Chapter 5
26 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“How’s Andromeda?” Percy asked his secretary as he drove to his next meeting.

“Pardon?” His secretary, Lance Wilhelm, reeled in shock. Since when had Percy taken an interest in that witch? “It seems she has posted on Instagram recently. Lots of hate has been flooding her comments section.”

Percy raised a brow. “For what reason?”

“Fans blame her for April’s death.”

Percy shook his head. Andromeda was emotional and easily discouraged. Even if she had lost her memory, Percy refused to believe her willful personality would change by much. The hate comments were bound to make her feel bad.

“Would you like me to remove the hate comments?” Lance asked politely.

“No, let her be.”

Lance smiled as he looked in the rearview mirror. As he expected, his boss wasn’t interested in Andromeda. Lance breathed a sigh of relief. Andromeda Wilson was bad news.

However, as Percy looked out the window, his thoughts were muddled by Andromeda’s horrified face. He clenched his palm. “She’ll come to me eventually for help,” he thought to himself.

***

Eventually seemed to have turned into hours, days, and then weeks. As Percy sat at his desk, he pulled at the roots of his hair.

Andromeda hadn’t contacted him once since he visited her. When she was younger, she claimed to have fallen in love with him at first sight. 

So why hadn’t she fallen in love with him again?

Percy loosened his tie. He hadn’t expected that annoying, black-haired woman to bother him so much.

He stared at the papers before him, trying to focus on his work, but Andromeda’s fierce gaze never left his mind. He groaned and hit his head, desperately trying to shake her out. But it was to no avail.

Percy abruptly stood from his chair in resignation. He pulled his coat off the back of his chair and strode toward the exit of his office.

Lance, upon seeing his frazzled boss, stood up and followed him.

“Sir, sir, sir, where are you going? Do you need me to drive you there?” he blurted, struggling to keep up with Percy’s long strides.

“No, thank you. I’ll be going by myself.”

Lance’s footsteps froze, and his shoulders slumped in defeat. “Aright, sir. Have a good time,” he said sadly as he trudged back to Percy’s office alone.

Percy entered the elevator, impatiently tapping his feet and looking at the time. The elevator seemed to be moving slower than ever, and when it finally opened, he rushed out the door and to the parking lot. 

He strode to his car, nearly running at this point, desperate to see the woman running around his mind.

When Percy arrived at the hospital, a familiar face stopped him by the entrance. 

“Percy! So nice to see you!” a youthful voice chirped.

Percy looked down to see Rosalyne Peters, a popular actress, and singer. She hid behind chunky sunglasses and a black face mask, but her sly eyes gave her away. Her long, brown hair was swept beneath a bucket hat, the same color as her glowing, brown skin.

“Rosalyne,” he greeted her gruffly. He attempted to slip past her and to Andromeda’s hospital room, but Rosalyne side-stepped, blocking his path.

Percy narrowed his eyes in annoyance. 

“What are you doing here?” Rosalyne batted her eyes innocently. “I haven’t seen you in forever! We should grab lunch together. How about it?”

“No, thank you.” Percy clicked his tongue on the roof of his mouth. Ruthlessly, he pushed her to the side and rushed past her.

As he left, Rosalyne whipped her head around in annoyance. The friendly grin on her face had been replaced with an ugly scowl. “Ugh, what the hell is wrong with him? Is he actually here to see that bitch?” Rosalyne huffed as she stormed out of the hospital.

When Percy burst into Andromeda’s room, she was peacefully standing by the window, entranced by the view outside. Earbuds plugged her ears, and she hummed as she listened to the soft music playing.

She didn’t seem to notice Percy’s entrance, and her gaze stayed transfixed on the bustling traffic below her. 

“What are you doing? It would be best if you rested instead of standing up,” Percy said as he strode toward her.

Andromeda turned to look at him and pulled the earbuds out of her ear. “Percy,” she said indifferently. It was nothing like before, where’d she squeal and run up to him every time she saw him.

Needless to say, Percy preferred this calm side of her much more.

“Why was Rosalyne here?” Percy asked as he guided her back toward the bed.

“Rosalyne?” Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she sat back down on the bed. Suddenly, her eyes lit up in realization. “Oh, the woman who was just here?”

Percy nodded. “What’d she want?”

Andromeda frowned. “I don’t see what that has to do with you.”

A wave of heat burst in Percy. He desperately wanted to cut her head open and see what was going on in that pretty head of hers.

“What do you want?” Andromeda asked, straight to the point. 

Her icy tone made Percy feel a strange, indescribable feeling of unfamiliarity and interest. But what exactly did he want? Percy wasn’t even sure himself.

Why was he even here? Why was he worried about the girl who he hated to oblivion?

Percy knit his eyebrows, and Andromeda stared at him with interest.

He sure was handsome. Being his fiancé wouldn’t be too bad. He was rich, powerful, and handsome. What more could she ask more?

Suddenly, he retracted his hands from her as if he were recoiling from the heat of boiling water. His expression remained frozen as he promptly rushed out of the room.

Andromeda raised her eyebrows. “What’s up with him?” she asked out loud to herself. In the end, she shrugged.

In regards to his question, Rosalyne had visited her to declare her love for Percy. Andromeda chuckled as she recalled Rosalyne’s sparkling eyes as she said, “I’m in love with Percy, and I won’t give up just because he’s your fiancé.”

Andromeda internally apologized to the headstrong girl. She wouldn’t give up on a goldmine like Percy. Being his wife would only make dragging down Martin Klein even easier. 

1