Nameless Ship’s Captain and Lunamaia’s Diaries
106 6 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

『』の船のキャプテンとLUNAMAIAの宝

 

When I got to the main deck, the sun had set and darkness had almost enveloped the surroundings. Strangely enough the ship instantly illuminated the way to the helm deck and the captain's cabin. If the ship considers me its captain it should be my room.

 

Thankfully the Captain’s Room was empty.

 

The wooden desk at the center of the room was decorated with some sort of canvas that could only be considered as a chart; however the chart was all black, except for a small lighted area, if I had to surmise it would be where the ship is currently docked.

 

"Let as see if it reacts..."

 

Using my index finger, I double clicked at the lighted area... and as I have guessed the chart enlarged itself and showed the cliff that the 『』 ship was currently docked. The blackened area probably indicates areas that still need to be explored. Since I have walked a distance from where I have been initially, I had cleared a few explorations in the chart.

 

I zoomed out and click on a random blackened area on the chart.

 

《Would you like to select this place as a destination for auto-pilot?》

『YES』  『NO』

 

‘Convenient.’ I thought. It would seem that I can use this map to also navigate to a destination I want to proceed, and I plan to do it here almost all of the time until I can learn how to work the helm like a real captain can.

 

Since I am still inspecting the ship, I clicked 'NO' and move to a corner of the room with bookshelves lined at the sides. Of course bookshelves stores books in them and was instantly intrigue by them. As captain I need to read its contents, there might be some information about this place. Well here is to hoping.

 

As always as a right handed person I began the inspection of the books on the left side shelves while making my way to the right, the books are thick and hard bounded copies. Mysteriously, although the ink should have been old, I can still smell the smear of it on most of the books. I am guessing that the ship has somehow preserved it all this years.

 

"Ohhh!!!" I involuntarily shouted. As I have surmised this ship is indeed a gold mine.

 

Scanning through the first book I had picked up from the shelf, it would seem that the previous owner of the he ship collected a lot of magic books, and some of them are even hand written and all topics where about magic.

 

The contents looks advanced from the way it was written: (MAGIC TRANSMUTATION), (MAGIC ENGINEERING) amongst others. These seem a bit complicated for an average mind like mine but as a teacher in my previous world learning a thing or two from books is a given, in due time I should be able to decode and understand them.

 

I am certain that the author was definitely from another world, as some of the books used characters in the previous world I am familiar with.

 

Although I am not from that country or teaching that country’s language, I did study the language as a hobby (as an otaku I have watched and read anime, manga, games and light novels you see) so I should be able to understand some of it.

 

The terminologies written in Kanji are going to be hard to decode but as usual with time, it should be possible to read them. Also, some of the books that had characters that are unfamiliar are going to be hard though, and made another mental note to learn the language of this world soon too.

 

“It would seem that the previous captain was a person from the country to the north of my own. I guess I am not the only one who got transmigrated to this world...”

 

With the help of these books, I should start practicing basic magic. Although most of the books were advanced magic, I should be able to see some basic magic books on it. There are also books about alchemy, considered a mythical magical synthesis in my previous world, mixed on the other shelves.

 

I have scanned through the last shelf to the left. So it was time to read the books at the right. The right shelf also had many books about magic, however I couldn't help but notice some, they were bound by leather and had an ink that smelled like flower. When I opened one of the books, it had "Lunamaia's Journal" written in both English (LUNAMAIA) and Japanese (の日記).

 

"…So Lunamaia was the name of the previous Captain." The journal seems to be well written, just like the hand writing in the magic and alchemy books. Scanning right through it, these were some of the most important words that caught me:

 

"When my family died due to the spy hunt.... decided to go for a journey."

 

"Looks like my family had secretly stashed a ship they could not understand and it led to the suspicion that they were spies from another country or were harboring spies."

 

It would seem that the previous owner was from a well off family, but something happened that lead to the spy hunt and they were victims... or perhaps it could be without the previous captain knowing about it... anyway her parents were killed. Since she had better luck than her parents and was able to escape the fate they received she instead used the ship to travel around, practiced magic and even wrote about it.

 

With a lot of sessha and degozaru in the text I should surmise that the previous captain was indeed from the land of anime and might have come from a time of the old or perhaps simply a quirk of the previous captain.

 

“Ha?”

 

"It's empty." I scanned the entire journal from the same shelf, but they were all empty. Judging from the sheer numbers, she must have kept track of her journey. There must be a mechanism to read it, but as of the moment it should be beyond me or so I thought when an inspiration hits my head.

 

"Well, it's probably a mechanism to prevent people from reading it ." If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth. But in this case the correct answer is most likely the improbable -MAGIC.

 

It looks like magic as my link from the previous captain -Lunamaia's Journals, I decided to at least try some magic before calling it a day or should I say night for when I got out, the crispy wind from the cold night welcomed me.

