Chapter 31 – Spar?
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now instead of leaving, Leon followed Alfeios back to the area of the forcefield before activating it. 

"Let's start with a quick spar, will we?" Alfeios said to Leon as they centered themselves directly in the middle of the forcefield.

"Sounds fun, I've been wanting since for quite a while now," Leon responded without hesitation.

"Oho? Let's make haste then," Alfeios replied with a smirk.

Alfeios and Leon were shirtless facing each other inside the massive forcefield. Alfeios raised his left arm. 

"Tremor," were the words Alfeios mumbled before the structure beneath Leon started to tremble. 

This causes Leon to acrobatically maneuver these small quakes. 

Too easy Leon thought. 

He pushed explosively towards Alfeios before generating a magical orb in the middle of his right hand. He directed it towards Alfeios but before it could make contact. Alfeios vanished from his spot before appearing with his knee fully blasted in the stomach of Leon.

*BLURHH* 

A mouthful of blood escaped Leon's lips. 

Such speed, I couldn't even detect his movements Leon thought to himself. 

Alfeios then immediately vanished again. But this time he appeared above Leon looking to deliver a blow with his left fist. 

By this time Leon recollected himself and performed an acrobatic twist to try to block the attack. He now crossed his arm whilst Alfeios punched downwards, causing Leon to be slammed into the ground flat on his back. 

Alfeios was about to deliver a second blow before Leon forced himself to the left of Alfeios attack. 

*BOOM* 

Alfeios fist was planted into the now empty space on the ground. 

"Not bad, not bad at all," Alfeios said. 

"It was sheer luck," Leon replied. 

He then continued, "But it's time for me to show you what I got." 

Leon said before standing upwards. Leon finally released his aura. A massive crater formed below him on the platform he stood. The air around him became suffocating and heavy. 

He was now transforming. Alfeios didn't know what was the cause of this but it seems Leon was also unraveling his gene. 

His body started solidifying itself. His face went from normal to having features of a lion. He grew fangs and claws that looked to be 4-inches long. A scorpion-like tail could now be seen protruding from his lower back while two horns could be seen protruding from his head. Wings as red as blood sprung as they extended from his back. 

This form that Leon had now taken, Alfeios recognized it. It resembled that of the Manticore King, Evangeline. 

A very powerful and dangerous Persian legendary creature that lived around ten-thousand years ago. In its full form, it's said to have the tail of a scorpion, the wings of a dragon, the horns of a goat, and the head and body of a lion. 

"Tch, how troublesome, the last time I fought one of these was when I was fourteen," Alfeios muttered to himself. 

He first encountered this creature in a small village on their journey. It was the gene of a crazed man who cause ruins to his village every-time he transformed. Alfeios had a fierce battle with the creature but the outcome was inevitable. 

"Well, come on then!" Alfeios yelled at Leon.

Leon smiled as he heard this. He then leaped towards Alfeios at full force. Just before reaching within Alfeios range he spun in mid-air and propelled his body while directing his tail to deliver's blow to Alfeios. Alfeios raised his left arm.

*DOOM* 

Leon's tail made contact with Alfeios arm. The force sent Alfeios sliding a few feet back. 

Nice Alfeios thought. Without even a break, Leon pushed forward again. This time he made a series of combat attacks on Alfeios. From left to right, Leon relentlessly attacks Alfeios using both his arms and tail while staying afloat just a little above the ground. 

Just a reminder, Alfeios was only using his left arm and legs to fend off each of Leon's attacks. 

Perfect, you never cease to amaze Leon thought as he witnesses Alfeios effortlessly blocking each of the attacks. 

What Leon didn't know was that Alfeios was now using his ability: Insight. 

This allowed him to see a trajectory for every one of Leon's attack. And with a perfect prediction, Alfeios can deflect every attack after estimating where it would land on his body.

A few minutes passed before both Leon and Alfeios were blown back a few steps due to their constant exchange of blows. They then took this chance to take a breather.

"Your forms quite formidable ayy!" Alfeios spouted. 

"It's you that's more impressive being able to keep

up with it so effortlessly," Leon replied in a disoriented voice.

"Well, should we continue?" Alfeios said wanting to get back into action quickly. 

"Let's proceed," Leon responded yet again in a disoriented voice. 

The two exchanged blows after blows for the next eight hours. 

During this time Alfeios was only using a portion of his real power, better yet his whole aura. Leon realized that he was now being a tool for Alfeios but kept attacking because he could gain some experience from this. But something happened to cause their little spar to halt.

0