Chapter 130
65 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 130: Over the Years Part 1

-Leon’s POV-

It’s been a year since Jesse and Mable got married.

They didn’t leave their room for days afterward and they are celebrating their child’s first month in this world, his name is Jackson.

He reminded me a lot of Jesse, he was a chubby little baby, in a cute way.

Jesse stayed working at the manor, though he and Mable moved out of the manor soon after marrying.

They now live in a nice place a short walk away from the manor.

————

Noah drafted a very sufficient, ergonomic plan for the territory I tasked him with helping.

I hooked him up with resources and trustable people to help him put forth the plan.

It only took a few months to see an increase in public morale and sustainability.

I later tasked him with other projects within the demon continent and found he had a knack for it.

Aside from this, I also made him a demon lord. He seemed quite excited.

The people of the land didn't seem to mind they were seeing improvements.

Though him being human was a drawback the people and demon lords were quite surprised about it.

Even though he had such great accomplishments he seemed quite dim at times, I would see him staring off into the distance when alone.

———

-Noah’s POV-

It’s nearing the end of the year, I remember Eli told me she only had a year to find a worthy suitor.

I never received any letter or any news, I didn’t send anything since I was preoccupied with the tasks I had to accomplish.

After I finished my projects and saw my work settle to just the job of the demon lord I decided to send a letter to the king of Latis.

I had no idea if he would read it or if he did, I had no idea if he would accept me.

The letter I wrote to him was quite simple, it asked for Eli’s hand in marriage.

It was nearing the end of her time, so I needed to know if there was at least a chance I could be an option for her.

I didn’t mind if we were just fiancés, as long as I had a chance to make her my wife one day.

I have power now, I have the demon King as family and I’m someone who at least knows Eli.

Knowing the agreement that Eli and her father had about her having a choice in the matter he should let her know I’m a suitor and eligible.

I waited a week and finally received a letter back, it stated that I should come to Latis and have a formal viewing with the King and to speak with Eli.

I did what the letter told and left quickly for the kingdom.

It took me a few days to arrive and I was greeted on my arrival.

I was escorted to the king's throne room and Eli was standing next to him.

“Greetings your highness, we have been aquatinted before, but I am Demon Lord Noah.”

I heard a little snicker from Eli, her hands went to her face as she smiled.

“Demon lord.. when did that happen..?”

I guess she found the title funny when I said it.

“I recently acquired the title, my lady.”

I looked at her as I said that last part in a kind of jokingly manner.

She still smiled behind her hands.

Her father spoke after.

“Huh, you said in your letter you wish for my daughter's hand. My daughter has many other suitors, ones that are princes and wealthy nobles. What benefit does your reach bring me.?.”

“As my title tells, I am a demon lord, I have lands as vast as human kingdoms. The demon King is my brother in law, I have wealth and can easily help improve your peoples well beings. Though I’m not a king, such titles don’t completely matter, those same kings and princes have no knowledge of your daughter, they have no thoughts of her happiness or care of what comes of her after their marriage. Marriage for such nobility is strictly contractual and only for the production of an heir. If you allow me to marry your daughter, I’ll hold her close, protecting her, caring for her, loving her.”

I looked straight at her for that last part.

“She still has time before the compromise between the two of you is up, so she has full rights over her prospective partners. And it’s quite obvious she doesn’t judge her future husband on how wealthy or noble he might be.”

“Alright, what do you say Elizabeth, as he has said, your able to choose someone who might be a potential life partner...Is he an option you wish to have at hand.?”

“My lady before you make such decisions, just know I’m not trying to force anything upon you. My letter did entail that I wished to make you my wife and I do hope for such, but understand I’ll be happy if we’re just fiancés for a while or we get married as soon as tomorrow.”

“Stay here a little while, we can catch up on what happened over the past few months and hopefully grow closer.”

“I’ll be delighted, my lady.”

————

To be continued

2