Chapter 182
34 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 182: Escort

The dress she wore wasn’t a ball gown or some tight linen drapes. It was a quant dress, that covered her shoulders and allowed her arms and neck to be free. The color was light off white and green mixture. From the mirror in front of her, she looked at her face and how it was reddened. Her hair was a light brown which contrasted with her dark horns. Her horns weren’t as noticeable as other demons, they were smaller and fit her head quite well.

Her eyes were a light red, and her lips were much of the same color.

She walked out of her room and stood in front of Sir Bruce. His expression showed interest and a smile grew.

He bent down and kissed her hand as any man should towards a lady.

Bruce: “You look beautiful Princess Emelia. If this doesn’t gain Sir Val’s sights, then he’ll be declared blind in my eyes.”

Emelia smiled.

Emelia: “I understand this may gain some attention from Sir Val, but I thought you might have had a more material plan, rather than making me try on dresses.”

Bruce: “I’ve already gone over how you should act, the clothing only enhances the chances. Now all you have to do is play the part.”

———

Sir Val was dressed, he sat in his room after the morning training. All he could think to do was work. He hasn’t had a day off in quite a while. His eyes just scanned the papers, working out ideas in his head.

He got up and opened a window, letting in light as well as some clean air that might allow him to think in a much clearer way.

He looked out and noticed Leon and Luna on a stroll, the two seemed perfect for one another. It didn’t seem weird how he was a demon or she was a human. They looked at each other and saw each other as just people. Each smiled at each other as they continued to walk down the path in the garden.

Val stood there for a while and honestly he only now noticed the full view he had. Raising one’s eye above the garden showed the large open space of blue sea. As far as the horizon line was blue, nothing broke the expanse. A gust came through and caused his hair to flutter and a few papers to fall to the ground. His hand grasped one, two, three of them up, one after another. This left him nothing more to do. Lucky for him a knock came from the door.

He wasn’t surprised to see Princess Emelia, she radiated in her dress. Even Sir Val couldn’t help but smile with a friendly persona.

Sir Val: “Hello Princess, what may I do for you.?”

Emelia: “I heard from father that he was taking the day off and I wondered if you were given the same respite.”

Sir Val: “Indeed I was. I felt quite up to the challenge of working today, but it seemed His Highness had other plans, which I can understand.”

Emelia, pushed the hair hanging off to the side of her face behind her ear, smirking while she spoke.

Emelia: “My father always takes the chance to spend time with my mother.”

Sir Val: “Their love is known for its strength..”

Emelia: “I know, I can only hope to share a love as they have.”

Sir Val: “I’m sure a day will come when my lady finds someone who will make her happy.”

An awkward quietness appeared out of nowhere and Sir Val spoke first to ease out of it.

Sir Val: “Well, I can see that you already have a previous engagement, so I won’t take up much more of your time. Thank you for concerning yourself with me..”

Emelia: “Wait, actually I was planning to go for a walk through town and was wondering if you would escort me.? I understand that it will be taking away from your time off but I was wanting to leave the manors ground.”

Sir Val: “I had nothing planned so escorting you would be a welcomed adventure.”

Emelia smiled as she waited for Sir Val to get his sword.

———-

The town was busy, new buildings and shops were open and people were filling the streets.

Sir Val: “So Princess where might you be headed to first? I’m not familiar with this area, so I want to prepare myself.”

Emelia: “I don’t think you need to be on guard too much, it’s a generally peaceful area. Oh..”

Emelia got excited when she saw a food stall serving skewered meat and vegetables cooked on an open flame.

The smell was quite enticing and the way the sauce dripped off the meat causing the flame to burst caused her mouth the water.

Sir Val: “Princess you shouldn’t run off l..”

Emelia: “Sir Val, you have to try this, it’s really good.”

She gave him one and ate hers with glee.

He took ate a piece of meat off the end of the skewer, continually watching her and her facial expressions as she enjoyed the food.

Emelia: “Isn’t it delicious.?”

The innocent way she treated the situation, not caring about any problems that may arise, caused him to shake his head with a smirk.

He ate another piece and spoke.

Sir Val: “Yes, it’s very good Princess.”

————

To be continued

2