Chapter 213
51 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 213: Author’s Note

Hello, I’m the author of A Demon Lord’s Obsession. Sadly this long interconnected story has come to an end. I never expected the story to take so many years to write, nor did I expect it to keep growing longer and more intricate.

When I first started thinking about this story I was thinking about random stuff before going to sleep. Stories of all types arose in my mind. One day I started visualizing storylines of anime and manga.

This genre of entertainment was new to me and I enjoyed the different stories especially the fantasy ones with hints of romance.

Somehow the beginning of the story developed and I continued to replay the story over and over in my head.

It wasn’t detailed and had barely any dialogue but I like the experience so much that I decided to write it down so I couldn’t forget it. The only problem was that it was only a few glimpses I had to base my writing on.

Leon on the ship. Luna’s dungeon experience and the adorable scene where Leon and Luna meet for the first time. As well as the hallway scene and the bedroom.

I knew I needed to fill the holes and make a cohesive piece.

After writing it up till the point my memory of the original daydream ended was where I planned on ending it all. They made it to the manor safe and sound, but I liked the story so much, I continued writing. Chapter 20 went to 50 then 100, maybe this was the end. They got married they had a child. The side couple had their connection. Luna has her family and everything was great. Then I thought about how I could use their child in future stories.

I planned on ending it after Rose had her love story but I just couldn’t leave her siblings without a story for themselves.

I wanted Hugh to be a character who showed a vast change, I wanted him and Sylphy to have a conflict about how he started acting scary. I originally planned on him breaking off his horn as a sign of how much he cared about her but I felt it would have made him look insane.

(Some parts of the story like the age difference between siblings and couples, year-to-date events as well as how they could have two horned children and then one half, really annoyed me throughout the writing process.)

When Emelia came around I thought I might just match her with one of Jesse and Mable's sons but then I thought about a character that could have some development.

Val lost all his authority and wealth as a child, but because of that, he was grounded. He was also untrustworthy of most people. I never expected to use the greenhouse as the place for their main conflicts and romantic points. I originally just wanted to have a scene where she explained how Luna got some bonsai from the Beastman, but since it was a private place it was useful for certain scenes.

This story was not planned out. It was written one chapter at a time. I might have thought of an outcome and written chapters to reach that end, but not much was planned.

I am not a professional writer by any means, so I don’t think the writing and character language were consistent throughout the story. I wish I could have done a better job at character development as well as scene detail.

I wrote many of the chapters from the perspectives of multiple people. Which I enjoyed, but it did seem a tad busy and splotchy.

Even though I wrote this story I still go back on occasion and read my favorite moments. Most of them surround the parts where the couples fight and then sweetly come back together.

I thank everyone who has read this story, even just a single chapter.

It took me around 4 years to finish this while going through school.

I’m glad and sad to see it resolved.

Now I can focus on fixing it up, or writing new pieces. Who knows.

———-

Please comment on what your favorite moment of the story was. Which character did you like the most? Even critiques are welcomed.

2