Chapter 32 – Gathering of the First Ten
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the clock struck one, it happened again. Alfeios stopped exchanging blows with Leon, instead, he took a few steps back from him. 

"What's the matter? Can't keep up anymore?" Leon asked after Alfeios suddenly stopped attacking. 

"Something's coming, I can feel it," Alfeios mumbled. 

"What's coming!" Leon exclaimed in his disoriented voice. 

He noticed Alfeios breathing heavily before he fell to one knee. The expression on Alfeios face made it seem as if he was trying to hold something back. He was now drenched in sweat as he struggled to stay upright. 

Leon who was still in his descendant form witnessing this attempted to approach Alfeios. But before that could happen, a massive aura engulfed his body. The aura has black with a mixture of red. It swallowed Alfeios whole as it started to levitate just above the ground with Alfeios still inside. 

"What the?" Leon muttered but just as he said that he launched himself towards the aura. He was about to attack it because he thought it would cause harm to Alfeios. Just as his punch landed on the aura he was surprised to see that his attack was deflected causing him to launch backward right into the forcefield in which they were contained. 

"What an impenetrable aura," Leon muttered. He was just about to stand up but was unexpectedly knocked back down. 

The aura around Alfeios released a power wave that shook Section 8. This power wave eventually maximizes its range, reaching the heights of the Treasures HQ. Though it was faint it could still be felt by other Jundeager's. The Jundeager's that noticed the pressures were his father and the First Ten, naturally. Because they'd felt this danger before.

*BRRING* 

A call came through in Section 8. Leon diverted his attention from Alfeios towards the communicator. 

He made haste and exited the forcefield leaving Alfeios still inside the obscene ball of aura. Before approaching the communicator his appearance slowly retracted to normal. 

"Hello," Leon said.

"Oh Leon, are you still in section 8?" Anapo questioned.

"Yes, both Alfeios and I decided to go in seclusion to train," Leon responded.

"And where's Alfeios?" Anapo asked.

"Not too long ago after sparring for hours, he became engulfed inside this ball of aura, emitting a massive power wave," Leon explained.

"So that's what I sensed!" Anapo mumbled.

"Are you serious? You felt the pressure from here," Leon asked out of curiosity.

"Indeed, but I want you to keep an eye on things I'll be heading down there with the First Ten," Anapo replied. 

Leon was surprised that the First Ten were all going to be located in one place. They were never known to get along with each other. They were all individuals of their own if it didn't involve them being on a mission. Guess I'll just have to wait Leon thought to himself. 

*Approximately 20 minutes later*

While time slowly passed there were no significant changes with Alfeios nor the obscene ball of aura other than him falling unconscious. 

In due time Anapo could now be seeing entering Section 8. Behind him stood ten figures coming from the dark entrance. All emitting intimidating energy. 

This pressure? They're finally here Leon thought as a smile flashed on his expression. Though Leon only recognized Rockwell and Sahsa. As for the other Jundeager's, they were some new faces.

"Hey there Leon," Anapo said.

"Ahh finally here Anapo, with the First Ten I presume," Leon said fully well knowing who they are.

"And who might you be?" A spiky red-headed guy equipped with a sword intervened but not without releasing a subtle but outrageous pressure. 

"Me? The names Felix-Leon Jundeager" Leon said releasing a pressure equal of his this show-off.

"Knock it off Arakbar! Have some respect!" Rockwell intervened. He continued his speech.

"As for you, it's been a while," he said looking towards Leon.

"Yes, it has," Leon replied with a nonchalantly smile.

"Ohh, you know each other?" another person said. This time it was Omega who intruded the conversation. 

He had short grey curly hair with light grey eyes. He was dressed in a white suit with a black tie.

"Yes, Leon isn't only the newest recruit but he's also the older brother of our master," Rockwell explained.

"Really?" another Jundeager said. Everybody looked to see that it was Rosemary. She was on the short side with dark blue hair and glasses. She was always known to be quiet but for some reason, she spoke. 

"Is there a problem Rosemary?" Rockwell said.

"Other than the fact that I don't see anything special about him, no" Rosemary replied. 

Everyone kept their gaze at her while looking dumbfounded. 

How rude! Leon thought to himself.

"Enough everyone! I didn't call you all here to bicker we have a pressing matter," Anapo said as he pointed towards Alfeios who was still inside the ball of aura. 

"This feels a little nostalgic, won't you say?" Omega said. 

"I presume all of you felt it too right," Anapo said.

Simultaneously, all the ten shook their heads. 

"Based on my observation it seems he's reaching new heights, I'd say he's been like this for at most thirty minutes. The only thing that bothers me is that aura that looks to be impenetrable." 

A guy who looked to be a few inches from being 7-foot spoke. He was lanky and muscular with an afro. 

The guy then proceeded to end with, "Seems it's going to be even more difficult than last time." 

This guy...he's atrociously smart, he deciphered the whole situation from a mere glance Leon thought as he looked him up and down. The guy noticed this and glanced at Leon. 

"There you go again with your scary intellect Goattroffer", said a girl as she smacked Goattroffer on the back. She continued," This guy here is who we call Goat and he's quite friendly."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Goat and what should I call you" Leon replied.

"Just call me YeVongeline," she said happily. 

"That was some good observation Goat," Anapo intervened. 

He resumed saying, "Everyone! I want you all to stay on guard, for anything can await us when he awakes. Don't forget what happened last time"

"Yes sir," everyone responded.

Leon was the only one who felt left out. But he wouldn't have felt that way if he knew what happened a few years ago.

0