Chapter 42 – Almost There
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*On the sidelines*

"I-I....can't....believe.....it. Did....w-we....just....l-lose....yet....another.....match," Alexander uncontrollable spoke as he slowly stumbled to the floor.

"Boss!" Eric yelled as he hurriedly approaches Alexander. 

"Get up boss. You can't let anyone see you like this," Eric continued in a worried manner.

Eric slowly helped Alexander before he said, "I'm alright now. Maria goes carry Takei's body to the medics."

Maria then quickly followed Alexander's order. 

"Your our last hope," Alexander said after turning to Eric.

"I know." Eric simply replied.

...

"Seems America has started off with a big lead," muttered South Korean leader, Seo-Yeon as he had his arms folded. 

"If they happen to win this match there already looking to make history," Japan's leader Donovan stated.

"After forty-nine years, it seems the World Leaders List will be changing," a tall dark skin man with no hair dressed in a peach suit intervened. He was the leader of the Philippines team, Luka Reyes.

"Anyways, don't you all agree on this tournament exciting," the leader of the Chinese team, Heinrich Schwartz said. He had pale skin with messy brown hair and wore a purple outfit with fur around his neck.  

The team leaders continued to converse before eventually informing their team participants about the order of their upcoming battles. 

Whilst Leon finally accompanied his team that was on the other side of the stage with Alexander's.

....

"Marvelous! On the outside, you look clumsy but behind that is a terrifying force," Vladimir exclaimed with a little excitement.

"That's my best friend for ya!" Elvis said after he got up and wrapped his arm around Leon's neck.

"Hey! Get off of me you!" Leon retaliated leaving the both of them in a hand ruffle.

I didn't notice it first.....but these guys are really on another level Arlo and Corrina thought when they simultaneously looked at each other.

First, it was Alfeios and now Leon, Mathis, and even Maèl....the whole lot of Jundeagers seem to be monstrous Mrs. Elfise thought while glancing at them each. 

*Back on stage*

"Now then, let's get the ball rolling. America has taken a lead of 2-0 and is just shy of victory. This next battle will decide the Russian team's final spot. So may the next contestants please step forward," the speaker let out. 

....

"I wonder who's the next contestant for the U.S" 

"I'm betting it'll be Arlo,"

"Oh, your that sure?"

"I'm positive."

Two people in the crowd exchanged their opinions with the latter being correct. Coming from America for possibly their last battle was the one and only Arlo.

"Ohh, there he is!" 

"Now we get to see Arlo in action," 

"I had a feeling but to think I was right," 

.....

The two continued after recognizing the contestant boarding the stage. The opponent Arlo was up against was Eric. 

A red-head guy who looked to be around 5-foot 11-inches boarded the other side of the stage with a deadly gaze at his opponent. 

He wore a grey robe with tiny red designs along with it. Both the adversaries soon entered the core of the platform. 

"Gentleman, are you ready," the speaker asked both opponents. They signaled with a nod.

"Then begin!" The speaker exclaimed. 

...

Eric immediately leaped back into his stance after heeding this. He then uttered, " I hope your not cocky thinking that you going to win this one."

Instead of responding Arlo drew out a magical sword seeing that he too was a magician. He'd have to be at his best going against Eric who was not only a magician but also the only Class-SS from Russia's formed team.

"Magician Ability: Phoenix Flames," Eric mumbled as both his arms became engulfed in bright red and yellow flames. Eric then swirled his hands toward Arlo releasing a spiral of flames.

Arlo ran towards the flames before leaping through them in a tornado rotation. Arlo lands perfectly then charged at Eric before slashing down. 

Eric clapped his hands and caught Arlo's blade before it could reach his forehead. Arlo launched a kick into Eric's stomach launching him away a few feet back.

"It's gonna take more than that to defeat me!" Eric gritted his teeth before snarling at Arlo.

"Then come." Arlo simply replied with a waved that motioned for Eric to come forward.

Eric soared at Arlo as he aimed his right fist to attack but Arlo easily dodges to the left. 

Eric, who was about to make contact with the platform unclenches his fist and uses both arms to acrobatically enter a front flip. 

Arlo, seeing this as an opportunity instantly swung his sword from behind but to his surprise, Eric crouched without looking back. 

Eric then hoisted one leg to kick backward but Arlo jumped back barely escaping Eric's reach. 

"Impressive," Arlo muttered to Eric with a slight smirk. 

"Ha. Who do you think you're dealing with?" Eric replied.

.....

"What an impressive battle so far. Both Eric and Arlo seem to evenly match." The speaker yelled in sentiment. 

"This was what I've been waiting for,"

"Goo Arlo!"

"Goo Eric," 

"Hey, shut up! Eric's going to win!"

"No, you shut up. I prefer Arlo," 

The audience was riled up with quarrels and appease as the battle entered its middle stage. All this while the organization leaders and their teams eagerly contemplated with a smile full of hunger.

*Back on stage*

"Ahh, even the audience can feel my victory," Eric spouted as he opened his arms in an appraisal manner.

"Your full of yourself," Arlo muttered as he drove his sword towards Eric's chest. 

