Chapter 124
73 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 124: Dinner Part 1

-Leon’s POV-

The doors to the dining room were opened and the two of us walked in.

Luna who was already seated noticed us and an expression of joy and surprise came quickly upon her face.

She hurried up and got up from her seat walking over to her brother.

She hugged him and then grasped his hands and spoke.

“Noah I’m so happy you’re here, I miss not seeing you so often.”

“We can do so any time of day you know, if you asked for us to share a dinner together or for me to come by, I wouldn’t refuse..”

“Huh, don’t be so stubborn, you know you're always welcome without any invitation. You never come to visit anymore, even though we live in the same house.”

“Yea, I’ll try.”

“Oh, who might this be..?”

The king stood up and walked over.

“I’m Noah, your highness, I’m Luna’s brother.”

“Oh, so this was the man you were looking for demon lord..? Well, it’s very nice to meet you.”

His wife came up as well.

“How to do you do?”

“I’m doing just fine..”

“Have you met my daughter yet?”

He turned to her, she was sitting down.

“Elizabeth come here.”

“Oh no it’s alright, we’ve already been acquainted with each other. I have to say she’s quite amazing, you’ve done a great job raising her.”

He looked at her as he spoke.

She looked at him back.

The queen spoke to her.

“You see Elizabeth he agrees with us, why can’t you.?”

———-

We all sat down at the table, Luna and I sat next to one another.

The king and queen did the same and the two teenagers sat across from one another.

We all started eating, it was quiet, somewhat awkward at first, though the silence was broken and conversations started.

Some words were spoken and the king then spoke directly to Noah.

It seemed Noah mentioned Elizabeth in such a way that it made the king wonder something.

“Eli? Huh, you said that you’ve met my daughter already, but I’m wondering how well acquainted the two of you are.”

Though Elizabeth spoke before Noah.

“We met at the library, and he showed me around the Demon King’s manor.”

The king and queen both spoke some words after she spoke.

“Well as long as your not brooding in your room anymore.”

“Yes, I’m glad to see you got out and about, at least a little.”

Spoke without any delay.

“Says the two people who know full well of why I’ve been acting that way.”

“Oh sweetie, it’s not something to worry so much about, your sister is doing just fine. Don’t cause so much drama.”

Noah spoke quite impulsively, he seemed to spoke right when Elizabeth was going to speak.

She seemed mad and about to blow.

“Eli..”

The king looked at him.

“Elizabeth told me that you married her sister off to an unknown man. I understand I have no part in your family matter but shouldn’t you have at least mentioned or consulted such a thing with your daughter. If I were a father who loved his child I would have at least had her and her prospective husband meet at least once, and I would take her thoughts into account as well. Shouldn’t you have your child’s best interests in mind?”

The table went quiet, every one looked at him. Elizabeth looked quite surprised.

She covered her mouth with her hands, her father was close by started showing a displeased look.

It seemed Noah spoke upfront to the king, I don’t think he intended it to be so frank.

Once the words started he couldn’t stop and he poured out his heart it seems.

——

To be continued

2