Chapter 5 Wrath of Monsters
248 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5

Finally back at home, he sees hes brother preparing for lunch.

"Oh lil bro you're here come lets eat"

The food in the table aren't much just a bread a soup. He took the bread that he bought in the store earlier and put it on the table. His brother was surprised.

"Woah what job did you get to get paid well? How about recommending me as well?" His brother said as he looks at him happily.

"Nah it was just pure luck, I rescued a injured female adventurer and she just happens to give me some goblin ears which I exchange for coins"

"Seriously?! Where and why did you go out in the woods?! you know its dangerous because it hasn't been long since the Wrath of monsters passed!"

The wrath of monsters is the time where large amount of monsters attack the borders of the 4 great empires and because of the sheer amount of monsters it is inevitable that some of them escaped and got it inside the continent. Monsters from the continent also becomes aggressive. Usually a large population of monsters live in deep forest and although it is common that monster attack humans the instant it sees them according to his father who was an adventurer, only a small portion of the monster encounters humanity1 unless you go seek them. Still this "small portion" probably still amount to millions. Once the time for monsters came these monsters that are usually hidden in deep jungle, caves etc comes out and attacks settlements. Of course there can be other reasons as well.

Expecting his brother to have such a reaction, he reassures his brother that he faced no danger while going out of the woods.

"You really got lucky. Anyway next time try to avoid looking for a job that requires to go out of the town" His brother said.

Awkward, Cale scratch his head, he actually plans to head out every day and obtained points and sell the corpse of monster to earn some good income. So..

"Sure I won't. Here's the rest bro"

Cale hands in whats left, because he bought two large rough bread the the 21 copper was left with only 11 copper still it’s a huge amount.

“Its fine you keep it and buy whatever what you like”

“Oh alright”

Putting back the coins to his pocket Cale asks

“Hows the academy bro?”

“Pretty well, it will only be a few months till I graduate then I can work in the city hall! or at least close to that. Once I managed to find a decent job you can go to a primary school”

His brother is pretty smart so even though he was late in enrolling because of the escape he still managed to catch up. This world has primary, secondary, and tertiary education. Primary and Secondary have 3 years each and the ideal time to go to primary education is 9 years old. Tertiary if he remembers right is a bit like on earth. This is where you choose what to become, whether a knight, an alchemist, a mage, and even a blacksmith. You can learn a lot of things but of course the tuition cost a lot.
_____________________________________________

In a large building in the middle of the town, there was a middle age man with well chiseled face and a light beard with gray hair here in there on his hair. He was by the window staring at the town listening to his subordinates report.

“In short, the number of monsters in our surroundings have increased. That adventurer that was injured and brought in this morning have reported that she had seen nest of orcs close by to the town. Adding to the sighting of wolves nest and goblin nest we are now surrounded from the north, south and east with west the only safe path if ever we plan to escape”

“….”

The middle aged man didn’t say anything for a moment…

“My lord it was indeed a bad idea accepting those refugees 4 months ago, although our population have risen they attracted -"

“Enough.”

“Forgive me my lord”

“Put up a request notice in the adventures guild from the nearby city immediately”

The man felt awkward “But my lord they too are experiencing this”

“Just put up a notice”

“Yes my lord”

“You can go”

“Yes my lord”

The man left leaving the middle aged man all alone.

“Sighs"

The man knew that if there nest then that means there's at least lord class type in them. 

 

Soon he too walk out of the office and went to have lunch with his daughter.

Sitting on the chair he saw his daughter comes in, sits, and looks at his him and said.

"Father, what are you worrying about?"

The girl who has long brown hair, simple white dress and pale like skin looking like a fairy ask his father.

"Nothing dear, just thinking of sending you to study at the capital"

"I will work hard father"

His father smiled and looks at her dearly.

"Be careful of strangers, especially those with status"

Although he is a lord of a town, his status is only comparable to that of baron.

"Don't worry father, I'll study hard and then be back to help you develop the town!" Said she with determination and expectation.

Hearing that the father flashes a strange smile.

"Yes yes I know you can dear, that's why i'm sending you early to the capital"

"Eh but there is still 2 months left of until my graduation?"

"Its better to be early, anyway your grades are already high enough to graduate. I'll send you some servants and money to help you settle in"

"Yes father" After that they ate lunch quietly. 

 

 

 

 

 

Btw took me longer than I expected to come back. Still have a lot to do though. So hope for your understanding.

 

1- Dont know what I should use here. There are other races in this world like beastmen, elves, dwarves etc. I'm still searching what to use but can you guys give me suggestion what to call them as a whole?  It be weird if I use "But humanity won and beaten the monsters" When there is others races as well. Maybe just United races? 

4