Chapter 5
974 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After several hours, Timothy gave up and finally went to sleep feeling as if he failed and it would not change no matter how many times he tried. But even so, in his heart, Timothy did not want to give up and would try again when he got the chance to!

The next morning, Timothy got up and ran down the stairs because he smelled his mother cooking some nice meat. Since their family were simple commoners, cooking meat regularly for themselves was not an option, and it would only happen if something good has happened.

Sitting in his seat, Timothy's father looked as if he had something on his mind and could not figure it out. While his mother had a big smile on her face like always and was close to finishing up cooking the meal. "I was wondering when you would wake up son. Please come and have a seat, I have something to talk to you about."

Not even hesitating since he was very hungry and was about to eat a special meal, Timothy just nodded his head before rushing to his seat. "Father, I wanted to thank you once more for the manual and the sword. I took a look at both last night and felt very good." Timothy told his father before continuing. "Even if I must work even harder, I will definitely reach a high enough height for our family to begin to prosper into a new golden age!"

"Well son, that is what I wanted to talk to you about. Because your mother is now pregnant with your soon to be little brother, it will be harder for me to not accept almost every job asked of me and training you at the same time. Therefore, your mother and I wanted to give you a choice on how to move forward during these next several years."

"It is true that I am the only blacksmith in this township, and even the passing traders stop by to use me every so often to repair their equipment or to increase the grade of items they may have in order to turn a better profit. I believe that I can support this family until it is time to send you off to explore what this world has to offer, but I can only do it if I stop giving you lessons on being a blacksmith." Timothy's father told him as his mother finally served the meal and sat down in her own seat at the table.

"Father, what are you suggesting?" Timothy asked as his mind wandered off. It was true that his personal fortune was rather decent and fairly good for a child his age since he was able to have his father assist him in selling the demon beast corpse, but, it clearly wasn't enough to make a difference in his family's current set of circumstances.

"Your mother and I would like you to solely work hard on cultivating that body refinement method I gave to you. As long as you are able to even reach the Elementary first level, it will add an additional ten years to your life, so losing ten years of learning how to blacksmith by me will be less of a loss since you would be able to make up for the time loss."

"Plus, I spoke to the Flamed Roots clan's Patriarch about what he would do in my situation and he told me that from the looks of it, you wouldn't be too far behind your peers if you were to work only on cultivating for the next six months. He also said that by the time six months comes along, if you at least reach Elementary level two, that you could accompany him and his clan's youngest generation into the city to find a proper school to take you in."

"So tell me son, are you up for the challenge?" The room remained silent for several minutes as Timothy thought everything over and the three enjoyed their wonderful meal. After pondering over the pros and cons of what his father had suggested, Timothy looked towards his father and nodded his head in agreement.

After finishing his breakfast, Timothy headed out to a small wooden fort which he had built several years earlier just outside of the township so that no one would bother him as he began to dive into cultivating.

To warm himself up, Timothy began by doing many normal warm up exercises like running in place, doing push ups, and lifting a decent sized boulder. Compared to the other children within the township, Timothy visibly had the biggest muscles which looked somewhat abnormal for a child who was only nine years old, but it was due to training like this for over two years.

Other children in the township grew up much differently than Timothy because not everyone's parents directly had a small business which required learning a very advanced skill. Majority of the other families were in charge of farming in the township gardens and would be splitting the income between everyone every year. It was not an ideal job, but it was enough to earn money while making sure the families were fed.

Withdrawing the body refinement manual from his storage ring, Timothy began to read it and tried to interpret what was in the very first chapter. It took him some time just to read the entire first chapter, but he felt as if his body was now longing to be used to cultivate and become much stronger. And so, Timothy began by walking towards a very big boulder which would take at least ten fully grown men to dig out of the ground and move.

"So the first chapter stated along the lines of if I concentrate all of my strength into my fist as I hit something, it will create a powerful punch." Timothy thought as he tried it out half a dozen times. Unfortunately for him, only his hand started to bruise up as the boulder did not even have a dent in it. He knew that he was doing it wrong and took a long deep breath before reading the first chapter once more.

14