Chapter 142
56 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 142: Why

The doctor left saying we shouldn’t pressure him too much, that telling him any more than this would be too much. That to try bringing back his memories through stories or action. But slowly do so.

Lady Luna told him one while he ate food, he seemed to enjoy it. Whether it was the food or the story I was unsure.

Right now I was lying down in my room, rubbing my head with my hands. The day was quite stressful and somewhat depressing.

It was late, nighttime, a knock was heard at the door.

My body arose, sitting up on the bed in the slightly dim room.

“It’s open.”

Rose peeped her head in, her face seemed puffy. I didn’t think to speak, I just looked and watched her.

She walked in meekly and rushed to my side.

Her arms grasped around me and her face pushed into my chest. She deeply cried, tears fell and her voice was heard.

My hands not knowing how to go about handling the situation rested in the air before eventually falling to her.

My hands rested on her, rubbing her, patting her, trying to comfort her sadness.

“Why does it have to happen, just when I thought he was going to be okay... Now he doesn’t even remember me..”

Tears kept falling, her arms held my shirt as my arms cradled her body, eventually falling on our side together.

“Things will eventually get better, you don’t need to worry too much..”

“I don’t think I can take any more problems..”

“Sigh, how do you think I feel, this mess, you and your father getting hurt, him losing his memory, none of it would have happened if I didn’t...”

“You can’t know the amount of guilt I feel...the amount of frustration...”

She moved and got up, I fell on my back, as she sat above and looked down upon me.

Her eyes shown through the dimly lit room, her complexion though in such a state was one I haven’t seen in her.

“But you didn’t do any of this, you helped me and him.. without you we would have been killed..”

“I would have committed the same sin if I had to...”

“What do you mean...?”

“Us heroes were sent to get rid of your father, we mostly were doing it to go back home. Of course, I tried reasoning, if there was some hope that you guys weren’t evil then I wouldn’t have attacked, but if there wasn’t any and your father was as evil as said then I...”

She put her hand over my mouth.

“Then why are you even helping us, is it just because your guilty and trying to atone for what your friend did or what you might have done..”

My hands grasped her soft arms.

“You could say that, though going back to that lying king wasn’t something I wanted to do either, and you can’t expect me not to enjoy helping you recover..”

My arms pulled hers down over my shoulders, her face seemed close to mine hovering over my body.

Her arms grasped mine.

“You don’t need to worry about your father, he’ll remember everything soon, you just need to have hope..”

I tried giving her a reassuring smile, our eyes continued to have contact.

My hand moved to her cheek, my thumb brushed across her under eye, feeling for lingering tears.

“So don’t cry, it doesn’t suit you.”

———-

“Are you sure you want to sleep here, your bed is probably more comfortable..?”

She shook her partially exposed head from underneath the covers.

I turned the light off and got in bed as well.

I situated myself a bit away from her, and my back was to her as well.

I could hear her move and feel the bed start to sink closer to me.

She was practically next to me, if I moved slightly back I would probably bump into her. But I just pulled the cover-up and tried going to bed.

————-

It was the middle of the night now my mind was lost in sleep. Though a draft was felt on my back so my eyes slowly opened. My senses that were awake noticed the girl behind me a few hours ago was gone, the blanket was left open for air to reach my back. I didn’t think much of it just something to deal with quickly and go back to bed.

I folded the blanket up till it was fixed and turned back. My body and mind still barely awake fell to the pillow. I pulled the covers up close and my arms rested on whatever was clinging to my chest.

“Rose why are you in my arms right now.?”

“Huh, Whatever.”

She didn’t even hear me and I didn’t even care. I’ll just deal with it in the morning, why deal with it now.

My arms held her tight like some plush toy and my head fell into the night once again.

———

To be continued

2