The True Gamer and A True Hero
45 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

本物のゲーマーと真の英雄

 

I was quite shock to find out that I had lasted 2 days already, but that jubilation was instantly changed to grief when I thought that there were still 13 days before I can truly celebrate.

 

I am not too sure if this dragon is taking its time and toying with my life or completely mocking me out of its great strength but thanks to him or her not going all out against me which allowed me to survive to the second day.

 

I was able to survive to the second day due to some miracles brought by this Dragon Cave, where natural springs with healing and soothing effects sprout from everywhere which was a grate saving grace that helped me continue on battling it for two days now. Thanks to these springs I am able to go on without having to sleep for those two days.

 

Well, the battle still continues, and rest will have to wait.

 

*****

 

Battling with this dragon as I had surmised when I first analyzed the ENDLES ABYSMAL DRAGON EMPEROR had all the elemental breathes which should have been evident with the presence of all elemental MANA Crystals that surround this cave.

 

Those elemental breaths should have been death flags for me had it not been for the abundance of shields in this Dragon Cave.

 

When it breathes fire, I pick up the Firedrake Shield; when it uses water breathe, I pick up the Aqua Shield; when it breathes earth attribute, I use the Titan Wall Shield; if it used Wind breath I counter with the Storm Shield.

 

Thankfully all these shields where able to withstand the ENDLES ABYSMAL DRAGON EMPEROR elemental breaths and allowed me to use them multiple times in these two days.

 

I knew from fantasy anime, games, novels and manga that dragons love to hoard treasures. But this guy/girl sure loves to hoard a lot of weapons, I mean I could not see any other treasures other than this weapons and shields I wonder if these are remains from the ruined parties that came before me but right now I am thankful because I was saved because of these weapons.

 

The second day was almost over I confirmed it from Grim-chan’s telepathic messages and according to her it should be 11:49 PM clearly indicating that the new day would start. I should prepare to replenish myself from the regular springs that would sprout on this cave.

 

While waiting for those springs, the ETERNAL ABYSSMAL DRAGON EMPEROR was making some unusual movements. I know that it is going to use a breath attack, but this was not in one of the patterns that I had memorized from the previous day:

  • When it is FIRE breath it would gather air before it shoots;
  • When it is WATER it would make a swallowing gesture;
  • If it is EARTH it will crouch to the ground first; and
  • Breathing WIND it would jump back raise its head and blow a gust of wind.

 

But right now it was just standing with its mouth wide open.

 

‘Don’t tell me…’ of course I should have seen it coming, if it was a dragon that can use four elements, it would also not be impossible that he/she is able to breath the four upper elements.

 

‘Which is coming, LIGHT, DARKNESS, HOLY or UNHOLY…’ what shield should I use, is there even any shield here that can protect me from such attack? I guess this guy is finally showing me some of its real strength.

 

And here I was kind of hoping he/she would continue to toy with me, I guess he/she was kind of bored fighting a weakling like me. You’d think that while he gathers energy like this he was completely vulnerable, nope the exact opposite, while he gathers energy he also sucks LIFE FORCE from its surrounding you get close your LIFE FORCE gets sucked. What a cunning dragon.

 

Well enough of that, judging from the color of the energy gathering in his mouth it should be safe to say it is the LIGHT Attribute. Do I even have a light attribute shield against it?

 

*****

 

While thinking that a Light Attribute Breath will come my way, a perfect shield came to my memory as if calling out to me to be used and a thought immediately came over me if my timing is right I could probably turn this to my advantage… that is if it goes according to plan. I waited in the last moment before invoking my SENKOU towards that specific shield.

 

And the breath came…

 

I then summoned my METAL FORGE TRIAL HARD EDGE GREAT SWORD from the Detachment Room struck it on the ground to use it as a support and I then direct the shield directly towards the dragon in a certain angle. It was a sound plan, but a small mistake can make this go on a bad direction.

 

The light beamed towards me, the shield caught it and thanks to the great sword that supported my back I was able to hold on and push the shield forward where the light that was aimed towards me was now beaming to the dragon.

