Their First Battle
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Miakami hasn’t expected such a hot-blooded answer from the ice king, and so he left taken aback.
The answer though, unexpectedly came from Charis.

“It has to wait Arden, wolves. I saw at least 3 in front of us. It’s a pack”
Just before the sun sets. An ideal time for the snow wolves to start a hunt.

With that warning she unstraps her spear and small dot of blue lights, Lesser Ice Spirits, circle around her.
Charis still hasn’t changed her attire, and so determined to stay as a rear support. Depending on Miakami as the middle guard and Arden as the front liner.

“I see, I apologize for my blunder on detecting them, let’s fulfill the first request.”
Arden unsheathe his sword and ready for battle.

Miakami finally snaps back at reality, and took position between Charis and Arden to provide protection for the mage, and necessary support for the vanguard.

 

As their formation is ready though, suddenly a huge shadow lunge through the snow from behind them.
Fur as white as the snow, glowing red eyes and a size at least 2 times bigger than normal.

An Alpha.

Perhaps knowing through their instinct that the one in the rear is the weakest, the pack leader aims to distract the front ones with minions and quickly dismantle their prey's tail first.

But of course, no one there would just stand there gawking.

“[Chili Bomb] ---!!!”
“[Flash Step] ---!!!”
“[Ice Spike] --!! Guh!”

Three simultaneous chants.
The powder Miakami throws successfully blinds the alpha, but also, the rushing Arden.
Arden, which closes the distance instantly, is blinded and proceeded to hit the rising ice spike.

Incidentally, although it was surprised, the alpha manage to barely dodge the spike.

Their bad cooperation is resulting in a sight of Arden, comically crashes into an ice spike, while the surprised Alpha retreats back, whimpering at the burning sensation in his eyes and mouth.

 

“Why are the front liner rushing back here idiot! Trust me a little will you!”
Miakami shouts at the crashed guard exasperatedly, while also kept his vigilance.

Perhaps what Arden-Charis usually do is to distract foe with a rising ice spike, so that Arden can behead them as they dodged it.
Perhaps Miakami’s presence distracted them both.
But regardless of that, the core issue is that Arden didn’t trust Miakami to properly guard Charis.

 

In his defense, they only met like 6 hours ago. Expecting a constructive teamwork would be a tall order.

Charis promptly de-spawns the ice spike, and went to Arden to check on his condition.
A small bruise, nothing to take note about.
Perhaps he already learnt about the [bomb] and closes his eyes just in time to prevent the same fate as the Alpha.

The said alpha though, is confused and pained enough to retreat, fearing the unknown magic that kept burning his eyes and mouth. And with him, the rest of the pack follows.

The party’s first battle has ended in a draw.

 

“…. I apologize”
Interesting enough, Arden properly apologizes. To Charis that is. And quickly recovers.
“No, it’s okay. Let’s chase after them—”
“No, princess, let’s go back”

Miakami interrupts Charis before she can finish speaking.

“The sun about to sets, going through the Hollow Forest, even just the outskirts at this time would be courting death. If you want to chase after them, I’m leaving”
“……. Fine, I admit I was being reckless. I’m sorry Miakami-san”

Though Charis reluctantly agrees, she knows that Miakami has a point there. Arden just glares at him as usual. But he didn’t reject his suggestion.

 

The party dejectedly retreats back to Everwinter.

 


Finally Miakami is being heard!

Anyway, so they met at solstice noon, like 10 A.M, and as the shortest day, the sun sets at 16 P.M
The late chapters, which is the meeting, eating, and battling is happening in the course of 6 hours

.............I'm making some senses here right?

0