Chapter 208
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 208: Dream

-Val’s POV-

I woke up the next morning with a clear mind. The dream I experienced was quite vivid and enjoyable. From what I can recall, I was alone in front of the house I used to live in. It was a barren landscape, but as I walked up the steps to the front door life slowly grew rampant. By the time I reached the top step vines had already taken over the railing and lush grass fields were swaying in the wind. Flowers started to bloom. The scent drifting through the air smelled of Emelia’s perfume. My hand reached for the door handle. It opened easily. I saw my mother, in a youthful body standing with her hands gracefully together. She turned to me with a big smile and said, “I’m so glad your back, and you finally brought home someone special.”

I didn’t know what she meant. But I heard some familiar laughter and then Emelia came walking from behind me, holding a bouquet. She went right up to my mother and they both laughed and smiled. Emelia turned to me with the most adorable smirk I’ve ever seen.

She said, “Aren’t you going to join us, Sir Val”.

The way she said my name was playful. It was like she was saying it ironically, but it was enjoyable to see and hear.

Even with all that beauty, I couldn’t move forward toward them. It was like I was just observing and not a part of it. A shadow in a far-off part of the house spoke, “What a shame, you turned out like this”.

That voice was none other than my father's. It was the faintest voice but it spoke volumes.

I just looked straight at the prize, the unobtainable life ahead. I heard him speak once more.

“Why are you so weak to temptation? I can understand bedding her. But only a traitor would fall for the likes of that whor...”

I grit my teeth. I yelled before he could finish disrespecting her. “Shut up!”

I tried walking forward. Each step felt like I was trudging through deep mud. But I was inching closer to them. My father spoke once again. “I know I never showed you how to be a man, but this is just disgraceful..”

I spoke in defiance, “You’re wrong!”

I pushed forward. Once I was close to them I grabbed hold. They both wrapped their arms around me. I heard my mother speak, “I love you, Val. Make sure you keep this one safe. She’s special.”

I felt her disappear from my grasp. When I looked to see where she was, only flowers remained. I heard Emelia speak in my ear.

“Are you ready, Val?”

I replied. “For what?”

She laughed and placed her arms around my neck, her face inching closer.

“For our life together.”

Her forehead rested against mine.

“Isn’t that what you want?”

I closed my eyes and squeezed her.

“Yes.”

My eyes opened. I was hugging a pillow. The covers were off my body; it was morning. Thinking about that dream made me smile. Most dreams I’ve had were forgotten before or shortly after waking up. This one, however, I don’t think I’ll be able to forget. I don’t want to. The pleasure of seeing my mother after so long.

Witnessing the two women I love, gather together, even though it’s not possible.

It was such a beautiful experience.

————-

I sat down at the table in the meeting room.

Emelia sat next to her brother on the other side of the table. He stared daggers at me. His new bride Princess Sylphy sat quaintly next to him. Both girls presented a completely different aura from him. Emelia’s father and mother sat across from me. Her father's expression was much like last night, somewhat bland. Emelia’s mother had the same aura as she did.

Lastly, Red sat on the other side, between the family.

His Highness barked out an unforgiving tone, almost as if he didn’t want me to speak.

Hugh: “Do you have anything to say, Val.?”

I looked at him without any fear. Then my gaze moved to Emelia’s. Our eyes met; I felt the same feeling I did on his highness’s wedding day. I breathed out a laugh through my nose; a smile came with it. His highness didn’t care for it. I wasn’t making fun of him or his question. Just thinking about Emelia and the way she blushed that day made me smile. I looked at the table and dropped the smile.

Val: “Of course I do. I’m still not completely sure of what’s been happening to me these past few days. From his highness’s statement last night I do have an idea. I do owe an apology to you all for any aggressions and problems that might have stemmed from my mistakes.”

Hugh didn’t seem impressed.

Red: “What exactly was it, Val? We’ve known each other for a while and I’ve never seen you so upset.”

Leon: “Simply put, Val let his instincts take over.”

Emelia: “What’s that mean?”

————

To be continued

1