to me as I turned back.

“I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. I just have an offensive and kinda uptight ego. I was always having to have such an attitude for the past couple of years, so now being able to relax and not have to be on the offensive  I kinda forget to restrain myself.”

I stood there with my arms crossed and listened.

“I’d like to at least know your name before you go. I’m Noah, you said your royalty so you might know my sister, Luna, she’s married to the demon King.”

I turned and walked back to him staring up at him.

I reached out my hand and he took it.

“My name’s Eli, well Elizabeth Latis, but you can call me Eli.”

He smiled and spoke.

“It’s nice to meet you, Eli, I said before but I’m Noah.“

——-

To be continued

2