 

"brrr..." I involuntarily hugged myself. 

 

“Ok... time for some fire magic.”  I brushed the cold breeze and read through a simple fire spell from the book.

 

"Rarurilulika muka ni? ...Sa dura kisuta mo?"

 

Damn looks like that did not go to well, I mean aside from the fact that I sounded stupid after speaking plain gibberish, nothing came out from my hands, no warmth engulfed me or flames that should have burned me.

 

"I must have said it wrong."

 

Ok let me try again...

 

"Raru *** ika **** **** ni *** *** kisuta mo." A tiny spark was emitted from my fingers.

 

"Ohhhhhh!" I see, the correct incantation, confidence, proper image and Mana must be present for it to work.

 

As I scanned back with the notes Lunamaia-sensei left behind, it confirmed it. According to them, Magic is the manifestation of a person's will and imagery, so chanting them with confidence matters in the process while directing a flow of Mana and should do the trick.

 

...ok

 

"???? ???? ??? ???? ???? ??? ???? ?????"

 

*spark *spark

 

I could see some spark, I must have said the words correctly and I should have said it with utmost confidence or at least for it to have the effect...

 

When the sparks finally subsided...

 

"Grrrrrraaarrrrhhhhhhh!"

 

An intense pain struck my whole body. No I could almost feel it within me like fire, ice and other things that I could think of trying hard to rip my body to shreds from the inside.

 

Then darkness...

 

"hmmm..."

 

"I felt like I was in a long dream..."

 

That was a weird dream, I mean, dreaming that I was summoned to another world and was gifted with a ship... a ship...

 

Yup, it was no dream, although it pains me to be familiar with it, I was now looking at the captain's –no, the ceiling of the captain's cabin.

 

"Wai...?" How did I get to the bed? I was practicing magic at the main deck so it should be a given to have been lying in there. Instead, I was completely tucked in bed. There should have been no one to transport me to the bed since I am the only one here, and yet here I am.

 

I check my surroundings and true to my expectations there were no one else.

 

"Is there anybody there?" I tried to call for anybody that might have gone outside but none answered.

 

As I have surmised no one should have been able to carry me to the bed, yet I am lying on it comfortably.

 

The most logical thing to do right now is to check the ship's memory log which is thankfully can be accessed within the Captain’s Room.

 

I touched the wall close to the bed and focused on that AR screen and...

 

.『』Memory Log {

  • Due to the captain’s Mana exertion exceeded intended Mana Dispersion, the captain’s Mana Intoxication Syndrome was Activated
  • Life threat exceeded limitations Passive Skill 《Emergency RR》 activated, forcibly transported to Captain’s Room.?

}

 

And that was the end of the log, and at the end was the answer to my question on who transported me here. To verify it I clicked on the question mark at the end of the line for its details.

 

.《Emergency RR》{

  • One of 『』's unique passive skills.
  • It scans bodily condition of the captain. If the threat exceeds the allowed parameters it will automatically transport the captain to his/her cabin.
  • Cooldown Time: 11 Months 3 Hours 50 Minutes...

《would you like to decrease the cooldown time?》

『YES』 『NO』

}

 

"Phewwww..." Despite the ridiculously long cooldown time, I was saved because of it. It would seem that this ship is secretly looking out for me.

 

Also since the answer was given I finally remembered why I was even brought to this room from the mishap last night that almost got me killed. Checking on the descriptions, it would seem that this condition known as Mana Intoxication Syndrome is a sudden fluctuations of Mana and will become toxic to my body, and somehow deemed fatal.

 

That would mean that the fluctuation of casting a simple fireball spell exceeded the intake and output from my body and I took the toll, this is a going to be hard, I mean from the looks of it, I am unable to use magic due to this so called Mana Intoxication Syndrome.

 

"Damn..."

 

While cursing to myself, I i saw my hand still clenching the book i used to practice magic. It would seem that the book was considered part of me as it was transported together with me. It was titled: [Basics of Magic].

 

Just thinking about what happened last night and what I learned just now, I so wanted to throw the book. But there is no need to harm a book which could have not known about my condition and simply dropped it in front of me. As the leaves of the book fluttered from the fall it opened to a certain page.

 

"...While casting magic uses mana from your 'Mana Reservoir', Alchemy may be able to use Mana from other sources..." My eyes involuntary followed the lines from the page.

 

"It can be from your own, but it is not a necessarily do so unlike magic."

 

"…Like for example using Mana Crystals to compensate your lack of Mana Aptitude to finish an alchemic process."

 

"Ohhhh"

 

It would seem that unlike casting magic, alchemy can be done without using my own mana. I instantly added an alchemy atelier to my mental note after creating my forge.

3