Eric's managed to thwart the attack with his left arm and forthwith punched at Arlo with his right. 

But recanted both his attack and body when Arlo skillfully twisted his wrist which held the sword and brought it back to counterattack. His sword grazed Eric's neck who slightly dodged Arlo's strike. 

Seeing Arlo's balance was off Eric instantly launched his fist at-floor level as he said, 

"Magician Ability: Pheonix Carnage, " 

This caused a massive outburst of flames to blast Arlo out of his sight. 

"Haha, is that it? What a shame....to say the victor has been decided?" Eric's eyes sparkled as his flames engulfed Arlo who was in front of him. But something occurred that Eric never predicted. 

From beyond the burning flames that took up half the stage a whisper came, "Magician Ability: Sleepless Slaughter," 

The once excited Eric now wore a frightened expression. Arlo appeared behind Eric with his sword was just underneath his neck.

What just happened? When did he escape my attack? Thoughts surfaced in the nervous Eric. 

"If you wish to speak surrender now," Arlo mumbled in Eric's ear.

Dammit! I can't give up now! Yes, let's do that then Eric thought with a vicious smile. And right after another flame outburst from Eric but this time it was his whole body.

"Ahhh there we go." Eric let out as his whole body became covered with flames. 

Tch! This form Arlo thought to himself as he gazed at Eric.

"Now, let's get started," Eric said when he turned towards Arlo. 

"Alright then. Come at me," Arlo said as he raised his sword. 

*On the sidelines*

"So he's a descendant," Maèl said as he speculated the match. 

"But....he's not complete." Mathis continued to his brother.

"Yes, your right. From my observation somehow he has a Semi-Gene." Maèl replied. 

"Which means he's yet to fully waken his powers or that power was forcefully inputted into his body," Maèl continued.

"I guess that explains this form of his?" Vladimir intervened in a questioning manner. 

"Correct. You might have not known, but myself and these two Jundeagers here are also descendants and we can sense if an activated gene is complete or not." 

Maèl simply explained to Vladimir. 

"Can you tell what type of Gene he has?" Mrs. Elfise included with an interested countenance. 

"Hmm....easy...it's that of the Legendary Phoenix," Leon then intruded with an unfazed expression.

Both Mrs. Elfise and Vladimir's jaws dropped when they heard this. Even the silent Elvis and Corrina eyes were now wide open. 

The Phoenix wasn't a mythical creature to scoff at. Everyone knows the true capabilities of a Phoenix. Its Immortality and Eternal Flames were what made the Phoenix a legendary creature. Having such a Gene whether it was half, the benefits would remain tremendous.

"It'd truly be better if he was fully awakened," Vladimir stated after recollecting himself.

"Indeed," Maèl responded. 

*Back on stage*

Eric was pumped, now that he activated his descendent Semi-Gene of the legendary Phoenix. Though he wasn't complete his power now had a massive boost than that before. 

Eric charged vividly at Arlo before he started to distribute blows after blows. 

His movements and footwork could be distinguished from that of a boxer. The massive upgrade gave him speed and agility beyond his normal capabilities.

*BOOM* *BOOM* *DOOSH*

Eric delivers blows to Arlo's torso and face which sent him into mid-air. Eric then vanished behind the flying body of Arlo and delivered a kick to the back of his neck ultimately planting his face cowards into the platform. 

"URGHH"

Arlo when he made contact with the floor. Without letting up Eric aimed at Arlo's back to stomping him but Arlo rolled away and instantly got up back on his feet. 

While these two were battling head-on the entire arena was silent with multiple eyes glued to the matchup. 

"I'm gonna end this!" Eric's yell caused a power surge of flames to rotate around his body. He reaches out his right arm and created a disc of flame. 

He threw it at Arlo who managed to arch his back to evade the disc but as he came back up Eric was dead in front of him. Eric palmed Arlo by the face and shoved him headfirst into the platform. 

*DOOM*

Arlo gasped for air when the back of his head hit hard against the rock-solid canvas. Eric removed his hand from Arlo's face and stood over his struggling body. 

"Hehe, victory is mine indeed," Eric turned around and happily walk as if he's won the jackpot. However, he halted his movements when he felt an aching pain surfacing from within his body. 

"ARGHH," a blood-curdling scream was release by Eric as he gripped his chest.

"HAHHAAHAAHA! The requirements have been met," Arlo first shouted in laughter before making a statement. 

"W-what have you done to me?" Eric tried to face Arlo once again but with and an expression of anguish. 

"You insignificant idiot. Since the moment my sword grazed your throat my plan took its course," Arlo said.

"What nonsense are you spouting?" Eric wanted to tell but only a slight speech came out. 

"Your abilities are being negated. Hehe...you see that was my only option to win against a Semi-Gene. In another case, if you had a fully awakened Gene it would've been useless but my poisonous magic was strong enough to overcome your Gene." Arlo explained with a smirk.

"Y-y-you BASTARD!" Eric yelled before his eyes slowly close with the last thing being seen was that of Arlo's devilish smile. 

Damn! A Gene negating ability Eric thought as he fell to the canvas. 

0