Chapter 189
24 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 189: Back

-Val’s POV-

Princess Emelia and I continued our training as it neared her brother’s arrival. Even though she was somewhat hesitant at first, she’s grown quite proficient in protecting herself. It was very nice to see her hold herself up with a bit more confidence and spunk.

It was also nice seeing how much she enjoyed the sessions. She admitted that she was never a fan of such training, but has gained a liking for it over the past few months.

After the training ended she and I parted ways, heading to our work. She was busier now that it was time for things to be ordered and put into place. His Highness was a week away at best and things needed to be on standby.

On my breaks I’d leave the manor to see the preparations, Princess Emelia looked quite at home in the authority's position. Princess Rose was also helping with the preparation, however, she wasn’t as hands-on as her younger sister.

——-

-Emelia’s POV-

I was so excited to be given control of my brother's wedding preparations. A nice indoor event was what I wanted to do. However, it seemed to be a tradition to have weddings done in the garden. Knowing my brother I doubt he’d enjoy a ball, plus knowing Sylphy she’d probably more so enjoy being around nature. An outdoor event also allowed for a less formal and larger venue.

I was going to make sure the event was enjoyable for my brother and his soon-to-be wife. Sir Val was somewhat watchful of me throughout the entire ordeal. I wasn’t sure what to make of it. His overall presence wasn’t a distraction or a problem. At night I’d often wonder why he was watching over me so much. Why whenever we lock eyes we both seemed to get a happy feeling between us. He’s warned me many times to stay away, to not entertain the notion of us being together. He could just be watching over me as a way of protecting me. However, I don’t necessarily believe that’s the main reason, not anymore at least. At first, I could tell he was truly someone who wanted the best for me. His stern almost ruthless attitude followed by an easy-going way of speaking hinted he meant no harm. However by the way he often comes to converse with me, the way he smiles at me, and most notably the way he looks at me. I have the premonition that he has gained some feelings for me. Ever since the day I first saw him and then conversed with him, I was crushing on him. This man, piqued my interest so much, that I was so excited to get close to him. Now that I think about maybe this whole ordeal about him not wanting to go any further because our statuses were all just a ruse to gain my attention. Val did clarify to Bruce on the day we went to town that if you wanted to gain the other's attention you treat them as though you aren’t interested. Could that be this experience? Is he being nicer and less strict because he knows he’s caught me? No, no that couldn’t be it. Val’s too rational, his personality wouldn’t allow him to string a girl along like that. If he wanted to gain my attention why didn’t he just give in at the very beginning? I was fawning over him and yet he refused, he was worrying for me. He even stated that I was someone he’d go after if he were younger and I’m guessing if I was someone of a common birth he’d certainly not deny my advances.

I don’t like thinking this much, it makes my head hurt.

———

After a week and a half of waiting Hugh’s carriage rounded the courtyard. Without even coming to a full stop, the doors opened. Hugh walked out first and Sylphy's hand grasped his as a way of supporting her exit. Rose ran to Sylphy hugging her and Hugh hugged his mother and me.

Rose: “Oh, Sylphy are you alright? When we heard the news that you were in slavery we were so worried about you.”

Sylphy: “It’s been almost two months since Hugh saved me, so it’s been a while since the remnants left me. My hair grew back and my skin healed.”

The hug between the two ended and my parents walked up to her. My mother also hugged her.

Leon: “I’m sad that your parents didn’t make it, it’s shame, they were very nice to us.”

My mother eased off the hug, midways she spoke.

Luna: “As long as my Hugh and you are safe, now we can finally see you two get married.”

Hugh walked towards Val who was standing towards the back of us.

I turned to see the interaction. Before he completely reached Val he spoke, still walking.

Hugh: “Are the wedding preparations already completed.?”

He said it somewhat jokingly.

Val: “It’s nice to see you’ve arrived unscathed Your Highness, I also see the band of rebels you brought back is still holding up.”

They shared a quick boy hug, with a single hand slap to the back.

Hugh: “It’s good to see you, Val, did my family cause you any trouble?”

They both laughed.

Val: “It's been quite some time since I’ve experienced a family environment such as this one, so it was a welcomed delight.“

I walked up behind Hugh and spoke.

Emelia: “Sir Val has been a great help to us here. He’s even piqued my interest in training to use a weapon.”

Hugh: “Really.. you’ll have to fill me in then.”

———

To be continued

2