Chapter 9
552 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since Timothy wanted to do a business transaction with the Flamed Roots clan, he was escorted in by one of their clan's outer members who was nearby and called over respectfully by the guard outside of the gate. The Flamed Roots clan only had a single guard at the gate, but the guard's cultivation was Elementary level three which was high enough to protect just about everyone within the township entering the mansion's grounds without their permission.

"Since you are only looking to sell some items, one of the elders will be negotiating with you on behalf of our clan. Our Patriarch is very friendly to everyone in the township including your family, but he is currently busy with something." the outer clan member told Timothy as they entered a side door into the mansion.

Timothy has entered into the mansion many times, but it was never from the front door and always in through a door in the back or on the side of the mansion. The reason is because all of the top members of the clan were stationed in the front of the house and did not want to be disturbed unless there was a life or death situation like an enemy approaching.

Being led into a small room, the outer clan member told Timothy to sit down and wait as he went to tell an elder of the clan to talk to him. Timothy thanked the outer clan member and gave him two gold pieces. Although his family was poor, Timothy needed to be seen as a serious individual and by giving a nice tip to someone within the clan, it may help Timothy in the future. This was also one of Master Sei's instructions.

A few minutes went by until an older man walked into the room and sat across from Timothy at the table where several chairs were placed. The older man was clearly one of the two elders of the Flamed Roots clan because not only did he wear their symbol on his clothing, but Timothy recognized this elder as well since he was very famous in the township.

The elder's name was Elder Michael and he had been alive for over two hundred years. However, what made him famous, was that he slew a rhino type demon beast that attacked the town twenty years ago alone while the other clansmen of the Flamed Roots clan couldn't even break through its skin!

"Greetings Elder Michael!" Timothy slightly bowed towards the elder before withdrawing a smaller storage ring and passing it over. "I failed to mention to the Patriarch that I had cut the antlers off of the corpse and have only remembered today when I woke up." he told the elder as the elder quickly looked inside of the storage ring.

"Indeed, these antlers do belong to that demon beast corpse my grandson brought back after discussing things over with your father. Unfortunately, my grandson unknowingly made a sour deal with your family for the corpse and my grandnephew is not very good at body refinement cultivating, let alone being a good enough teacher to teach!" the elder said before pondering over something,

"To right this wrong that has been dealt to your family, I will give you four hundred gold pieces. That should be near or exactly the same amount you would receive by traveling all of the way to Hollow City and selling it to a merchant. My clan would still have profited from the corpse, but with this, you haven't lost much by trading with us." the elder finally told Timothy after several breaths of time before counting out four hundred gold pieces and passing it over.

"Very good, now tell him that since the wrong has been made right, that you no longer need the services of his grandson and that you wish to work hard on your own from here on out but would still like to accompany them soon to the city if they would still be willing." Master Sei told Timothy to say exactly, which was then repeated to the Elder Michael.

"Very well, and with that, I must immediately head back to what I was working on. I will send one of my personal disciples to escort you out of our mansion and back to the gate so please wait here as I make the necessary arrangements." Elder Michael after listening to Timothy's proposal said as he took his leave. Shortly after, one of his personal disciples escorted Timothy out and once again, Timothy tipped the personal disciple; however this time he chose to tip the personal disciple ten gold pieces.

Master Sei explained to Timothy that depending on one's cultivation and importance, they must be treated differently when it came to building said relationships. The reason was because if Timothy treated every individual the same that he would come across, some individuals may think that Timothy showed no care to their positions which would create a seed of darkness in their hearts for him.

And so with his new master's suggestion, Timothy made his way out of the township back to his newly created training grounds so that he could begin cultivating once more. With almost six hundred gold pieces still in his possession, Timothy felt that the next step would be to qualify to be taken to the city so that he could really start to shine and Master Sei agreed with him as they began to train for over two weeks.

At first, Master Sei just allowed Timothy to train as his other teacher recommended, because he needed to dig through his very old memories to come up with weaker cultivation methods for Timothy which proved to be very difficult since not even he remembered how many years it had been since he was as weak as Timothy.

However, after around the two weeks mark of Timothy's training, Master Sei finally recalled a weak Energy Refinement cultivation method. Although this was considered a weak method to Master Sei, it was still a method which possibly even a nearby noble clan would consider priceless because it allowed the cultivator to reach the Advanced rank of Energy Refinement.

9