Donnatello Requires the Uncomditional Surrender of Your Pants
21 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Niko continued his call with Otto.

 

“No, I don’t want him exorcised...Low level, I guess. Some status, but not much. Not enough to be a threat...Shadow manipulation. Maybe darkness manipulation….He has a crush on me, likes marshmallows and chocolate, and doesn’t want to go back to hell...Low status, remember? I bet his boss is a nightmare...You know I have no idea...There’ll be grocery stores underwater...You know I have no idea...Oh yeah, Tsarina’s good-”

 

Miko saw Mallomor eavesdropping in the hallway behind him. He hung up the phone.

 

“Why the heaven are you standing there?”

 

Mallomor’s red, reptilian eyes narrowed.

 

“‘What the heaven’? What did I miss for all these years? I should’ve stayed on earth after the Ottoman Empire fell.”

 

Niko grounded. “That’s the best time you were on Earth? 

And if I was an Arab, you’d be bleeding on the floor!”

 

“You can try, if you like.”

 

Niko chuckled. “I’m too smart to fall for that. And again, I’m Scottish-Venezuelan.”

 

They both went silent. Niko took out a phone and sat on the couch. 

 

Mallomor materialized next to him. 

“What do you have against the Ottoman Empire, then?”

 

Niko smiled slightly. “Let’s just say I’m a fan of T.E. Lawrence.”

 

Mallomor saw a copy of Seven Pillars of Wisdom on a nearby bookshelf. He was shaken, how could he be attracted to someone like that?

 

Mallomor leaned back to the couch.

 

Niko made eye contact with Mallomor. “What connection did you have to it?”

 

“I did pull a couple of strings behind the scenes to keep it running. It was part of some stupid cold war with the Djinn.”

 

“Are there any cold wars that aren’t?”

 

Mallomor chuckled. “You seem more comfortable with me.” Mallomor put his hand over Niko’s. Niko felt a bit uncomfortable, but tried to hide it.

 

Mallomor 2nd mouth’s tongue licked Niko’s side, revealing his true intention. Mallomor’s ears flattened against his head, showing his embarrassment. He shoved the tongue back in the mouth on his stomach.

 

“Sorry about that, Niko! I promise you that it won’t happen again!”

 

Niko was suspicious, but said nothing.

 

Mallomor continued. “You do seem more comfortable with me around. Not a lot, but some. How so?”

 

“I did a tarot reading earlier in the day. It basically said that you lust after me, but aren’t too much of a danger. To me, at least.”

 

Mallomor’s tail swished once. “You do that? I never would’ve guessed!”

 

“It helps me out sometimes.”

 

Mallomor went back to trying to seduce Niko. “Did your cards say that you’ll meet a handsome stranger in the near future?”

 

Niko glared at Mallomor. 

I guess he isn’t into me...I’d better find someone else to fuck.

 

Tsarina crawled into Niko’s lap, tv remote in her mouth. Stroking her back, Niko said, “If you haven’t been here since the Great War, you haven’t seen Die Hard, have you?”

 

Mallomor felt nervous and embarrassed, his long ears twitching and tail swishing. “Uhm...I’ve heard of it…I’m tired, I don’t really want to watch a moving picture this late.” 

 

Mallomor walked towards Niko’s bedroom to rest, but Niko grabbed his arm.

 

“No. I don’t want you sleeping with me. I have a cot you can use instead.”

 

Mallomor was disappointed, but he obeyed Niko’s wishes.

 

In the middle of the night, just as Mallomor got up for a midnight snack, he heard the distinct sound of accordions. 

 

As he headed to the deck of the boathouse, he heard singing in a foreign language, the gentle strumming of guitars, laughter, lively conversation, and wine glasses clinking.

One of those singing voices sounded like NIko.

 

He arrived onto the deck, but only saw Niko practicing accordion. 

 

“Beautiful night, isn’t Mallo?”

 

Mallomor’s ears drooped.

“I-I heard a dinner party here, distinctly! Niko, would you care to explain what’s going on?”

 

Niko laughed, and turned to face Mallomor. “You did? You must’ve been hallucinating. There’s nothing here but me, my accordion, Bella, the starry sky, and the calm ocean.”

 

Mallomor huffed. “Fine, then keep your secrets! I will find out, so enjoy it.”

 

When Mallomor was gone, Niko put aside Bella and leaned toward the sea.

 

“He’s gone now. We can continue.”

1