Chapter 15 – The Battle of Frosting
113 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Violet looked at her new arms. Not only did they have the blades in her forearms and could shoot bullets from her fingers, every finger now was fully articulate and moved like normal fingers now, albeit with superior strength. 

"This is great!" Rei said, doing several kicks and somersaults in the air with his new left leg. With a thought, a compartment opened up in his left thigh and there were multiple throwing blades inside it. As he kicked, a blade came out of his toe that could be used as a weapon as well. 

"Thank you very much" Ranier said, paying the rest of the amount to Winry. 

"Hey, now that I can use my hands, can I have this?" Violet said, picking up a large double sided axe, taller than she was.

"That's pretty heavy! Are you sure..." Winry asked before seeing Violet twirling the axe around effortlessly. 

"Let me guess. You're going to call it witchcraft?" Ranier asked

"How did you... yes. You're right. I'll call it Witchcraft" Violet said, pleased with the axe. 

Just as Ranier was about to pay for the extra axe, suddenly a loud explosion boomed, shaking the workshop, causing weapons to fall off the walls. 

"What's going on?" Dorgon yelled as he appeared out from the back. 

"The town is under attack!" Rei said, looking out the window. 

Ranier ran to the window to see what Rei was seeing and saw orcs storming the town, killing people and destroying buildings. 

The explosion was caused by one of the steam engines in one of the buildings exploding from an attack. 

They all rushed out, but Ranier held Esdeath back and whispered into her ear. 

"Melee combat only. Don't show too much of your ice abilities" he said.

Esdeath smiled and nodded. She knew that she was his ace in the hole. Her powers alone were on another scale from the norm.  

As they went outside, they saw Violet and Rei attacking multiple orcs with extreme agility and grace. 

Violet was attacking with her new axe while also shooting bullets out of her fingers. She was dressed in a pretty sundress that contrasted with the violence she was dishing out with her axe Witchcraft. Her movements made her look like a beautiful girl dancing in a field of flowers, only the "flowers" were the spray of green blood from the decapitated orc necks. 

Rei was juggling throwing knives effortlessly, letting them fly as they killed orcs easily. She (I will refer to Rei with feminine nouns from now on) was wearing a dress and her dress opened showing her lacy panties as a compartment in her left thigh opened up to give her access to multiple throwing knives inside. 

Nightingale vanished into the mist, appearing at the right moment, putting bullets into the orc's skulls at close range and slicing the throats of the others with her short sword. Rei and Violet noticed this and somehow they started reading each other's actions and intentions, not getting in each other's way. 

Esdeath nodded, realizing that her other companions were capable fighters and joined the fray. 

A large ice sword appeared in her right hand as she charged fearlessly into a group of orcs, slicing through several orcs with a single slash. 

"Amazing!" Winry said, standing next to Ranier who was holding a pistol in one hand and firing a shot at a charging orc, stopping it in its tracks and finishing it off with a sword strike with his other hand. 

Dorgon rushed out from behind them with his battle axe and the battle was joined by many dwarves and humans armed with melee weapons and firearms. 

Violet and Rei started coordinating their attacks quickly and Nightingale easily blended in with their attack patterns and strategies. 

Only Esdeath rampaged without needing to team up, literally decimating the orcs on the other side of the building.

*BOOM*

Another building exploded and caught fire, as orcs raided several of the other nearby buildings. 

Ranier fell on top of Winry, protecting her from debris as she screamed

A large orc stood over them and lifted it's large axe over its head, about to strike them down. 

Suddenly, a gunshot could be heard as Nightingale appeared in front of the orc, blasting her pistol right between the orc's eyes at point blank range. 

Suddenly, there was a loud roar as a massive flying dragon appeared from the sky, spouting flames which set several buildings aflame.

Nightingale grabbed Ranier and Winry as the flames barely missed them and as they reappeared in a distance, Ranier saw Rei and Violet under a covering of ice created by Esdeath to protect them. 

The battle resumed as the orcs continue attacking and the humans and dwarves continued defending themselves. 

Esdeath herself was high in the air, engaging the black dragon in battle. 

"She..." Winry was stunned.

Ranier himself knew of Esdeath's capabilities but was still amazed nevertheless while watching her actually fight, especially against a dragon. 

The dragon screamed as several ice spears pierced right through it's body. 

The battle seemed to pause as the dragon crashed to the ground, smashing into a building with Esdeath on top of it as it crashed. 

"Yeah!" one of the dwarves yelled triumphantly as the orcs started fleeing. 

Violet killed another two orcs before she stopped. 

Rei had already started reclaiming her throwing blades from the dead orcs. 

"It looks like it's over" Nightingale said, standing next to Ranier and Winry. 

"That blue haired girl is amazing" Winry said

"Yes... yes she is" Ranier said as he looked at the devastation around him. 

The town of Frosting would need time to recover from this

--

"Are you sure you won't follow us?" Ranier asked Winry who was lying naked on him. 

"No.... but if you find a way to get me home... please don't forget me" Winry said

"Sure. I will come for you" Ranier said, kissing her

Winry was exhausted after the orgy she had last night with Ranier and the others. 

She already had a husband in Edward Elric aka the Fullmetal Alchemist, but that was in her other world. 

This was the first time she had met people who were in the same boat as she was, a person lost in another world, and so she felt particularly close to them. 

She was tempted to join them, but after seeing the battles they would be fighting, she decided to stay at Frosting where her life would arguably be safer. 

Furthermore, Ranier told her about Femto's coming and the huge task Ranier and his companions would be taking up in stopping his rise. 

They had breakfast and bade their goodbyes. 

Ranier and the rest had blindly taken the road heading to the north that ended at Frosting, but besides a rumored dragon's cave, there was nothing else there. 

As far as maps went, Frosting was the furthest northern town or city in Argabad and north is just mountains which formed a barrier to the supposedly frosted wastelands. 

Frosting was actually a dwarven haven where they fled after their own land of Bluerin was conquered by Argabad. 

Although the town was officially a part of Argabad, they were left alone because of the freezing cold here and that there was nothing valuable here. 

Ranier had decided to raid the dragon's lair now that Esdeath had killed it, but after that, they were heading back south. 

After studying the maps at the library over the few days here, he wanted to raid the lair before going west to the desert city of Manora. 

They rode our of Frosting on 5 horses which the dwarves gave them as thanks for defeating the dragon. 

Although Ranier liked sharing horses with any one of his companions, the extra weight was a strain on their horse, so each having an individual horse would allow them to travel faster and further. 

Furthermore, now that Violet had working hands, she could handle herself and no longer needed Ranier's help to ride. 

2