Her Story
43 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A room, somewhere in Everwinter

 

With a loud thud, Miakami kissed the ground for the second time with a good enough force to wake him up.
Then while he’s still stunned, he was picked up and tied to chair, with his hand behind his back.

“Good morning, we are not off to a good start aren’t we? I’m Charis, and this is Arden, Nice to meet you”

 

“Ugh…. kidnapping me is not gonna rope you profit alright, I ain’t wort—“
“But you do, aren’t you? O the great Habanera Grey Eminence? Or is it True Lord?”
“Wha….”

That weird moniker from a while ago.. how?

“…. That’s quiet face, honestly with your face being this easy to read is making me doubt you instead though….
You’re wondering how did I know right?
It’s simple really,  you definitely didn’t have anything on your hand, and that powder just materialize out of nowhere”

[Yea but, no normal thought process would link me to a name a thousand li from Everwinter, so there’s only one explanation! A pursuer—]
“Oh don’t make such desperate face, I have tasted your product once before, it was eye-opening.”
“Ugh…”

Am I too self-concious? With such though, Miakami’s face went red with embarassment.

 

“But to think I would catch such a big fish.... never a dull Everwinter..”
“… so, what do you want, princess?”

He was not sure, but the one ever tasted his product would be nobles, and judging by that demeanor when she introduce herself, at least, she’s a high noble.
Facing the crude remark, Charis’ smile didn’t have a slightest twitch.

“I’m impressed, though you have no control over your face, you’re quiet intelligent. Pardon me, Grey Eminence, I am Chryseum Sola Arishtail. But please, do call me Charis for now. It’s my utmost pleasure to make your acquaintance”

[…. uh WHAT!? A Royalty!]
The beyond imagination personage standing him has stopped Miakami’s thought process, and his mouth only open and closes like a goldfish.
But knowing his life is not in danger right now, his regained some of  his calmness.

 

Slightly behind her, Arden, quietly furrowed his brow, indicating his objection to his master’s profile reveal, or perhaps the rude behaviour the commoner does in front of a member of royal family.
But before he can make a remark, as if knowing, Charis raises her hand, and the man’s regain his stoic expression.

“I know I was the one who said it but, are you really the Grey Eminence with such easy to read conduct? …..but that was without a doubt—“
“Miakami…”
“Hmmm?”
“My name’s Miakami, princess, please stop with that moniker, it’s revolting. So? What do you want?”

Arden’s hand quietly grip the sword’s hilt on his waist, and a slight killing intent radiated from him. Charis only glance at him as he appear to have no intention of doing anything else.

“For that, you know about what happened with Arishtail Kingdom right?”
And after that remark, Charis explained.

Arishtail Kingdom, was ruled by a modest king, neither bad nor good at governing. The rich agriculture and the nearby manastone mine certainly a major influence on the king’s unambitious nature, and such, the rule of Elsivere Sola Arishtail is a peaceful one.

But half a year ago, the king's uncle, Grand Duke Romberg Laristas commenced a coup that only lasts half a day.
The man were accompanied by two mysterious full plated man, who singlehandedly break the castle door, plow through the royal guards and murdered Elsivere in broad daylight, then crown himself king right after.

Of course the people and nobles, in either factions, form protests, but key figures of such resistance mysteriously disappear one after another.
Then quickly, the peaceful Arishtail descended to an era of fear and chaos.

 

“That man killed my family and reign without mercy. I swear on my name to kill that bastard slowly and as painful as possible!”
Midway through the story, Charis expression turns from look of mortification, than extreme rage. Her hand are bleeding by how much pressure she clenched her fists.

“But for that to happen, I need power martial and financial alike. That’s where you come in.”
“I see…. I can’t exactly understand how you’re feeling right now, but you don’t know the two men whom decimated the Royal Guard from the front right? or how to defeat them for that matter”

Miakami’s question are sound, as by his experience, no amount of his money or tricks manage to beat pure violence.
“I was only heard the story as, at the time, I was in Academy City. But no matter what, as an Arishtail, I swear I shall have my revenge”

[But then why are you here?]
Is what Miakami want to ask, but judging by how Arden’s killing intent is leaking out, pursuing this matter further would be unwise.

“….. I see, but before I answer, what do I get?”
“That is… I believe monetary gain would not work”
“Naturally”

I have an ability to quickly gains it after all.

“And if you enjoy a position of power, you can take over Habanera economy by now”
“That is indeed quite possible”

Technically I already did it, though it’s over since I’m here in Everwinter

“And so, I actually have no idea! So, let’s negotiate”
Charis’ tone that has been sarcastic until now, changes with her next line. Her face sporting utmost sincerity
“Tell me what do you want- no, tell me your story, Miakami”

Facing the girl’s serious face, Miakami just think that he can't get away from this and begin his story

“Sit down then, both of you. I hope you like long story”

3