Dream State
331 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Skylen bounded along back wards in front of his friends, each of them playfully lunging at him and he'd dodge each time, no matter how quick they were, he was quicker. He backed out of the arched pathway surrounded by grass patches into the main stretch of wide path that lead toward the palace entrance, laughing away, oblivious to what was coming towards him side on "Watch out!" a girl's voice screamed, he spun to see a little dragoness frantically flapping her wings in an attempt to change direction, falling toward him, but rather than move he stood up on his hind legs opened his arms and braced himself. "Ahh!" the girl screamed right before she hit him.

"OOF" they both said as Reikon brought them both crashing to the floor in a heap.
Reikon: "Oh gods, are you ok?! I'm so sorry!" Reikon said lifting herself off of him slightly, his head raised to meet her gaze, clearly a bit winded, managed to get a few words out,
Skylen: "I'm... 'pant' fine... 'pant pant', you?" he said with a smile,
Reikon: "Yeah, I'm ok, thanks to you" returning the smile. A voice from beside them interrupted the moment.
"Who's the girlfriend Skylen? ha ha." Skylen looked over to the voice and dropped his head to the floor with a groan, completely forgetting the fact that he had the company of his friends with him.
Reikon: "Who are they?" She asked, nodding in their direction.
Skylen: "My friends... also know as the constant pains in my ass!" he replied, his friends started chuckling and muttering amongst each other.

Skylen looked back to Reikon,
Skylen: "Would you mind... erm..." Reikon who was actually mesmerised by her saviour's surprisingly good looks brought back into reality.
Reikon: "Huh? Oh yeah, sorry." realising that he meant that she could get off of him now, she hastily dismounted to the other side of him. Another one of his friends started voicing up,
"Skylen getting all embarrassed over his girl now? ha ha"
"You even gonna tell us her name?" a girl in the group said, slightly mocking, but still a valid question.
Reikon: "Some 'friends'? Sounds more like they're picking on you?"
"Shut it you lot!"
Reikon thought that was directed at her but soon realised another from the back of the group had pushed his way to the front, walking on his hind legs, looking back at the group pointing an outstretched clawed finger, scanning over them with a smile before turning back and walking to the couple on the floor, he was also good looking, had a charming smile.

He stood at the bottom of them both and reached out a hand to each of them. Reikon watched this one called 'Skylen' smile, reach up and take the standing ones hand and pull him up from the ground.
Skylen: "Thanks Wrex."
Wrex: "Pleasure..." he stated, still smiling, then looked down at Reikon "...You want up or do you like it down there in the dirt?" Reikon paused before also grabbing the outstretched hand presented to her and she too was hoisted from the ground.
Reikon: "Thank you." She politely responded.
Wrex: "Also a pleasure..." he nodded, STILL smiling, 'Wrex' as this one was called, turned to Skylen "...I'll leave you to it" he said with a wink as he turned away, a look of shock appeared on Skylen's face,
Skylen: "Wh... wait!... What?! what are you on about?" Wrex turned back to Skylen,
Wrex: "A pretty girl like that, falling on you from the heavens doesn't happen every day, brother..." He gave another wink and slapped Skylen hard on the shoulder and walked back towards the group. "...I'll get rid of these jokers, don't worry." he said still facing away.

Skylen: "Wha... wait, Wrex, Wrex!..." he shouted after him, Wrex merely looked over his shoulder as he carried on walking. Skylen's mouth went to open a couple of times, unable to find the words he wanted, before his shoulders dropped in defeat "...I,... I owe you one." was all he could muster. Wrex pointed back to him,
Wrex: "That you do, brother..." He turned back to the chuckling group "...Go on, get! shows over." A couple of them laughing harder at this last comment, but followed his direction anyway.

Skylen: "Sorry about them lot." Skylen apologised to the girl.
Reikon: "It's ok, Wrex was seemed alright though."
Skylen: “Yeah,... he’s a good friend... probably should say my best friend."
Reikon: "But I thought he called you 'brother'? Are you not related then?"
Skylen chuckled lightly,
Skylen: "He, no... we're just that close we sometimes refer to each other as such, kinda weird I suppose..." He said, looking back to the group as they faded off into the distance.
Reikon: "Want to go with them?" she asked, seeing his lost trail of thought. Skylen snapped his attention back.
Skylen: "What?, no no... sorry, I don't even know your name?" She giggled at the fact he hadn't even asked her yet.
Reikon: "It's ok, it's Reikon."
Skylen: "Reikon..." he repeated with a smile, "...Rei..." His smile dropped and his eyes widened in shock. "...REIKON?! as in PRINCESS REIKON?" he stepped back.

Seeing the panic in his eyes and raised volume she quickly stepped forward to grab him and calm him,
Reikon: "No no no no, shhh SHHH, please don't get me in trouble, I shouldn't really be outside the palace walls with out escort! and I'm in enough trouble today as it is... Please..." she begged holding a finger to his lips. He gently nodded, she looked around, it wasn't exactly 'busy' but those that were around also didn't seem to notice Skylen's little outburst, but she wanted to get away from the palace before she was spotted. "...Want to walk and talk?..." she asked, he silently nodded, "...And a little request please... don't ever refer to me as a princess again, ok?" Once again he silently nodded and Reikon gestured him to walk with her down the main drag, away from the palace.

