Chapter 2: Prank Show?
123 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sheng Wei looked around for the source of sound, but as it seems to be coming from all location, he cannot pin point a place. Hence, he just waited while staring straight into the air unblinking.

Hidden Speaker?

“…Young one, aren’t you going to talk?”

“Not interested”, Shen Wei coldly replied.

“You’re about to die and I could be your only hope, young one, you sure you want to take the risk?” the voice replied, with hints of anger in it.

“If you want me to die, then let me die. If you want me to live, then let me live. Hurry up and decide though” Shen Wei replied nonchalantly, while walking back and forth with his hands behind his back as if taking a stroll in the park.

“…” the voice remained silent as if it didn’t want to deal with this human no longer. Without giving Shen Wei a choice, a white light encircled around him, and the studio remained frozen, but without a single hair of Shen Wei insight.

 

“…H..Hey…Wa…Wake up!” a soft girl’s voice yelled out.

Shen Wei opened up his eyes slowly adapting to the blaring light that entered into it, making him squint. When a shadow came in front of his sight blocking the harsh light, making his eyes ease. The shadow was in fact a face of a cute girl around the age 17-20, with big eyes and long hair, and a blush on her face started appearing, being examined so closely.

Without speaking stood up backing away from the girl. Shen Wei looked around the area to find himself in a forest, with large pine trees looming over and fallen pieces of wood here and there. Around him, was a camp area set up, with 4 tents set up, 6 chairs surrounding a camp fire in the middle, boiling some substance. Currently, seated in the chair was 2 more females, and 2 males, all around the same age 17-20.

The one girl who was closest to the fire had short bob hair, tanned skin, dressed in a red long sleeve sweater, along with hiking pants and boots. She was currently picking at the boiling substance.

While the other girl beside her, had long hair tied into a pony tail, dressed in a pink tight fitting mini dress showing off her long thin legs and even wore high heels. But unlike the short bob haired girl, she was clearly nervous, with her biting her finger till the point it was started to bleed a little, and her head held down.  

While one of the guys who had a cigarette in his hand smoked it while staring curiously at the knife he had on the side. He had silky black hair tied into a pony tail, and wore a white t-shirt outlining his muscles with jeans and boots.

As for the last guy, he had huge black square glasses on his face, but unable to cover the delicate features of the face, along with the peach blossom eyes, and pale skin. He wore a checkered sweater and beige pants that looked a bit too big for him with his slender frame, and on his feet was leather shoes. He was calmly observing the surroundings, looking at each and every one.

The short hair girl finally looked up from the boiling pot, and said, “I don’t get why Professor Chen wants us to hold this camping trip, he couldn’t even make it. So annoying, I had to cancel plans for this.”

The guy with the big frames, used a finger and shifted his glasses up, and spoke up in a soft voice inquiring, “Yes, I also don’t get the point of this trip”

The male with the pony tail joined into the conversation, “He said he wanted us to use this opportunity to build up our teamwork for the upcoming play we have, so we understand each other more and can improvise ourselves when necessary. But I have to say, I think he just didn’t want to deal with this club for a while and send us off here instead”. To vent of his anger, he stabbed the knife into the broken log beside him, stabbing it deep.

“um…um…how long are we supposed to stay here for?” the girl with the high heels asked, while shaking and with her head down.

While the girl who woken up Shen Wei joined the circle again and frowned while looking at the shaking girl, she said “2 days and 1 night, did you not know before?”

The girl responded with more shaking, and kept her head down.

With that, the conversation died, and the short hair girl started handing out curry that was being made in the pot, as the sun went down. But Shen Wei, the shaking girl, and the big framed glasses, they all did not touch their plate, causing the short hair girl to frown in displeasure.

“Okay, let’s sleep and get this night over with”, the pony tailed guy said with a clap of his hands.

“Yu Yao and I will sleep in this tent then” said the short-hair girl while holding onto the long-hair girl with big eyes.

“Yes, I will be sleeping together with Ying Ting” she said and nodded, and they both went into the tent closest to the forest.

“Okay, then you will be sleeping alone I guess?” the pony-tailed guy said to the high-heeled girl.

Hearing that, the girl have a mix of emotions, and finally accepted her role and went into the tent next to it.

On the other side, the glasses guy spoke up and said “I will be sleeping with him” as he pointed to Shen Wei, who still had his black mask on.

“Guess, I, Ye You, is destined to be alone” the pony hair guy chuckled, as he flung his hands up dramatically and turned to enter his tent.

With just the two of them left, the glasses guy walked closer and in a soft whispering voice he asked, “You’re a player too right?”

Player?

Shen Wei understood that he currently was playing a role, with the high-heeled girl and the glasses guy, who weren’t let into the secret. While the rests of the people clearly had a script to follow.

Shen Wei clearly was thinking that he was in some kind of pranking show at this moment. So with a nod, he affirmed his place as a player to the glasses guy.

“I’m Zhou Wen…I don’t understand why this is happening either, but according to that voice…we should be able to live back our lives if we survive enough instances…hey, what do you think will happen in this instance?”

Like a cue, a sudden cold wind swept through the forest, rustling the trees, shifting the tents, and even strong enough to blow out the fire.

After passing by, the forest was completely silent, not even a single sound of insects or animal could be heard. The moonlight gave off an eerie setting, reflecting everything in a cold pale manner.

The silence was broken by fast footsteps, with branches broken here and there, although there was only one pair of footsteps that could be heard. Faster and faster, it was getting closer and closer to the camp site.

Author comment:

Poor Shen Wei...he will soon face the reality! 

Looking for comments! And my grammar isn't the best, so feel free to point out any errors, or parts that doesn't make sense!  :)

3