Chapter 8: Questions to be Answered
72 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Squinting from the lights, Shen Wei can see that he is surrounded by pure white with a bright column in front, as if that column was a giant glow stick. One cannot see how far this place stretches, only the horizon can been seen in this distant, meeting the dark sky with the pure white floor, throughout the whole scene the only source of light was the column.

Staring down, he could see that all of his wounds and broken bones were healed, even his white shirt returned to white without any damage, as if it was never there to begin with. But the lingering pain reminded him that it was all real, no matter how unscientific this is, it is happening. For some reason he got into this mad world, and even had to kill someone.

But…

It was the only time for a long time since I’ve felt so alive…even now my heart beats faster than normal…

Analyzing his surrounding, he found golden words on the column.

Written on the column was,

“Mission fully complete

 1000 minutes have been obtained

Shop is now open

Due to certain circumstances, an extra gift have been placed in your inventory

Congratulations, you have a maximum 1000 mins before your next mission!”

Shop?

Looking at the column, one can see app like icons shown on the side. Clicking on the shopping bag, there was a variety of things that could be found, things that shouldn’t exist in the world like laser guns, ghost defending talisman or things like partner up card, hotel room and even gourmet food. But to buy those items, it costs minutes, and a measly 1000 mins can only get one medical kit, some clothes, biscuits and some water bottles.

Seeing that there is food in the shop, it can show that not every mission would have food available, and starving can be a great possibility.

Without thinking any longer, Shen Wei bought gloves, some biscuits and water bottles, leaving only 15 mins left.

I still know too little…

Thinking back at how Zhou Wei turned silent after shouting at the system, Shen Wei attempted the same.

“System”

… Silence was returned.

“System?”

“System…isn’t it your responsibility to guide newcomers?”

“…Hello, how may I be of service?” them mechanical voice finally spoke out, with a hint of anger in its tone.

“If I die in the instances, I will die in real life too, right?”

“Yes, although we can heal wounds but we cannot heal the body once the soul leaves the body”

“…Soul?”

“Yes, the very being of your existence”

“How do I get back to real life?”

“You have to accumulate a million minutes to buy the life card in the shop”

“...a million? How much does each instance earn?”

“It depends on the level, and the clearance level. What you’ve just experienced was level D, with full completion you would receive 1000 mins. It increases by 500 mins with full completion with the increase in level. However when it reaches level S which is after level A, you can receive up to 10,000 mins. While the highest level SSS receives 100,000 mins with full completion”

“Then how many people have returned to the real world?”

“I am not authorized to say”

“Then can I go into any level I choose?”

“As of now, the highest level you can choose is level A. Although I would not recommend that with you only experiencing one instance”

“How do you get full clearance? With the elimination of the monster?”

“Yes, to fully answer that, you have to eliminate the monster’s sense to live”

“Sense to live…? Does everyone with near death experience go through this?”

“I am not authorized to say”

“Last question….Le Cheung was a real person right? The world was real back there wasn’t it?”

Hearing this question for the first time, the system maintained silence for a long time, as if contemplating whether they have authority to answer the question. But after receiving confirmation from the higher ups, the system said,

“…Yes, Le Cheung is real. Although the world is not real, but based on Le Cheung’s memory”

“Why? Why make us go through this? What’s the final objective? Did Le Cheung really have to die?”

“In the future if you are able to accumulate 1 million points, all answers that you want shall be answered” a male voice spoke out.

And to end the conversation, the world turned bright, with everything white, the sky was like the floor, pure white. And the countdown timer hanged in bright red letters showing that only 1 minute was left.

Before Shen Wei can examine the surrounding, a screen popped up in front.

“Options for next instance:

Level D

Level C

Level B

Level A”

Without hesitation, Shen Wei chose level A.

Author's note:

I lied...ML will definitely show up next chapter... I just have to get some explanations across. Sorry for that...and Merry Xmas!! :) Did anyone watch Sweet home??! It's soooo good! 

1