201
16 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 201: Ignore

-Val’s POV-

His Highness Hugh didn’t leave his room for the next two days. Of course, food was brought to them and anything else they wished. However, I don’t think they strayed far from that room. They were newlyweds, so excitement was anticipated. An elf has all the time in the world to stay in bed and having a demon as her husband meant stamina wasn’t lacking.

I felt quite drained after Emelia and I’s argument at the wedding. That headache lasted throughout the next day.  Even the morning after that I didn’t feel fully replenished. Not getting sleep might have been a factor. The stress of wondering how to act around her or what to say might be another.

I was lost on how to approach her, or even if I should at all.

I kept my distance from Princess Emelia since I ran from her. Just thinking about how cowardly it was the run. I felt terrible and weak. I wanted to apologize, but I might have said something else that might’ve hurt her.

I trained in the training grounds and I looked up at the stands every chance I got. I noticed no Princess, no Emelia. I expected as much, but it felt weird not seeing her there. The space felt empty even though many soldiers were around. The energy to train wasn’t in me after finding no spectator. I sheathed the sword and walked out.

I continued back to the greenhouse and she wasn’t there either. Only until I made it onto the porch did I see her walking through the garden. The way she walked was different from what I remembered. She seemed down, her eyes never leaving the ground. They showed a slight bit of red and black. The dark color remained under her eyes. Was such a coloration due to crying over me, not getting any sleep as I did?

Her light pink lips clenched, it almost looked like she was biting her lip. I didn’t like seeing them change from a usual smile to this. I wanted so much to see that smile again.

The lazy way her hands dangled seemed lifeless. I wanted to touch them. I wanted to reach out and grasp one just to show that everything would be alright.

I hid behind a pillar when she started coming in my direction. I watched her walk inside and not notice me.

Why, why was I hiding? I thought of reaching out and grasping her from behind. To inhale her lovely scent and hug her till we shared the same body temperature. But I didn’t, I continued with what I said that night. That our interactions were over and this was best. My body didn’t want such a fate, but I didn’t know if I could refund such words.

I walked inside a few moments after her. She was walking up the stairs which was where I needed to be. I was uncertain of what to do. She turned and we locked eyes for a moment. Looked like she finally noticed me. Those eyes were all I wanted to see and yet I turned away.

I started walking toward the dining room, my mouth was covered by my hand. I tried restraining myself from going to talk to her.

I didn’t know what face she made as I left. Did I want to know?

————

The next morning everything happened like it usually did, I trained and ate and went to work.

The day ended and I had a follower this time. Before my hand reached my door, she called out my name.

Emelia: “Sir Val...”

I was fixing the turn it and leave her, but she spoke firmly and it made me feel something.

Emelia: “Don’t run away again... if you do I’ll, I’ll never forgive you. I’ll hate you and I don’t want to..”

Towards the end of her sentence, her voice cracked and sounded emotional.

My one free hand gripped into a fist. My other one was almost denting the handle. I turned down slightly still wavering. If I left, then I wouldn’t have to keep denying her affection. It would be one last ultimate denial and end it for good. But I had no way of knowing what would occur if I turned. I also would hate to have her hate me, and lose her smile.

Emelia: “I know what you're thinking about... Whether to say something or not. Whether to turn toward me or run. Please just... just look at me..”

I released the door and turned to her, she was red. Flustered, mad, sad, I couldn’t tell.  Maybe all of them, all at once. My breathing became harder to complete, my heart beat faster and faster. Seeing her up close made me want to go and touch her. No, I can’t make the same mistake I did last time. I didn’t even think about this till now, the way I uncontrollably gave into her kiss.

Just communicating with her was all I was worried about, but being this close and seeing her face right here in front of me.

Don’t give in to the temptation. Hold it in. The nerves were getting to me but I tried my hardest to stay straight-faced.

I swallowed whatever was left in my throat.

Emelia: “Why ignore me, as if I was trash on the side of the road...“

I breathed in deeply, closed my eyes, and breathed out as I opened them.

————-

-Emelia's POV-

His expression was stern and lifeless. His eyes were dark when he closed them. They slowly grew brighter with lilac once he opened them. Though the color only resided towards the center.

Val: “I thought we ended this when we parted ways at the greenhouse.?

Emelia: “I never wanted to or even consented to that. You were the one who kept ignoring me. You were the one who called it quits.”

Val: “Princess for the last time, whatever type of relationship you wish to have with me will not work. We are too different, whether that be station in life or interests.”

———-

To be continued

2