Hunting and Grim-chan Level-Up!
79 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

狩りとグリモワールちゃんLEVEL UP!

 

While continuing my foraging far from Grim-chan I was able to secure more materials for food and other necessities. Thankfully, I also found out that I can designate where the items will be stored after they are teleported. For the time being I have designated the room at the bottom most deck, the one across the Detachment Room as storage for anything edible. There is however no way for me to take them out once they have been teleported to the ship, it was just a one way flow.

 

I can always allocate some food in the detachment room and take them out like a normal inventory. However currently I have allocated the 15 slots for various Wooden Trial Series weapons on the detachment room. But if I can increase the slots someday I will surely allocate some slots for food and be able to take them out at a time.

 

This is also another discovery while I was training with for combat at the beach about the Detachment Room, anything placed there can be teleported to where I am in an instant I only needed to concentrate and think of the object that is allocated in there and it goes directly to my empty hand. The place however is used for my variety of weapons as I want to be able to use any weapon for different type of monsters.

 

*****

 

Eventually one week passed which should be first and should be the longest I was away from Grim-chan.

 

When I was still training at the beach, I always sleep inside the cabin since it was comfortable and I was sure that I won’t be attack since I was defenseless. When I first got inside the forest, I slept outside but still within the Grim-chan's main deck.

 

But this time around, I was sleeping atop trees, dug barrows, and sometimes created mounds. I camped, lit fire to ward of monsters.

 

As for food I was cooking directly, I have yet to eat mushroom types since I am not knowledgeable with which are edible from those that are not. Most insect type monsters are poison based so I decided to eat only fruits or vegetable soups...

 

How I longed to eat rice... Rice is a staple food in that small country to the southeast after all... but for now I shouldn't be so picky and just focus on making sure I have the nutrients my body needs.

 

But one week without protein was starting to toll my body and finally decided to go back to Grimoire Atelier. I should be able to eat some meat which I have in stock.

 

I have yet to remodel it, but the storeroom at the bottom most deck is the place where I had designated place to place all items that have been considered mine.

 

Thankfully items stored here are kept almost in the state it was placed. So the freshness won’t go, at least that was how I have seen it. I mean for the SIX months I trained in the beach, the GREYWOLVES that I have killed, skinned and bled were stored there. Inspecting them after 6 months, they have not rot and no foul odor was smelled.

 

Using RETURN to SHIP, I was now atop Grimoire-chan's main deck.

 

"I am home Grimoire-chan" I greeted her.

 

‘Welcome Home Captain’ Grim-chans voice rang together bells hanged in the door at the Captain’s Room.

 

I noticed that Grim-chan’s telepathic replays have started to form into good sentences and I was really glad because, I really don’t want to lose my speech due to non-usage.

 

“And time to cook some meat.” After greeting Grim-chan, I took a few rationed meats in the storage room and head to the open to cook GREYWOLF Stew. It was a good recipe not only is it simple to cook it also balanced nutrition as it uses both meat and vegetables on it.

 

While waiting for the meat to tenderize, I wanted fiddled with Grim-chan’s AR Screen to find out more of my progress and caught something worth investigating. For some reason Grimoire-chan’s level had risen to two. Back while I was still on the beach, it was clearly at level 1, but now it has increased by another level.

 

I then checked the ship’s Memory Log and received a warm message from her

 

.LOG {

  • Grimoire Atelier Level Up from 1 -> 2
  • Yeah! Captain I have become stronger just as you have. :)

}

 

It was clearly meant as a surprise as the emoji was a bit out of place but, heartwarming none the less. While the condition for her level up is unknown to me, for now I should just check checked Grim-chan's STATS and confirm what perks she has received.

 

.DIMENSIONAL SHIP 『』{

  • This is a Dimensional ship that can traverse to other worlds.
  • However, most of its capabilities are sealed.
  • You will need Magic Cores to unseal the hidden capabilities of the ship.

 

LEVEL                                               : 02

DURABILITY                                     : 1008,640

EQUIVALENT DAMAGE                    : 85.10%

[Info: damage taken by Captain ??? also damages ship and vice versa.]

 

.MAGIC CORES                                     : 287 {

  • This is a counter for all stored Magic Cores ready for allocation. Defeated Monster, will have all their Magic Cores transferred automatically and will be stored here regardless of attribute.
  • To check for Magic Cores per Attribute press Button: ">>".

 

  • FIRE : 43
  • WATER : 34
  • EARTH : 38
  • WIND : 34
  • DARKNESS : 24
  • LIGHT : 34
  • HOLY : 18
  • UNHOLY : 16
  • VOID : 46

}

.Title {

  • 【Dimensional Ship】?

Info: a ship with the ability to traverse to another dimension

}

}

 

The greatest perk of this level up is that, it reduces the amount of Magic Cores needed to level up her abilities or skills as well as create and/or modify rooms to 5%. It also reduced my 【EQUIVALENT DAMAGE】 from 95.20% to a whopping 85.10%. Now I don’t have to worry much about damaging Grim-chan while I go out and getting hurt by monster during my constant battles.

