Chapter 46
122 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Without even hesitating, Jacob grabbed Timothy's hand with his own and nodded his head in agreement. Master Sei was silent this entire time, but couldn't help but to smile. His disciple was slowly learning how to move people's hearts but in a genuine way. As long as he continued on this path, there would be very few willing to go against him if he continues making so many friends and allies.

"So, what is this about heading to Mist City right away? I heard from my clan's Patriarch that it will still be at least a while longer until the top school there will be openly recruiting. I want to also attend that school, but I still feel like I am lacking quite a bit." Jacob asked Timothy as they remained sitting but were a little more relaxed now that they got the more tedious things done earlier.

"I didn't really want to mention this, but not only could I afford making our business official, but I also have enough savings to begin buying and reselling many items as well. Not to mention, I have quite a bit of personal inventory as well that I do not mind selling in order to firmly lay down the foundation." Timothy began explaining more about the process he wanted to take.

"Right now, we do not really need to hire anyone since I can handle these matters all on my own without any help, but even so, getting that girl you know to join us should be done sooner than later. Besides, now that my family has that shack in the village being unused, we could simply reorganize it and turn it into a little shop!"

"Do not worry Jacob, just leave setting the foundation up to me. In the future, you will have a much bigger role in the company. Focus on cultivating and fairly soon I might have enough funds to gift you with some high leveled techniques or even some pills or elixirs to help your cultivation grow faster."

"Just remember this, do not stick your neck out and cause too much attention to be drawn to you. If someone was willing to hurt you directly, there is no telling what length they would go to even kill you if you show them that you are a big enough threat. I am not completely convinced that only the Rock clan is involved, and so Jacob, if you choose not to accompany me to Mist City, please be safe." Timothy told Jacob with a concerned look on his face.

If he himself were to be in danger of being killed, he at least had his master to coach him on how to escape and at least flee with his life. However, in Jacob's case, there was only a single Advanced stage cultivator in his clan and not many Intermediate stage cultivators, so it could be assumed that he would be completely alone if such a situation were to occur!

"I understand, but I do not feel right leaving my mother alone to take care of my father. I feel like if I were to leave, whoever had injured my father would use the opportunity to finish the job. You may not have noticed, but my mother is just an ordinary human and my father only reached his cultivation level of body refinement because of the long hours he worked." Jacob told Timothy with a frown on his face.

It was not impossible for an ordinary human to reach up to Elementary level seven as a body refinement cultivator because the Elementary stage as a body refinement cultivator consisted of only the physique which with enough work and lacking a cultivation method could be done if pushed hard enough over the course of many years.

This would of course change because the closer one would get to the Intermediate stage, not only was it harder to breakthrough, but the difference would be determined by the amount of Qi in the cultivator's body. The reason that cultivation methods existed for even Body Refinement, was because it explained the process of creating Qi from normal energy that every being already had within their bodies.

"I see, then maybe it is a good idea for you to remain here for the time being. Besides, there will always be a need for us to head out on short and long term journeys because how else are we to negotiate properly in other kingdoms and not just our own?" Timothy told Jacob as the two continued to talk for several hours.

"Now that we are on the same page, I think it is time for me to head home and to begin preparing for my trip to Mist City. Approach Erika with caution and if you could, have regular conversations with her and slowly slip her an offer but do not say anything specific or outright. I need to be the one to negotiate with her." Timothy politely ordered Jacob with a new task before walking towards the shack his family owned still.

Originally, he wanted to just head back to his home and discuss many of these matters about the journey with Master Sei, but since the shack included a large quantity of items that he had not cloned, it would be a waste to not leave without cloning them. The reason Timothy was so generous to Jacob, was because he knew that he would be making the same amount of gold pieces back by selling the items in the shack.

3