Chapter 3
1.2k 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Norah!" Timothy shouted as he woke up with his entire body sweating. Luckily for him, instead of on the ground outside of the township where anything could happen to him, Timothy instead woke up in his own bed. Hearing him yell so loudly, Timothy's parents rushed in with the Patriarch of the Flaming Roots clan in tow.

"Boy, you better have some answers!" his father Arthur shouted as his face was still flushed with anger towards his son at this moment. However, the simple fact that he looked angry meant that he was happy that Timothy was actually able to wake up. "Norah said that you found a demon beast's corpse and as you were cutting it apart, she fell asleep. If it weren't for the Patriarch coming to thank me for delivering the item and me noticing you haven't returned, we could have lost the both of you and anyone or anything nearby could have taken or killed you both!"

"Now Arthur, I'm sure that your son has a perfectly reasonable explanation and possibly the apparent demon beast corpse within his very nice storage ring." the Patriarch told Timothy's father while smiling trying to calm down everyone within the room. "For such a nice storage ring, I would pay quite a bit to simply acquire it. However, my clan specializes in making the best use of demon beast corpses and as I've told your parents, I would also be willing to give you a good price on that if it existed and was in your possession.

Still feeling very much stunned, Timothy did not know how to respond as he looked at the small desk besides his bed. On it sat a very strange looking storage ring with a weird sign on it which only would appear with storage rings that were in most cases handed down by clans.

Thinking back about the mysterious figure, Timothy started to understand what exactly happened, but from what he knew about these types of storage rings, it could only be activated by its rightful owner.

Without hesitating any longer, Timothy put on the storage ring and instantly felt as if his mind was being sucked within it. As the mysterious figure said, this storage ring had a much larger space compared to his other one. In actuality, it was as big as his own home!

Locating the demon beast's corpse since it seemed to be one of the only two objects within the space including his other storage ring, Timothy simply used his mental energy to activate the space within to push out the demon beast's corpse within the room as he blinked and saw the faces of his parents and the Patriarch quickly change.

"Ah, as expected, although it is indeed a real corpse of a demon beast, it is unfortunately a rather common one in these parts. The good news for your son is that the skin could be turned into many different types of clothing which could be sold for a decent price within the city. I am willing to give you two hundred pieces of gold in exchange for this corpse, what do you think Arthur?" the Patriarch of the Flamed Roots clan asked Timothy's father.

"No wonder there are so many hunting parties that exist even within clans like yours. If I knew that I could make so much by killing a demon beast when I was younger, I wouldn't have fallen so behind in my cultivation and focused solely on becoming a blacksmith." Arthur told the Patriarch with a mixed opinion on the matter.

In truth, Timothy's father knew that the demon beast's corpse would most likely go for around three hundred pieces of gold, but deducting the costs it would take for the Flamed Roots clan to personally skin and separate every piece of the corpse and then create said products to sell, it could be said that the Patriarch's offer was very fair.

After accepting the deal, Timothy's father had his son put the gold within his storage ring as the Patriarch took his leave so that his clan could properly begin the process with the corpse. Timothy now felt exhausted and so he remained in his bed as his parents accompanied the Patriarch outside to also speak to Norah's parents.

That night, Timothy and his parents were sitting and eating dinner without actually talking for quite a bit of time before his father finally began to ask Timothy about what had happened. Hearing about the apparent mysterious figure, and finding it odd that a demon beast's corpse wouldn't be picked clean by whoever killed it seemed very strange, but it was enough information for his father to understand the situation.

"That so-called mysterious figure could have been traveling near here to find something and came across the beast. Since it seems like it was a true expert, after killing it, it's quite obvious that you and Norah appeared close by and so he couldn't loot the corpse without being seen. You're very lucky if that was the case, or if that expert was just bored and decided to lend you a hand because he saw some potential in you." Timothy's father said to his wife and son.

"It would take me at least half a year of working hard to save three hundred pieces of gold. Your mother and I were not going to say anything to you about this, but it looks like you will be having a baby brother very soon which is why I have been putting a lot of pressure on you to work hard son so that you could start taking on some small jobs to earn some more income for us."

Hearing the news, Timothy's mouth dropped open as he locked eyes with his mother to confirm the news. His mother simply nodded in agreement with a big smile on her face as her cheeks became a little red.

15