Chapter 135
62 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 135: Training

-Elias’ POV-

They supplied us with weapons and armor. The captain pushed us to wield powers that I’ve never seen before. Jessica wasn’t a fighter type, she seemed skilled in magic and healing. Dawson was also a long-ranged type, he specialized in bow and magic as well as long-ranged knife throwing. The two of them honestly seemed perfect for each other.

Peter was an assassin and blade weirder, his speed and agility were above all of us.

I was a swordsman, and a tank, I’ve never held a sword before training and at times my hands would hurt badly. After a few months of such training swinging the sword, blocking attacks with a shield, it all started getting easier.

We all seemed to be specialized in certain areas, when putting all these things together in a team they work well together. Though such a personal corporation was different. Peter liked making sure we knew of his strength. He would constantly be praised by the king or captain and we would have to hear him gloat. His ego kept getting bigger and bigger, I tried not socializing with him as much since he seemed to have a grudge against me. But since we have to be a team we can’t go without communication. At times he would challenge me and when he would win he would make sure I knew he was greater at using the weapon I’m supposed to specialize in. In the beginning, I was a noob and did not know about such fighting, though now we were on even playing fields. My power was getting stronger each day, at times I would hide my true strength, I still didn’t entirely trust the superiors here, so having some type of trump card if needed was a good idea.

At times I would be so frustrating having to live in this world I didn’t wish to be pulled into. At times it was the complete opposite, some night we would all go to a room and talk about our lives before. Peter would always complain but sometimes he would give in.

——-

The heroes were suddenly prepared for the fight. They were given weapons to fit their skills and trained for months for the day they were ready to deafest the threat to the King.

“My hero’s, I’m amazed by the sheer strength you have gained, I believe you are ready to face such a threat. Though don’t easily belittle him, he is of immense power and influence, the Demon King who rules the north is one that will never hold his arms open with hospitality. I’ve tried brokering peace but all he’s done is demolish my people's livelihood. I ask you as the king of this kingdom please fight and defeat him.”

“Will you send us home if we do what you ask.?”

“If you defeat him, I’ll reward you a trip home as well as anything else you desire.”

“Huh, Alright, we’ll take on the threat.”

“Perfect. Now go, take my army alongside you like support to destroy this threat.”

The army and hero have left the castle and headed north.

“Those idiots are just perfect pawns, with that disgusting demon king out of the way I can finally take back the rest of the kingdom that is rightfully mine.”

To be continued

2