Chapter 3: For the horde!
171 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3

After about an hour of exploration, Cale only managed to kill another 4 goblins obtaining 4 points.

Suddenly he heard the sound of fighting. Cautious Cale hid near a tree while his monsters also hid. It’s a problem if a person saw a monster and a human not fighting each other though they might think that its a summoned monster the problem is that the summoner is only 9 years old.

Slowly approaching where the sound of the battle comes from. He arrived at a small hill next to a small river, there he saw a woman about 15 years old fighting with an Orc!

<Its an Orc! Holy cow I thank the Gods I can see a real life Orc!>

Cale who almost shouted "For the horde!" stops himself and remembered that he was on the human side. The Orc look a lot like the Orc in games, green in color, more than 2 meters tall, muscular as hell, pig like nose, and fangs protruding from its lower jaw.

The Orc is holding what seems like a club fighting the girl. The girl has short hair, leather armor, a sword and a fairly tan skin.

As he observes the fight he also notices the dead giant boar by the side, it was at least 2 meters long and 1.5 meters tall lying on the ground nearby clearly dead. 

<The must be what the girl manage to hunt>

The fight continues to escalate, moments later the girl was thrown away by the strike of the Orc’s club and hits a tree. The girl coughs a mouthful of blood as the orc comes closer.

<This is bad!>

Still hiding in the bushes, he suddenly dashes forward hastily while ordering his snake to attack. His summon will only be available in his summon area so to participate in the fight he has to get closer.

The Orc heard a rustle and turns around only to see a giant snake attacking him. He swings his club almost hitting the snake. Successfully the dodging the strike the snake counterattacks using his tail. The Orc was hit, however orcs are known for their strength as he only took a few step back and grabs the tail and smash the snake to a nearby boulder.

Cale who is now holding the injured girl immediately tried to escape. Few seconds later because of the distance of him to his summon, the snake disappears.

However Cale wasn’t the only one attracted to the sounds of fighting earlier, as he turns to run away, in front of him appeared another Orc!

“F*ck!” mumbled Cale.

The Orc from before has catch up which left Cale no choice but to fight. Immediately he opened the system and replace the goblin with the snake icon, 5 points have been deducted leaving him with 4 points and summoned two snakes. A glow appeared from his sides and two snakes appeared.

With the 7 goblins he killed earlier and with the remaining 2 points he has a total of 9 points. Since the snake earlier didn’t die he didn’t have to summon a new one.

The appearance of the two snakes made the orcs halt their steps. Although the snake and the orc almost have the same strength the orc is slightly superior.

Cale knew that if he were to fight the two orc with each snake he would lose so he charge at his front with his summoned monsters together they attacked the orc in the front.

The Orc facing the snake was slightly startled but swung his club in an angle that hits both the snake, one of the snake was hit but one of them manage to surround the orc with its body and successfully coiled the orc. The Orc struggled but it was useless. While the orc was struggling, the other orc was approaching them fast.

Cale brought the girl down the ground and hastily walks up to the struggling orc and with all his might he stabbed the orc using the sword of the girl with all his might on the throat of the orc!

“Huahh!!”

The orc struggled but couldn’t break free from the snake and eventually the sword pierces through the orcs throat. The orc then stopped struggling. Cale heard a notification sound but ignores it for now.

Heat suddenly appeared inside Cale’s body, and spreads to his entire body feeling like he is on a hot spring.

“This is!!”
Not having enough time to think the other orc that was facing the other snake is obtaining victory but Cale immediately ordered the other to join in the fight. With two snake ganging up on a single orc, the tables have slowly turned.

Moments later the orc was also defeated and Cale pierced its throat with the sword. Heat again cursed through his body along with a notification sound.

“Hah hah”

Although he didn’t join from the fight much. The tension from the battle still pressured him.

<The heat that I felt when I killed the orcs should be what they called gaining experience or leveling up.>

From the information he gathered from his memory this world should be like a game. You can level up by killing monsters, once you kill a monster you will feel heat inside your body signifying that you've gained experience or leveled up.

"But I've killed those goblins earlier why didn’t I feel the experience?”

Then the system answered his doubts.

“That is because it was your summoned monster that killed them and not you. Killing 100 monsters with only your summon will only be equivalent to gaining experience from killing 1 monster”

“So that means my summons needs to kill 100 goblins for me to be able to gain experience of 1 goblin?”

“Correct.”

“That's a cheap ass ratio system but well its not like I want to get stronger "

After all he has his summon system so why would he need to put effort on strengthening himself?

"Oh by the way, can I see my status?"

Just now remembering to see his status he asked the system.

"The system is a monster summoner system. What do you think?"

Ignoring the sarcastic and logical remark of the system he shook his head.

4