Chapter 211
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 211: The End

-Val’s POV-

We were here in the same greenhouse that celebratory night. Her kiss was anxious and quick, but my body gave in as if all my restraint before was worthless.

The way we are kissing now is much more enjoyable. I don’t have any worries or concerns, I do not need to hide this feeling. Any pots or plants within a foot of our position were moved and our bodies clung together.

She sat on top of the table at the perfect height. All I had to do was bend my head slightly down and that was it. Her hands either rubbed through the back of my hair or fiddled with my shirt.

My body wasn’t moving on its own. I had full cognizance. I wanted our lips to continue to intermingle. Her tongue was so delicate and small. Her lips were soft and juicy.

Those eyes reminded me of a snow-capped rose. She took a deep breath with her mouth as if she didn’t know how to breathe with her nose.

Those eyes of hers looked at my grin. My mouth slightly opened and moved slightly when hers did, I wanted to continue.

Emelia: “I haven't seen you with a full beard before. Usually, you have it shaven.”

Asking such a question out of nowhere makes me believe she’s trying to take a break.

Val: “My mind has been elsewhere lately.”

I felt the beard with my fingers. It wasn’t long. It was just able to shield the skin. My hair was also slightly unkempt. It was longer and not styled in a proper manner.

Val: “Do you like my face with or without it?”

Emelia: “What kind of question is that? I like your face either way.”

I looked off to the side and continued to touch the beard.

Val: “I’ll shave it then.”

Her lips touched my top lip. And her fingers went through the facial hair again.

Emelia: “Let’s see how it feels after a little while.”

I breathed out a laugh and took her lips for my own. My lips moved slightly downward. Her neck was just as supple as her lips. That scent of hers was so full near her collarbone. My forehead rested on her shoulder after I kissed it.

Val: “Huh, Princess..”

Emelia: “What’s my name, Val?”

Val: “Emelia… I had a dream about you. It was the most beautiful dream I think I’ve ever had. Even though I had to fight to get to you two, once I did, it felt wonderful.”

Emelia: “Two?”

Val: “You and my mother.”

I slightly laughed.

Val: “It was like she had been watching us this entire time. She said you were someone special I needed to protect.”

I turned to look at her. Her eyes glowed in a bit of curiosity.

Her lips perked upward towards the ends.

Val: “I don’t think she meant that something bad was going to occur, and I needed to be ready. I believe she was telling me to keep you close and to never let you go.”

Emelia: “You have changed from our first encounter. Even though I like how proper you can present yourself, I also like your candidness.”

I kissed her upper cheek. I felt my horns lightly tap her small ones. My lips, once again, took hers for my own. My body pressed forward, and my arms held her body to mine. I didn’t want to stop, just like that night we first kissed. My body wanted her lips, her tongue, all of her to be mine. I felt good letting go that night, but I resisted out of habit and honor. Now I have nothing to withhold from myself.

I felt her fingers pinch my side, and I flinched away from her.

Emelia: “I think it’s time for us to get back. Otherwise, everyone will think you’ve taken me away.”

We both lightly laughed.

Val: “I just might.”

Emelia started walking to the door and stopped to look at me.

Emelia: “You have to catch me first.”

Her smile was like the sunshine coming into the greenhouse. No, even more, radiant than that. Every time I see that smile of hers, a longing to protect it and keep it shining grows in my heart.

I started to smirk and step toward her. Every step I took, Emelia copied till I darted toward her. She laughed out the door. I was enjoying it much the same as I chased after her.

I think she wanted me to catch her. Because a minute after initiating the spectacle, she was trapped in my grasp. We both hugged one another tightly still smiling and laughing.

I tickled her sides, and her face became even more adorable. We both were out of breath, but it didn’t matter. I bent down and caught her lips in my trap. Once we pulled away from one another, we finished the short walk to the manor.

Such a lovely woman to hold dear and what a family I’ve gained along the way.

Who would have predicted I’d fall for the friend's sister? A princess? The daughter of my father’s enemy?

I sure didn’t, but I’m glad I did.

——————-

To be continued

Please stay tuned for an author's note and side story.

1