Chapter 205
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 205: Disappointed

Hugh: “Val, are you.?.”

The two were startled and looked at the man standing in the doorway. His face scrunched up as if eating something sour. He became quite agitated.

A vein or two could be seen popping on his forehead.

His fist was creating enough pressure to crush solid wood.

Val's fingers slipped through Emelia’s, as he started to move his body off of her.

Hugh walked in strides toward them and in one motion grasped Val’s shoulder. A gruff sound came from Hugh as he threw Val onto the floor.

Hugh: “Get the hell off my sister..! What the f*** do you think you're doing!”

Emelia: “Stop that! Don’t hurt him.”

Emelia sat even more up and tried reaching for her brother.

He continued to look down on Val with more agitation.

Hugh: “My soldiers don’t get hurt easily.”

They both watched Val get up his eyes were dark violet with a bit of lilac cracking throughout the pupil.

Val: “I ha..”

Hugh interrupted as Val gained his stance.

Hugh: “How dare you push yourself onto my sister, don’t you have dignity or restraint? What about her choice.?“

Both men were tall and stood eye to eye. Both their auras clashed, both their lineages were strong and so was the power within them.

A bit of agitation was growing within Val now.

He stepped forward closer to Hugh. Val didn’t seem to have any care or fear.

Val: ”Your Highness you know full well I’m not using the princess and if I were to have relations with her, I’d take wholehearted responsibility. Also, I gave her a multitude of chances, I even disdained her for choosing me.”

His tone started to become more aggressive.

Val: “So don’t you ever spout such bullshit to me, especially since you know how I view honor, the standards of it.“

Emelia was speechless and looked at the two.

Val: “Princess Emelia has chosen me whether you like it or not, your lucky it was I she chose and not one of the others in your guard.”

He looked toward Emelia who sat on the get of the bed, worried.

They locked eyes and a smile made its way to Val's mouth.

Hugh didn’t like one bit of it and was about to grab Val by the shoulder again. Val had different ideas. He turned pushing Hugh against the door with his arm to his throat. His eyes bright in lilac stared intently at him and with the same tone he spoke.

Val: “You restrained your desire for Princess Sylphy the entire way back here didn’t you?.. So you can understand how it feels to say no to what you truly want.“

Hugh was unsure of what was going on within Val.

Val: “You are my king but  if I must challenge you then so be it.”

Hugh tried getting out but Val was overpowering him. Hugh’s face was turning red as he made grunts.

Emelia quickly walked to them and grabbed Val’s arm.

Emelia: “Please stop and leave..!”

Val pushes with a bit of force before backing off.

Hugh looked at Val as if expecting him to leave.

Hugh: “Haha; you heard her Val, leave.”

Emelia: “You Hugh, please leave, father gave his approval.”

Val grasped her hand from his arm as they both looked at one another.

Hugh gained his balance and looked at her with a stern tone.

Hugh: “I doubt father gave his approval for this type of behavior, maybe a kiss on the cheek but no way he’d allow his unwed little girl to fraternize so heavily with anyone unless it was her husband.”

She looked at Hugh with a sad pleading look.

Emelia: “Please Hugh..”

He turned opening the door.

Hugh “You got two minutes, put your clothes back on Val, and say goodnight, we’re leaving for the capital tomorrow.”

He stopped under the frame.

Hugh: “I’m disappointed in you Val, I thought I could trust you more.”

Their eyes were conflicting again.

Val: “That’s on you. Don’t impose your ruling on something you know nothing about.”

Val’s face showed no remorse or fear, Hugh’s showed frustration.

The door closed harshly and silence fell within the room.

Val rubbed his forehead as if having a headache. His head still compelling him to go after Emelia. Emelia on the other hand stood near the bed, with an expression of disappointment. She grasped his shirt and slowly brought it to him.

He grasped it and then her. Her arms were held to her sides by his grasp, though she still managed to leave her hands on his torso.

Val: “I’m sorry, for the trouble I’ve caused you. I do enjoy your company very much, Princess...”

His hug tightened and his head rested on her shoulder allowing him to face the side of her face.

He smelled the scent of her hair, getting lost in the experience.

Val: “Emelia...”

He said her name with a confident relaxed tone.

Val: “No longer will I resist, be happy that your persistence has finally warned me down.”

He moved to face her, his forehead an inch away from touching hers.

Val: “Of course, that’s if you’ll have me.”

He turned his head to the side.

Val: “I can understand if you don’t wish to... The tears you’ve shed, the time we’ve wasted arguing, I wish I could reverse it all and just give in to your advances in the beginning.”

Her grip tightened and she buried her face into his chest.

Emelia: “Finally...”

Val: “What a mess I’ve made for us.“

———

To be continued

1