Skylen: "So... What are you doing out here, you said you were in trouble?" Reikon paused before replying, other than those that worked in the Palace, the guards, the maids, cooks etc. who were all very 'Yes Miss, No Miss' She'd never really spoken to anyone before it was quite odd being asked a question that didn't relate to palace life.
Reikon: "I... might have gotten into a little fight with my sister..."
Skylen: "Ahh... so who won?" he asked, seemingly more relaxed about his present company now.
Reikon: "Ha ha... I suppose, I did, she came worse off than me..." she mused to herself "...What made you try and catch me?" Skylen took a few steps in silence.
Skylen: "I don't know... I saw you falling, and guess I thought rather than let you hit the ground I'd at least try and soften your fall... I guess you could say I was right where you needed me to be." He said with a grin. Reikon grinned back 'Right where I needed him to be' she thought, kinda cheesy, but she liked it, she felt her face heating up with embarrassment so tried to change the subject.
Reikon: "How old are you? you look about the same age as me, I guess?"
Skylen: "Just turned Three."
Reikon: "How dare you be older than me" she joked, he chuckled back.
Skylen: "And, you're what? two and a half? My parents told me I'm only slightly older than 'the great palace twins'!" he said in a slightly dramatic way, Reikon realised it was more in mockery of his parents than of her, but she nodded in agreement.

They walked and spoke about each for a long time, through the town area until they decide to detour off the the path an out into a field. Reikon well and truly enjoying the moment, having someone to talk to and to have someone listen to her that actually seemed genuinely intrigued in what she had to say. Then with out warning he hooked his arm around hers, not use to the close contact and reacting before she thought it through quickly pulled her arm away and they stopped walking. 'Oh... I see,...' she thought to herself '...but that wasn't a very nice way to react eh?' Realising Skylen stared straight at her, wondering how much trouble he was in and that she might have upset him, she decided to play this out...
Reikon: "What do you think you're doing? Do you know who I am?" Skylen was lost for words,
Skylen: "I erm, I was just erm... crap... erm I'm sor..." Before he finished she playfully shoved away laughing in the process. Skylen lost the serious look in his face "...Oh you're mean!" and shoved her back just as playfully with a chuckle. Reikon went to push him again but he was too quick for her, side stepped her movement and she fell onto all fours. He laughed, leapt backwards bounding off on all fours, looking over his shoulder with a cheeky grin.
Reikon: "Hey!" she shouted at him and laughed bounding now after him through the field of pink and yellow flowered crops.

Reikon managed to catch up and tackle him, although she suspected that he had allowed her to as she knew he was quick. They wrestled on the ground for a short while before Skylen managed to get her on her back and pin her arms down beside her head but so that they were upside down to each other.
Reikon: "Give up?" she asked, out of breath, Skylen tilted his head slightly in confusion looking down at her,
Skylen: "I don't think you're in the position to be asking me that." he said while laughing and gasping for air simultaneously.
Reikon: "Actually, you're right where I need you to be..." and with the flexibility and every bit of strength she had she flicked her body around under his, pulling his arms off hers, catching him off guard and flipping the both of them over so now she was sat straddled his waist, pinning his arms by his head now. "...Now do you give up?" she asked panting away, he laughed.
Skylen: "Ha ha ha, yes I give up, I give up." also out of breath.
Reikon: "Good..." she replied, releasing her grip and collapsing on top of him, "...Because I'm completely worn out..." a few seconds passed and he moved his arms from under hers, not to push her off to her surprise but to wrap them around her and pulled her in tight... it was one of the nicest feelings she had felt in a long time, so nice in fact that she dozed off.

She awoke some time later to a beeping noise, still on Skylen's chest, who apparently also had fallen asleep, she looked around, dusk was well and truly here and soon to be night fall.
Reikon: "By the gods!" she exclaimed as she sat bolt up right, realising the beeping was coming from her bracelet, which woke Skylen up, still groggy from his snooze.
Skylen: "Huh, what? Oh Reikon... you 're still here"
Reikon: "Shh shh..." she put a finger to his lips again "... shh, it's my mother calling, not a sound" She pulled her right arm up with the bracelet on, opened her palm and swiped up the bracelet. A small, slightly distorted image of her mother appeared in her palm.
Mother: "Reikon? Where the devil are you? You're not in your room and I've had the whole palace searched!" Reikon pulled a grimacing face and muttered a reply,
Reikon: "That's because... I'm not... in... the palace?" hesitantly.
Mother: "I BEG YOUR PARDON?! GET BACK HERE NOW!" and that was it, the communication stopped.

She lowered her arm with a sigh and looked down at Skylen, who looked slightly guilty.
Skylen: "Oops..." he said in a genuine way "I'm sorry."
Reikon: "What for?"
Skylen: "Getting you in trouble, bringing you out here." he replied glumly. She smiled back,
Reikon: "Nonsense..." She leaned down and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek, he quickly placed his hand up, touching the point she had just kissed, as if not wanting the feeling to ever leave, "...thank you... for being exactly where I needed you to be." she said with a smile before giving another kiss, this time directly on the lips, she paused for a moment as they broke apart and both opened and looked deep into each others eyes, she smiled and leapt off and started walking in the direction of the palace. Skylen scurried to his feet,
Skylen: "Wait!..." She turned back to him, "...Will I ever see you again?" he asked, looking a bit upset of thought that he possibly wont. She started pacing backwards,
Reikon: "One way or another,... I guarantee it" She stated as-a-matter-of-factly, a smile beaming from ear to ear, he smiled back and she sprinted off.

6