Chapter 6: Green leaf wolves
167 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6

After eating lunch, his brother rested for a bit and gone back to the academy. Now being alone Cale finally have the time to check his notification that he got when he killed the orcs earlier. He opens up his system.

"Obtained Orc summon, time to assimilate 10 hours, 8:37 hours left"

"Points obtain 5"

"Points obtain 5"

Checking his gains he was delighted. He can have an orc summon now! Though he was surprised about the time to use one still he was satisfied. With the addition of 10 points he has a total of 14 points!. Sadly only two monster can be summoned.

"The amount of monsters that can be summoned can increase once the system upgrades"

"Oh! so it is possible? When will you upgrade?"

"When you met the criteria"

"Whats the criteria?"

"You don't have the authority to know. "

That just nice how am i supposed to do something i don't know?"

Hearing no answer he sighs. Shaking his heads he starts to plan how to earn money.

"Obviously killing monsters is the easiest one and I can only do for now, but cause of my age if I go bring some d class corpse people are definitely going to be suspicious"

A little child killing a d class monster is unbelievable. Therefore he needs to find a way that attract little to no attention at all. After all, gathering attention is the same as gathering trouble.

<Maybe I should just tell my brother? After I tell him we can pretend to hunt while my summons do all the work, sell them what my monsters hunted and tell the people that it was my brother who hunted it.> Thought Cale.

<Wait a minute! I just need someone who can exchange for money for me> Thought Cale as he looks at his system a smile form on his face.

"Well that's that."

After deciding what to do. Cale plans to go outside again to gather some points. and maybe harvest meat. Thinking of the deer and the boar he left behind and the food he ate his heart felt a bit of ache. Resting for a couple minutes he heads to the southern gate. He went to the north gate earlier now he wants to go to another direction. After a couple minutes he went out of the town to head to the forest, Before he'd gone out the guards in the gate have warned him that there are a lot of monster sighting recent. He reassures them that he wont go to far.

Walking of about 20 minutes feeling like hes alone he summons his two snakes. With them by his side Cale feels like he has nothing to fear. As far as he remembers only d class monster are in the surrounding area of the town so he has nothing to fear.

Just as he summon the snakes a wolf suddenly appeared by his side. "Shit what bad luck this is just the first day!" If a wolf appeared expect a pack will follow. As if answering Cale's doubt 4 more wolves appeared. They are bit bigger than the wolves in earth, they are green in color which tells that they are leaf wolves.

Cale has heard about leaf wolves, compared to other they aren't as ferocious and strong but they are fast and agile. Facing them. Cale holds up his knife and ordered snake 1 to attack.

Immediately the snake pounced on the wolves due to the agility of the wolves none of them got hit, but snake 2 suddenly attack the wolf on the right seemingly expecting it bits and coiled on the wolf fast, the wolf struggled but at then it was just peak E class, even an orc can't escape it, Quickly killing the wolf the other wolves attack the snake 2 because there were four wolves two of them managed the scratch and bit the scale of snake 2. snake 2 hissed in pain. Snake 1 attack from behind the wolves again the wolves escape but this time they were more cautious.

Facing a stand still, the wolves paused and suddenly didn't know what to do. Even though they are just peak E class, 4-5 of them can kill orcs easily. But now that one of them died they started hesitating and eventualy the wolf at the front howled, turn back and run away followed by other wolves.

"Phew~ I though they were gonna do life and death battle"

Even though he was at an advantage, Cale knew that with their numbers and agility one of them can sneak attack him and he wont be able to defend. Cale is just an ordinary kid, if one of them attacks him he won't be able to defend himself.

Ignoring the notification sounds for now he starts to speed up his pace and started to look for prey to kill. After about an hour Cale managed to kill 4 goblins 1 boar and 1 deer. Now has 21 points in total. Though he didn't managed to kill a lot of goblins he was still satisfied for the boar and deer. With four goblins he can get 12 coppers add what he earned in the morning he earned a total of 33 coppers! Thinking of how much he usually which was around 4-10 copper he was satisfied. Cale plans to go back early as he got a bad feeling staying here.

Bringing his knife he cut some meat from the deer putting it in his backpack. Cale then tied the boar to snake 1 and headed back. He wasn't going to bring the deer as deer's are cautious and fast it will be unbelievable if he brought it. The boar however is pretty stupid in nature and can easily be caught with traps. Though the boar was small about 70cm in length compared to what he saw earlier he was still satisfied. Walking back, as if not to disappoint him trouble did come looking for him. 7 wolves appeared in front of him.

"Oh fack me"

3