 

The Magic Cores needed were still out of my reach though, but as long as I level up Grimoire-chan, then Magic Cores should become readily sufficient in the process, that is if I find the reason for her advancing level though. But for now it should be safe to assume that I need to go and fight while exploring.

 

This is another one of my personal conjuncture (and as I have yet to make a wrong assumption I decided to stick to it), but I am guessing that as I grow stronger so should Grim-chan. As long as I persevere and continuously train myself, by then should allow me to level up some of the her abilities.

 

Personally I want to increase her MONSTER REPELLENT skill, if I can at least repel Monsters C and below threats, Grim-chan will be safer when I'm out hunting.

 

That CONCEALMENT skill should also be a good choice for added defense and made a mental note to give it a go once I am able to.

 

Well this is a story after I get stronger.

 

…So for now back to hunting.

 

*****

 

It has been a rough 9th months and 2 weeks since my arrival at this fantasy world. I am sailing again with Grimoire-chan towards another inlet.

 

Before I used the 《RETURN to SHIP》 skill the previous day, I saw an inlet river with the same size Grim-chan is currently docked.

 

I was hesitant at first, I mean 'I was in training and I would risk being seen if I keep navigating out the open sea, but I could not also keep traversing back and forth from where I dock Grim-chan, that would be a waste of time and effort. So after a much consideration I decided to create something like a save point whenever I get on an inlet. (if I go by this structure it, there should be four)

 

Now one might wonder if I have completely mapped the entire south side, the answer is no. I have decided to only traverse the areas closer to the beach for now.

 

There is for two reasons for this decision.

 

One, if ever I get into too much trouble that needed to be resolved immediately, I can just summon Grim-chan back to that place, re-summon her on the open sea close to the beach where I am, and use 《RETURN to SHIP》 skill... I can then use that time to rest or use the cannon to blow the imminent threat into smithereens.

 

...and the second one is nothing but another of my conjuncture but, I feel that the closer I am to the mountain at the center of this island, the stronger the monster becomes... There is no evidence to this after all this is nothing more but mere speculation on my part... but as usual, I decided to trust my instinct here.

 

After reaching the southeastern inlet, I disembark and journeyed to the east side of the island. After waving my goodbye to Grim-chan, I now will be conquering the eastern forest edge.

 

*****

 

Unlike the southern sides which were riddled with insect type monsters, the eastern side had more beast-like monsters, much like the GREYWOLVES when I first came to this island.

 

Since I have fought with this type of monsters before they became somewhat doable in battle. Another lucky streak with battling these monsters is that it made me less worried about being stunned, paralyzed or poisoned because no monster seems to be emitting those types of attacks.

 

However the monsters here are agility type, smartly using the terrain to out maneuver me, they use the trees as foot holds to attack my unprotected rear. GREYWOLVES use this tactics, while also taking advantage with their numbers.

 

But the numbers of the pack of GREYWOLVES were not as much as the swarm much like the ANTARES. And with my experience in fighting with the more army-like monsters rather than just a party-like GREYWOLVES simple became a battle of attrition just as I had trained only I was now in their territory.

 

Since I am soloing with my battle against them I would be more susceptible to their tactics, but the one who are moving the most are the GREYWOLVES.

 

Just as I did in the beach, by focusing more and observing the flow of battle I was able battle this type of monsters by moving to a bare minimum waiting for them to get too close for a clear hit and thus making it my strategy against theirs more agile fighting style.

 

Monsters here in the east side, attack by packs, instead of by swarms like the insect type monsters in the southern side. In fact they have their own social system that is quite different from the monarchic system from the south side, if the south sides have giant like existence who seem to have absolute control to a larger territory. The packs here have smaller turf like a gang boss.

 

Every once in a while I get to have a free for all battle royal with different turfed beasts. The HUNTERCAT, FOREST WOLF, TIGERFANG and of course the GREYWOLVES battle each other while figuring out who gets to eat me first.

 

Thanks to this, I did not have to worry too much about getting too beat, since I can always use the other beasts to fight for me when I am too cornered.

 

Eventually, I got to the point where, I can fight agility type monsters with more that 10 of them against me. Well, there are still in fighting so it is still not completely a battle of one vs. ten.

 

Another two weeks goes by, I feel like I have gotten stronger again. I don’t know why but it is a feeling like something inside me is growing, however since there is no way for me to know for sure and the fact that there was no imminent harm to it I have set it aside and proceeded to do the things I have been doing.

 

If I go on like this I have a feeling that it won’t be too long for Grim-chan to level up to 3, making her skills and abilities somewhat ready for evolution or so at least that is how I felt.

 

 

Using that as a mindset, I continued my battle against the beast like monsters while moving towards the north.

 

Everything should have gone according to plan. Hunting in the forest near the beach, exploiting the excessive movements of the enemies, slicing them with the Wooden Trial Series masked with KENKI... there shouldn't have been any problem... until...

3