Chapter 125
78 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 125: Dinner Part 2

The king spoke sternly afterward.

“Listen here you little..”

He restrained himself.

“I do my best to father my children, even if I don’t take their choices fully into account doesn’t mean I don’t care for them. Elizabeth’s sister I married off to another king, she’s a queen now her lifestyle is probably even more glamorous than the one she had before. She can always visit and say if she isn’t comfortable in her situation.”

“I’m not saying you aren't doing your best, all I’m saying is that you should at least take your children’s thoughts into account.”

Elizabeth spoke afterward.

“Father, mother can I please speak to both of you for a moment.”

“Of course, sweetie.”

The two walked up and exited the room.

I took a bite of the remaining food and spoke.

“Well too bad for first impressions..”

Luna hit me in the chest, as if saying I should shut up and she then spoke to Noah.

“Why would you say all that Noah, do you want to be hated by the king of another country?”

“I’m sorry, it just came out.”

He blushed and looked at the door.

———-

Elizabeth looked at her father.

She seemed to be pleading.

“Father, please stop restraining me so much, I understand I’m a princess but I’m not made of glass, I at least want to experience something in life before I’m shipped off somewhere like my sister was. And I would like you to at least listen to my choice before making any decisions that might change my life.”

“Sweetie your father gives you a lot of leeways as it is, you’re able to go anywhere in the palace and its grounds. He hasn’t even set you up with a potential suitor yet so be grateful.”

“I don’t need him to choose me a suitor, I want to choose who I want to be with. And you know full well that I’m not allowed in most of the palace. ”

“Elizabeth, I’ll give you more access to the palace I’ll allow you to go anywhere you want within it, that much is fine. But you must understand that allies must be made and you are close to that age for marriage. But since you want so much say so in it, I’ll give you a chance... If you can find yourself and a potential suitor before you turn of age, then I’ll allow you to marry him. Though he must be from a noble family background, one with at least some power or wealth. The rest is up to you.”

“Really..?”

“Did I stutter.?”

“Oh, thank you,  father.”

She jumped and hugged her father tightly, she smiled and she almost started to cry.

She let go and spoke.

“I’ll try to find a man who will live up to your expectation.”

“You better.”

She walked off back into the dining room.

The queen spoke.

“I didn’t expect you to be so considerate and allow her to have so much freedom.”

“Well, I don’t expect her to find someone who can fit the criteria, especially since she’s usually confined to the palace. But even so it felt good making her smile and that was the first time she hugged me in a long time.”

“Well, I think it’s nice that you at least allowed it. “

To be continued

2