Chapter 2: As expect of a mob
176 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2

Waking up he told his brother that he will go find a small job, his brother still worried about him but reluctantly lets him go.

He will try to go kill monster to see how much points he can obtained. Getting near to the gates that is about 3 meters wide and 3 meters tall, two guards are occasionally checking people that come in go.

Cale should have also been asked the reason of why has going out but since has only a 9 to 10 years old they let him go as kids occasionally go out to play. Before he got out however he got warned by the guards to not stray to far.

After getting out of the town, he looks for a secluded area where monsters reside. Walking about 10 to 15 minutes, he summons his two monsters, the goblin and the snake. Having them around him reassure him.

Slowly he tries to explore his surroundings, after a couple minutes he noticed a deer looking for food, suddenly the deer seems to notice something but it was too late, although the snake was big, it was specialized in sneaking up its prey so it attacks and coiled around the deer and eventually the deer died.

He waited for a notification to come to him.

".... nothing? No points obtained and monster acquired?"

The system suddenly said.

"Only monsters can you obtain points and acquire. Animals are not included."

"Well that’s a bummer I thought I could have a supply of deer meat and sell them to the market."

"The monster in the system are magic creatures and are bound by the system and therefore they can’t be eaten, they will disappear once dead or recalled back but they can eat"

"They can eat but I can't eat them? That’s one business idea down well it will feel weird eating my summon"

He though last night that maybe he can use the system as something as a supply for meat for business by selling deer or boar corpse and with the addition of the points he can summon another boar for him to sell.

"What do I do with the corpse?"

It’s been a long time since they’ve eaten meat. So, he can try and bring it back, but it’ll look suspicious if he brings back a deer corpse with signs of it being attack by a snake cause of the appearance of the deer looking like its whole body was strangled.

"Sighs~ too bad I don’t have a spatial bag"

Spatial bags exist in this world, but the price are a lot with a few gold coins as the cheapest.

As he was lamenting about the deer, sounds of rustle appeared in bushes he turns his head to the side and saw 3 goblins appeared!

"As expected of a mob they appear everywhere."

With the snake by his side he wasn’t afraid of goblins. The goblins only noticing the snake by the human’s side started to panic and tries to escape but alas, a barely 1.4m tall goblins can’t escape a 14-meter-long snake. with only a distance of 15meters or so.

After having killed the 3 goblins notifications appeared in front of him.

"Obtained 1 point!"
"Obtained 1 point!"
"Obtained 1 point!"

"OH, so killing a goblin is 1 point the same as summoning them well that’s convenient."

His total points in the beginning was 8 points, summoning now the goblin and the snake consumed 6 points leaving him with 2 points but with the addition of 3 points he has a total of 5 points now.

"Cut off their ear"

Instructing his goblin summon he points at the 3 dead goblin. Although the goblins strength is small but is has advantage over the snake that it has human like hands so it’s pretty use for doing menial stuff.

He gives a knife to the goblin and went to do as he instructed. Afterwards his summon went up to him and gave him the ears. By having ears of a gobbling, they can show them to the city hall and earn a few copper coins.

In this world they used copper, silver and gold as currency and the ratio is 1:100 meaning a hundred copper is equal to 1 silver and a hundred silver is equal to 1 gold coin.

Of course he wasn't really gonna exchange them as people will feel suspicious that he can kill goblins. Although goblins are weak, they are still monster and wont hesitate to kill humans.

"That’s nice~ I don’t have to do any work and all I have to do is instruct my summon"

He doesn’t remember completely about his past life but he's pretty sure that he died due to stress so he doesn’t to do the same here.

"Maybe in the future my monsters will just do all the work while all I do is sit in a relaxing house~"

Thinking of the future where his summons kills monsters and bringing them to him without doing anything puts a smile to his face. Of course, right now that seems impossible as his summon can’t get out of his summon area.

"Well that’s enough daydreaming."

After putting the ears in his small backpack and hiding the deer’s body so that he can come back to it later, he proceeds his exploration.

6