Chapter 140
52 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 140: go back

“How are the other knight and the people doing, we were just invaded?”

“We don’t seem to have any casualties, they seemed to just have targeted Leon.”

“I am sorry our accomplice did such damage, he wasn’t one to see if there was any good in the demon king or at least try talking.”

“Your friend Jessica, are you sure she completely healed Leon and Rose.?”

“She did her best and they are still alive thanks to it, she estimates the two will be fully recovered in a couple of days to two weeks tops.”

Dawson and Jess came walking into the room and gestures to Elias.

“Hey, guys are the commander pulling back the forces..?”

“Surprisingly yes, though he might go back on it.”

Elias looked at the girl on the bed then back at the two.

“Sigh, guys I think.. you should go back..”

“Wha..?”

“Look I know we shouldn’t separate but right now I’m seen as the king’s enemy for helping the demon king, you two can still be in his favor. I think you should go back and make sure they leave and watch over them until they plan on attacking again.”

“But the commander saw all of us helping you with that the king wouldn’t trust us.. and I doubt it would be safe..”

“Yea, that’s the problem, I guess you could catch up with the commander and see if he accepts you guys, if he asks why you are following you could say you didn’t like what I did and that I was forcing y’all into doing my bidding.”

———

“Are you sure they will be safe, Mr. Elias.?”

“I can’t be completely sure but we need some help from the inside if we are to get rid of that king.”

“But for right now let’s help the princess and the demon king get well.”

“Right.”

———

A few days later.

“My lady you said your brother is coming.?”

“Yes, my brother Noah is coming, his wife Elizabeth is the sister of the king of Latis.”

“What, I don’t see how the king of Latis would condone such relations..”

“The king didn’t have a say, he was just a prince and the past king gave his blessing, the problem is that the current king is so hard-headed and hates Leon to the point where he wants all of us dead. But hopefully, my brother can help you.”

“What do you mean?”

“I heard you talking with your friends about planning, my brother is a good demon lord and very smart, if you need help with taking down the king of Latis he might be of use.”

“Oh, thanks for the help.”

“Well, he’s mostly coming to see his niece and me I bet he’s worried about us.”

“Mom, what are you two talking about..?”

“Oh, Rose sweetie, did we wake you.?”

“I’m sorry princess, we were just talking about some stuff coming up.”

“It’s not a problem but you can include me if these things are of importance.”

“My lady could you get the princess something to drink, I want to speak to her for a moment?”

“Oh, okay.” She walked out though it was obvious she wanted to see what was going to happen.

“I thought you were going to address me by name.?”

“It’s always good to show respect, addressing you so casually might make things weird in front of your parents.”

“Ooh, you're worried about what impression we give off..?”

She started moving out of the bed and I walked over to help. My hands reached out to help her as she slowly got up.

“Hah, just in case..”

“Yeah, but on a more serious note, why can’t y’all include me in these special conversations, I’m an adult as well wanting to help.”

She seemed fine till she stumbled slightly, I caught her before she fell over, our eyes meeting and I spoke sincerely.

“Rose your in no condition to fight or get into any type of mess, and we don’t plan on doing anything till you and your father are fully recovered.”

“Sigh you think too much, why can’t you just relax a little, you seem so stiff and don’t seem to want to let out some slack.”

“If it’s in regards to your safety and health of course I’m going to try hard and not let anything trip up.”

Rose blushed slightly as she became stable, she moved and kissed me quickly on the cheek, something I didn’t expect. My face looked slightly blushed and inquisitive.

“What was that for..?”

She slowly walked out of the room and spoke as she did.

“Just think of it as a thank you for your help thus far..”

She stood in the doorway, the light shining brightly through and she turned to me.

It was quite a beautiful sight to see.

“Well aren't you coming, if you're so worried about my recovery I wouldn’t think you’d leave me alone..?”

“Oh, of course..”

———

To be continued

2