Misundertanding
49 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Back Alley, Somewhere in Everwinter

 

“GUFU-“
Miakami’s consciousness returned with a kiss to the ground. Judging by how the ice around him cracked, he was slammed hard to the ground.

The culprit, the young man carrying him, throws away Miakami’s iron sword, then stepped on his back, looking down on him.
The only saving grace from his situation right now is that he has become sober.

“L-Look, I’m sorry alright? I was drunk, let me treat you for a round and let this pass eh?”

 

The young man’s brow only raise a little, but his feet is still pinning him down.
His stature are not considered as big, but somehow Miakami can’t seem to get up from his position.

“It’s just a drunkard antic, man, no need to be so hurt about it! Alright two rounds, that’s the limit for my wallet right now.”

Replying to the desperate offer, the young man spoke with a small, trailed off voice
“How…”

“Hmmmm? What’s that?”

“How did you know that …I am a girl?”

“……”

…….

[What should I respond here!?
In the first place I was only picking a fight there! I don’t even know that you’re actually a girl! But from his, no, her reaction, this not some trivial secret i can laugh off right?]

The gear in his mind quickly turns to find appropriate answer, but with panic biting on him, no good inspiration descended.

 

“…… Not gonna answer? Well, I can’t let this kind of info leak so…”
with that a cold metalic object is pressed on his neck

[Wait wait wait wait you are gonna kill me!? Isn’t that too much steps you’re skipping over? And why is it such trouble for you being a girl!?]

Adrenaline flooded his system, and just like with his first battle with the wolves, his survival instinct kicks in.

“Uwoooohhh [Chilli Bomb]!”

Closing his eyes, then with a quick turn and a shout, Miakami throw a handful of red powder to the young girl.

 

The unexpected event, coupled by her balance suddenly broken made her stagger, and following that, a burning sensation to her eyes and nose further surprises her.
As he no longer pinned to the ground, Miakami quickly ran away.

Even though Miakami also has his eyes closed, he already knows almost all back alley in Everwinter, and by relying on that memory he runs toward the main road.

 

Even though generally the law in Everwinter are considered flexible, murder in broad daylight would still be considered illegal, and Kufuku guards would always tries to mediate such conflict first.
Though sometimes in the end battle still happens, more often than not, murder would be avoided.

But of course, with his eyes closed, he can’t see what’s ahead of him.

 

With a loud thud, he crashes into an iron wall.
[What the, why is there a wall here!?]
But with no chance to recover, a hand quickly seize his hand, locks it behind his back, then slams to a nearby wall.

“Charis-sama, are you alright?”
Then a calm voice of a man resound on the alley. Miakami can’t see anything except the icy brick wall he kissed. But he suspect the one pinning him down is an adult  at least a head taller than him, and his captor's accomplice.

*cough**cough* “Nooo, it’s burning, my eyes, nose and mouth. Uuuuuu… I’m not alright…”
With a pitiful tone, the girl, Charis, revert back to her way of speaking and quietly cry

 

Perhaps seeing the figure, the hold on Miakami’s arm noticeably grew stronger, and suddenly, a cold piercing killing intent assault him from his back.
Right now, Miakami’s danger sense has ring the highest alarm as of yet.

“Wait! It was just self-defense! I was about to be killed and tried to run away! UGU It’s gonna break! It’s BREAKING”
“Uuuuuu *sob* what do you mean kill? i just pressed this silver coin to your neck.....

[....Seriously!?]

 

"Anyway, Arden *sob* change of plan, for now, we bring him”
“…… Understood”

“Wha—“ A set of words only the two knows baffle him, but quickly, a blow on the back of his head robs him of his consciousness for the second time today.

“I swear I won’t drink on the day ever again!” Miakami swears as the gentle darkness embraces him.

 

3