Chapter 4: Mentality
255 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4

“Ugh cough cough”

Cale was about to check the notifications he heard earlier, when suddenly heard the sound of coughing.

“Oh shit I forgot about her”

Cale instantly recalled back his summons and walks up to her, he checks her and although she's awake because of the injury to the stomach she cant get up properly.

Quickly holding the girl in a piggyback style he dashes right back to the town.

“Wha, what's happening?”

Still half conscious the girl mumbled.

Along the way carrying a girl taller than himself exhausted his strength. The girl continues to bleed so he must not stop. Luckily the girl was unconscious again so he summoned his two snakes, created a stretcher made out of branches of trees and tied them to the body of the snake. He put himself and the girl in the stretcher and ordered the snakes to procced forward.

It wasn’t a comfortable ride so he had to slow down but it was still faster than walking. After getting closer to the town Cale recalled back his monsters, holding the girl he proceeds to enter the town. The guard noticed them immediately and tries to help the girl. They carried her to a nearby clinic. A clinic is usually close to the gate as emergency may happen so a clinic is needed nearby.

Afterwards he got questioned by the guards and of course he wouldn’t tell the truth and just said that he encountered the girl fighting with an orc and eventually losing, he went up to help which was question by the guards and said as stupid to get near an orc but he told them that a giant snake suddenly appeared and attacked the orc giving him time to escape with the girl.

Hearing what happened, the guards believe him and lets him go.

“Phew~ finally back to the town.”

Tired of what happened he just wanna go back home and rest. But before that he wants to go to the city hall. He wants to exchange the ears of goblins he has for a couple of coppers, At first he didn’t want to exchange them because a kid having killed 7 goblins is unbelievable so the only way people think he got them is that it was given it to him as goblin doesn’t cost much.

He plans to use the girl as an excuse for having them. The girl didn't saw his face as for the guards he can just avoid them and go the another gate. While he was heading towards the city hall Cale tries to changes his appearance as best as he can.

Few minutes of walking he arrive at a two story building and approaches the exchange desk. Usually it is the adventure’s guild that does this but a branch can only be opened to a place with a minimum population of 10 000 and a lot of monster.

Walking up he sees a girl in her mid twenties sorting stuff, because of his height only his head appears from the view of the girl.

“What are you doing here little kid?”

The woman said as she saw him walks up here, instead of answering, Cale opened his small backpack and brought out the ears of the goblins.

The woman's eyes widened as she saw what he took out.

“Where did you get this little kid?”

“I got it from a nice sister from earlier”

Cale looks up to him with adorable eyes filled with expectation. He wanted to look like he was naïve and happy for the ears and expect something.

Looking at the expression of the kid the woman believed what he said and took the ears.

“Each pair of ears cost 3 coppers, you have total 7 pair of ears so that’s 21 copper in total”

Hearing what the lady said his fake smile turn genuine, as 5 copper is enough to buy a large bread that can last him for a day, 21 copper will give him 4 days! He remembers that doing miscellaneous job only got him 5 copper with 10 the highest,

<To think I got four times of what I usually get in only half a day.>

Though he lost 1 point for the removal of the goblin from his reserved he got a lot of benefits in return.

Quickly taking the coppers and putting it in his backpack he walks out the building and immediately dashes to get home.

“..hmm smart kid.” The woman said as he the kid getting further.

Although 21 copper is only a small amount there's still people greedy for it.

After running for a few seconds he paused and went to buy food for today. He was gone nearly 3 hours and its nearly 11. After buying some food he turns to prepare to go home unfortunately some people are still greedy just for small change.

“Hey Cale kiddo what you got there? Mind sharing?”

As expected they came. Two people about 20 plus age rough clothes. Cale knows them, they are the one's that bullies and sometimes takes Cale's hard earned money and sometimes they get to my brother as well.

Prepared, Cale walked in an alley where there's not a lot of people and a lot of places to escape, of course he chose this place not to escape but….

“Sorry I got barely to keep myself feed”

“Oh~ its fine well just take what you have hehe”

The thug at the front smirked.

<Idiots>

Cale snickers. He chose this place so that it won't be weird if a monster suddenly appeared.

“Hehe”

“hehe”

As the thugs get close to Cale, Cale's expression suddenly turned stiff as he look at a certain direction. The thugs seeing Cale's expression smiled even further thinking that the kid was scared of them slowly Cale puts up his hand and points at the back of the thugs

“mo- mo-“

Seemingly stuttering, the thugs confused and looks back to the direction where the finger points, once they looked back they too turned stiff. Facing them a giant snake towering over them looks at them like how a predator looks at its prey. Time seem to stand still and then the snake attack before even they could utter a scream, one was bitten by snake in the head and the other was thrown by the tail whip of the snake hitting his head at the wall and instantly dying.

Looking at the dead bodies, a bit of disgust came to him but quickly held it on. Although he killed them he wasn't that much guilty. He's not gonna say that they deserved it cause that be too hypocritical. He killed them because he wanted to prove something to himself.

"I can't spend my time thinking of everything anymore, not in this life"

He said as his voice gradually faded at the end while looking at them. He ordered his summon to ate them, the system said that his summon can eat and it will be part of the summon so after eating the bodies he recalled it back. 

Walking out the alley a strong resolution now appeared in his heart.

 

6