Chapter 4
25 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week passed since Percy’s chaotic visit, and now, April’s ‘mother’ came to visit her as well. By now, April’s voice had begun to return, and although she sounded like a ghost, she was now able to communicate.

Her mother gently held April’s hands. Her mother’s cold hands caressed her own. 

“Sweetie, I haven’t heard your voice in such a long time,” her mother choked. 

“Mom,” April awkwardly called out. Calling a stranger mother sent chills down her spine, but she forced herself to endure. 

Her mother smiled sadly. “I think it’s about time we tell you about yourself,” she said as she drew circles and squares onto the back of April’s hand. 

“Andromeda Wilson. That’s you. Your father and I love you so very much.”

“What’s his name?” April rasped with great effort.

“Ulysses Wilson,” her mother said, her voice laced with love. “I’m May Wilson.”

April nearly passed out from shock. Ulysses Wilson? As in the owner of the Wilson Group? He was her father?!

April didn’t even know that man had a daughter of this age. She had met the man once at a social gathering. Throughout the entire night, all he could talk about was how lovely his wife and daughter were. 

She never would’ve expected to become his daughter one day.

Suddenly, April’s eyes widened as her reality sank in. She was the daughter of the CEO of the Wilson Group, a conglomerate by all means. A psychotic grin spread across her features. With her newfound privilege as a rich heiress, she could drag down that bastard, Martin Klein.

She clenched her fist, digging half-moons into her palm. She wasted her entire life and savings on that man, and she’d drag him down to Hell with her.

April’s new mother looked at her with a worried expression. “Andromeda, are you alright?”

April smiled. “Yes. I’m… wonderful.”

Shortly after, her mother left, leaving April alone in her large suite. With nothing else to do, April grabbed the remote, and the TV flickered to live.

The headline made April angrily gnaw at her lip. Her fingers twitched with the urge to smash something, and her heart rate accelerated uncontrollably.

‘CEO of Francis Beauty, Martin Klein, Engaged to Model Florence Grace Rose.’

That bastard. His fiancé had just died, and he already found a new bitch to fuck. Out of respect for his privacy, April had never publicly announced their relationship. But her act of courtesy ended up being a stepping stone for Martin, who wanted to completely throw away his long history with April.

“I’m happy to announce my engagement with Lillian. She’s been the love of my life for three years, and I’m so very blessed to have her in my life,” Martin said as he clasped his hand around Florence’s waist. April immediately recognized Florence as the woman in Martin’s bed when she came home. They were the perfect couple.

A laugh bubbled from April’s throat. Betrayal stabbed at her heart, and she nearly choked on her sorrow. To think she had loved that scumbag for six years. 

Her laugh turned into a wretched scream as tears wracked her body. In her rage, she grabbed the nearest thing, a vase, and threw it at the TV.

The luxurious vase shattered in a tornado of glass and reflecting light. As it connected with the screen, the screen flickered but continued to display Martin’s hideous face.

“Fuck you, Martin Klein,” April spat. 

Suddenly, the headlines switched to another topic. Although the TV screen was cracked from April’s rage, she could still make out the screen's words and pictures.

On the screen was a picture of April’s past self. 

‘The Aftermath of Superstar April Westin’s Passing.’

“It’s been four weeks after April Westin’s tragic passing, but her presence is still felt,” the newswoman on the screen said. “#RipAprilWestin has been trending for the last month.”

April raised her eyebrow. Indeed. Rest in peace, April Westin.

April looked down at her hands. She vowed to make Martin and that bitch experience a life worse than death. And to do that, she could no longer be April. 

From now on, she was Andromeda Wilson, the rich heiress of the Wilson Group.

***

As Andromeda scrolled through her old Instagram, she discovered that the other Andromeda dreamed of being an idol. She’d posted countless photos of herself outside of her agency and in the studio. 

Occasionally, there was a clip of her singing, and Andromeda winced at the scratchy voice and out of tune notes. Singing was definitely not for her.

She’d likely only been accepted into her agency because her father was the Wilson Group CEO. But that was okay. From now on, Andromeda would have countless opportunities to prove herself to the world.

A former superstar wasn’t to be underestimated.

Unfortunately, it didn’t seem like the former Andromeda had made it very far since Andromeda had never heard of the old Andromeda until now. 

A frown appeared on Andromeda’s face as she whispered her apologies. She clenched her fist, digging half-moons into her palm. As an apology to the dead girl, Andromeda vowed to achieve her dreams for her.

Andromeda combed her hair back as she took a selfie of herself on her hospital bed.

“What angle will make me look the most pitiful?” she thought aloud. 

She waved her arm around, trying to find her best angle. She froze when she found a rather nice frame.

Andromeda pulled the shoulder of her hospital gown down a bit, so the burn scars that snaked up her neck were more visible. She made a peace sign at the camera, making sure her sleeve was pulled down far enough to reveal the scars marring her hands and arms. 

Click!

She looked at the photo and frowned. It’d have to do for now.

Andromeda logged on to her Instagram account and posted the picture along with the caption, “I’m happy to announce my successful recovery! <3”

Unfortunately for her, it didn’t seem like other people were happy to see her successful recovery. Hate flooded her comments section, but Andromeda read through them with indifference. After spending years in the entertainment industry, her heart had become immune to the death threats and shameless comments that were thrown her way.

“Murderer.”

“You killed April.”

“Ugly bitch lol. Don’t think of trying to become an idol.”

Little did they know that they hated their idol, April, and not Andromeda Wilson.

Andromeda scrolled through the hate comments rolling in with a slight smile. The more people hated on her, the more attention she was receiving. More publicity was always better, be it good or bad.

1