Chapter 138
60 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 138: Thank you

Rose POV

My eyes opened as I eased in and out of consciousness. My body was numb, but I could still feel the grip around me. It felt safe and warm, my sight was blurry. But as I turned up, a sight a man came into view. He looked familiar, but I couldn’t think of anything at that moment.

My eyes opened for the last time and he looked at me as well.

“It’s alright, your safe now.”

My hands, which seemed to be around him tightened.

And I seemed to convey a smile of peace and comfort falling back into slumber.

——-

“Hhhhuuuu...”

I woke up suddenly, my breath was taken aback and my heart was racing.

“Rose, Rose you’re alright, I’m so happy..”

“Sister your okay..”

“Mom, Hue, where’s dad..?”

“Don’t.. don’t tell me he’s..”

A familiar voice sprang out.

“He’s alive, he’s just resting in the other room..”

“I have to see him.. ahh.”

“Please stay in bed Princess you’re still healing.”

“No, I’m fine, I need to see him.”

“Stop, stay in bed, once your leg and side are fully healed I’ll allow you to go to him. But right now that’s not an option.”

“What right do you have to tell me what to do..”

“Sweetie, he’s... he’s the reason you and your father are still alive, so please don’t be rude. Come on Hugh let’s get your sister something to drink.”

The two left, Rose and Elias were left, though he was leaving as well.

“So your that man who was in that dream..”

“If you're talking about when I was carrying you to bed, and you smiled at me in a daze then, yes...”

Silence fell for a moment.

“I'll leave you to rest some more princess.”

“Wait, before you go...Th.. thank you.”

The last part she kinda mumbled.

He turned back and spoke.

“What was that..?”

She looked off to the side then at him.

“Thank you..!”

“Huhu, I heard you the first time, but you're welcome.”

She blushed as he left the room.

“Then why did you ask.?”

————

Later that same day.

“Ahh..”

“Did that hurt princess..?”

“No, no, it’s just tender, and you don’t have to keep addressing me as Princess..”

“Well then if you insist how should I address you...?”

“Just call me Rose, how about you, how should I address you..? During the fight, that man called you Elas right..”

He kinda laughed at it.

“Hah, no, close but no, my name is Elias..”

————

Two days later.

“Ahh.”

“I thought you said that girl Jessica healed me.? Why am I still recovering if I’m already healed.”

“She did, but your body still has to cope. If it were a simple cut or wound it would heal instantly with no downtime. But for wounds like deep stabs or even amputation, the body may heal enough to become stable but the body must cope and recharge to fully recover. For example, if you cut down a tree and do everything you can to put it back together, the tree still has to deal with the aftershock, it may be perfectly fine but it still must cope.”

“Especially in your hip region.... likely the sword punctured through a couple of organs... if only I...”

The last part he said under his breath.

“How long do you think it’ll take..?”

“Seeing as you have a strong will and determination I doubt you’ll be stuck here for very much longer. Though Jess said it might take upwards of two weeks.”

“What about my father, when might I be able to see him..?”

“Um, ha, I didn’t want to let you move too much till you’ve gotten better but, if your able to stand even with me helping I can let you see him..”

“Really, okay..”

She quickly moved and her legs reached the sides of the bed. She looked up at Elias standing tall holding his arms out for her to grasp as clutches. She gripped them and shook as she stood to her feet, the pain was felt. Seeing it on her face, it was quite obvious to Elias she wasn’t entirely able. He used his strength and pulled her up to her feet and held some of her weight for her.  Though she didn’t notice such help.

“So can I see him?”

“Alright...”

She tried stepping toward the door but she was halted.

“What are you doing, you're not even able to stand on your own let alone walk such a distance..?”

“You said I could see him?.”

“Just put your arms around my neck.”

“Wh... What for..?”

She was quickly snatched into his arms and she held on. “Honoring the promise.”

She was quite surprised by it, pressing her face to his chest.

“Sorry if I startled you, I needed to pick you up somehow... I don’t want you overdoing it..”

The two walked just down the hall to another room, within was Leon. He was asleep and didn’t seem alive, quite pale.

“How is he doing.. do you think he’ll recover quickly..?”

He sighed and looked down at the sleeping person.

“He’s still in a coma at the moment, he lost quite a bit of blood and was stabbed clean through some vital organs... Jess and the doctors are still unsure..”

Tears fell from her eyes as she looked at him.

“I’m sorry if that’s not the answer you were looking for.”

She shook her head, tightening her grip around his neck and holding him close.

“Thank you, thank you so much for saving him..”

“You already thanked me...”

After a moment she looked to her father.

She reached for her father. She was brought over and sat on the side of the bed. Kissing her father and was picked up shortly afterward.

——-

To be continued

3