Everwinter
58 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2 years later

The land of eternal cold, home of the refugee and migrants, Everwinter. Its a small city state with its population barely reach a thousand people, continually embrace by snow and ice all year round. Surrounded by the Ice Dragon Mountain Range in the north, Rales River in the east and Hollow Forest surrounding the rest. It’s not a proper country even putting it mildly.

But contrary the desolate place, the majority of residents found here does not wear a look of despair on their faces. Except the Kufuku Tribe, the original resident of this land, huge majority of the this town resident are migrants. To the people who lost their place in society, here they can start over a new leaf, and that alone gives them hope.

Of course, most often than not, criminals would wander here. Though the law in this state are rather ….flexible, so is the punishments and retaliations, and so, surprisingly, the state filled with ‘criminals’ have the lowest crime rate out of the similar sized state, as each respecting their own boundary and circumstances rather than fight over so little supplies they had.

Ambition has no place to take rule, and greed has nothing to hoard over. After all, surviving is enough of a big business here.

 

In this small town, which bards and poet sings as a land of Second Chances, a 20-odd young man is drinking cups of milk stouts in broad daylight.
His scarce stubble that he occasionally shave, sunken cheeks and dark circles under his eyes sticks to his face like a glove. He wore a chain mail underneath his fur jacket, and a common iron sword on his waist.
The only word that could describe his appearance is pitiful.

Today too, D-Ranked, Miakami Sato, is drinking to his heart content inside the adventurer guild branch-cum-bar alone.

 

‘I actually only meant to drink a few cups, but how did it somehow it multiplied? Gotta be the barkeeps fault, not mine…’
While thinking such useless thought, the door to the guild suddenly flung open, and a young man, barge inside.

Everwinter has an unsaid rule about asking people’s circumstance and past, but the connection among the community despite that are surprisingly close. As such, within 1 years living here, Miakami knows almost everyone's faces around here.

‘I never see that face before, a newcomer?’ his interest piqued as he look at the young man more closely.

Short silver hair with an androgynous face. He wore a silver colored half plate armor and a spear on his back. Though they look nothing alike, somehow, he feels like seeing his former self on that figure. As he thought that, he downed his cup and stick out his feet in front of the young man’s path.

 

“Well hello there, little girl, here to be an adventurer?Hic, I suggest not, this job is a dangerous one you know, go home and read a book or something yes?”
Third rate villain line flows out from his mouth. Weirdly, its fitting with his appearance right now.

Under normal circumstances, he would never do such thing because he know, everyone in this town, except a small minority, are personage capable of traverses through the Hollow Forest and as such, no matter how young looking someone is, picking a fight on random passerby will knocked you out at best.

Unfortunately he is drunk.

 

The young man look taken aback for a second, than tried to keep advancing, but Miakami stood up and block his way further.

“Please get out of the way” A chilling voice came out from his mouth.

Normally someone sober would mediate at this point, but unfortunately, this noon is the solstice day, and most people are relaxing in the warmer-than-usual temperature. And so far, the barkeep never shows interest in anything beside his collection of glasses.

“No no little missy, this is not a place to play, go home, go home now run along to your mot—GUFUE”

A strong hit to the solar plexus, striking though Miakami’s body, which has hardened through 2 years of fighting with a chain mail, quickly robs him of his consciousness.
And just like a third rate villain he is, he fell down with a thud and passed out on the spot.

The barkeep only pass the situation a glance, and continue to polish the already shining glass on his hand

Looking down on Miakami, the young man proceed to the counter, take out the B-Class Fire Snake head and get paid for his labor.

 

After storing the coins inside his pouch, he ponder for a bit and proceed to grabs Miakami by his leg and leave the bar, dragging the villain on the ground like a sack of potato.

3