Their Capabilities
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The falling snow has suddenly turns into a blizzard.

Usually, one would stop to find shelter until the storm died down, or perhaps try their luck and turn back home.

But in this white world, figures of three people can be seen forging ahead with a translucent barrier surrounding them.

 

“Oi, shouldn’t we at least stop until this died down? No sane wolves would hunt in a blizzard y’know”
Without spending Miakami a glance, the other two kept their eyes forward.

Charis keep on concentrating on her summoned Ice Spirit to keep up the barrier to wards off the blizzard. As a result, no snow has fallen on their shoulder up till now.
Protecting the defenseless Charis is Arden, who kept his vigilance to their surrounding, ready to fight any which may harm the princess.

Following them from behind is Miakami, whining and grumbling about his non-existent voting right in the party, but diligently scanning the surrounding for ingredients they need to find for the old lady.

 

Homonculus Creation.
A taboo subject, searching for a way to ‘create life’.
The method are sealed and unknown except for an extremely small number of people.

Naturally, the materials needed can only be gathered from around the world, but the list they receive describes substitution for each item, in which can be found  in the cold surrounding.

To not only know the method of making, but even understand the recipe until she can make substitution ingredients, further increases the suspiciousness of Seer Reshira.

[That old lady has been scary, but this took up on  a whole another level…]
If she was not in Everwinter with so limited resources, but instead in a rich country like the Academic City, what would she make already? Airships? Eternal Life?
Imagining such thoughts send chills down his spine.

[And that princess who agreed without questioning them is more scary!]

“You’re questioning her decision too?”
Breaking his icy temperament, Arden quietly spoke to Miakami
“Too? You think this is a stupid decision too?”
“……. To tell you the truth. If it was her past self, she wouldn’t even touch that parchment. But it seems she has changed.”
Arden answer with a melancholic face, as if seeing a distant past.

Charis spent her attention in maintaining the barrier, and so can’t properly listen to their discussions.
Arden continues.
“Regardless, we will depend on you, despite your rude attitude, as you said you know each method to harvest the ingredients, despite your crude demeanor”
“If you have something you wanna say why don’t you say it properly to my face you punk. Let’s fight it out here huh?”
“Oh shut up both of you, the blizzard will stop in just a bit so save it for later.”

Annoyed Charis quickly defuse the situation.
Perhaps the blizzard is a short one, as Charis seems to be able to divert her attention to her two party members.

“That reminds me, I haven’t told you about us right Miakami-san? I can use a bit of spear and magic, and Arden here is an ability user and Strength Spirit Contractor.”
Knowing your party member's capabilities are important to decide each of their role after all, she adds.

“A bit of magic is a severe understatement, my lady. Loved by the Spirit King, and the ability to ask help to any spirit in the world, if that is ‘a bit’ then everyone is nothing.”
Arden promptly interject Charis’ explanations.

“Well, let’s just say I can freely use every Mid-Grade spirit I know?”
Charis explains further with a bitter smile.

Spirit King, as the name implies, is the King of all spirit in Fillia.
To be loved by such existence is pretty much a free ticket for an all-you-can-contract spirit buffet without offering compensation.

 

This came out late, but the spirits in Fillia, created by Goddess Fillia are numerous.
Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Ice, Holy, Dark, Wood, Strength, Time, and many many more unclassified spirits, unknown to even the scholars, such as Nuclear, or Irregulars or even Celestials, etc.
Naturally the ability to use every one of them is a huge deal, but the use of spirit is never a dependable power. Especially High-Raked spirit.

The more highly ranked the spirit is, the more whimsical it is.
Lesser and Mid-Grade are often obey the ones they acknowledges or obey, but high ranking spirits are always true to their desire, no matter if the one commanding them is the Spirit King’s Favorite.

Arden, in another hand, is a contractor.
Contracts are how High Ranked Spirit make deals with or watch humans they found interesting, and in turn, the contractor may tap to their power more easily.
In a simpler terms, Charis would be an idol, who can ask her plebeian fans for anything, while Arden would be a gang member who can use his boss’ strength if the boss allows it.

“I see, it seems I have met with a couple of monsters—I was joking stop reaching for your weapons you two! Me? I got an agreement with Lesser Fire and Mid-Grade Earth spirits.”

In retrospect, Lesser Fire can ignite a campfire and daily stuff, Mid-Grade Fire can be used as offensive magic, and High-Grade Fire Spirit can become a tactical weapon.

 

Three off them finished explaining their capabilities and assigning roles, which is Arden-Miakami-Charis from the front, then the blizzard ends, and Charis bade farewell to the Mid-Grade Ice Spirit she summons.

Right after that, Arden suddenly turns around to Miakami
“Right, this is a good time as any, I’m gonna take you up on your offer.”

Dumbfounded Miakami replies back, “What offer?”

But then he remembers words he says before.

[If you have something you wanna say why don’t you say it properly to my face you punk. Let’s fight it out here huh?]

 

Happy New Year! Hope 2021 is kind to us all!

0