 

I took only a glimpse but I believe the dragon had its eye wide opened surprise from the unexpected counter attack. Yes, the shield I am currently holding is the Mirror Shield and mirrors reflect light or so at least that was how natural physics go and thankfully I was able to use such tactic learned since my elementary days.

 

Since the dragon had received the attack meant for me, it had stopped. The after effect, I could see it the damage was greater than expected, I guess there is really no one who can hold the greatest shield and greatest spear at the same time. The dragon’s Light Attribute Breath Attack was so strong it penetrated its scales and even exposed its burnt flesh.

 

I thought this was a joyous occasion, but it would seem that was false hope.

 

*GROWLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!《ULTIMATE HOWL》

 

With a howl stronger than the one I heard before a strange aura was emanating from the dragon, it was clearly a manifestation of anger and rage. The howl should have induced me with the same fear and resisted the same way. But this time I was no longer able to hide and wait for it to subside, I will have no choice but to fight the dragon with my sluggish movements.

 

The dragon’s savage eyes were clearly telling me to pay for the pain it had incurred. Thoughts surge into my head, ‘Ah, I don’t think it will allow me to live another day, so much for the ‘Survive to the 13th’ Operation’, this should have been the right time when I get to remember a few memories, after all they say that when you die you see your memories flash unto your eyes.

 

But instead of memories that I so long to remember, an image run through my head, a woman I have not seen before yet strangely familiar was standing in front of me. I am a hundred percent that she is not from the other side after all I have not known anyone there who had heterochromatic eyes of gold and silver, and when I arrived here I was alone -no wait, I was not alone…

 

‘Captain… Please don’t leave me alone…’

 

Those words stuck needles to my heart. The pain of getting crushed by whatever the dragon will use against me did not even compare to the sorrow in this woman’s eyes.

 

‘Right!’ I resolved myself I face the Dragon and it stared me with those hateful eyes. If I am to survive I must first believe that I will survive, If I am to defeat this guy I must first believe that I am able to defeat this guy.

 

When I first arrive in this other world I was expecting some cheat-like skills or convenient items. It is very convenient to cheat. But is life really enjoyable when you cheat?

 

“A true gamer does not cheat. A true hero grabs victory with his own hands.” I declared.

 

 “SENKIDOURYUU SHIN OUGI: ROPPYAKU ROKUJUU ROKU AKUMA CONVERGENCE”

*****

 

I did not know why but the speed of the SENKOU was faster, according to Grim-chan it is actually a derivative of the SENKOU known as SHINSOKU which allows me to move at a speed of light.

 

But SHINSOKU is not the only thing that awakened on me. For some reason my REIKI had also evolved into ASCENDANCE. REIKI is a skill that acts as a manifestation of my resolve and so with my resolve overpowered by my will had evolved it.

 

Captain…

 

With this awakening an image of a certain anime character that grow stronger by releasing some kind of aura and turned it hair to gold replays in my head and became an image that I saw on me however instead of golden aura I am glowing with a silvery aura around me.

 

Also with the new evolve maneuver skill at an insane speed which further enhanced by combining SHINSOKU with SENKOU and HALF-STEP Maneuver that humans could not simply attain but for some reason I was able to.

 

While moving on this speed I happen to see myself reflected on one of the eyes of the dragon which had seem to be in shock.

 

The increase in my MANA was hurting me internally, the pain was quite unbearable, but if I succumb to it, I know that I will be left unconscious and this new skills will be rendered useless. So I steeled myself and move at top speed.

 

All that is left to do is to do what I came to do. With my new and improve Divine Triangle Maneuver Tactics (SHINSOKU-SENKOU-HALF-STE) my speed was something even the dragon could not completely see and since I was in this speed anyway I would like to go and slash the monster with a lot of swords.

 

Using the speed I took hold of different swords on the ground and plunge them to the dragon but I never forget to do some 3 to 5 slashes before completely leaving them stuck on the body of the dragon. I repeat these while avoiding getting smashed or get hit by its breath attacks or magic spells. Eventually I was able to plunge 666 swords in it body.

 

When I saw that the dragon was slowly disintegrating to particles of light I caught myself near the DUNGEON CORE, it was not my intention to do anything to the Dungeon Core itself I just wanted to create a huge space between from the Dungeon Lord and me.

 

Truthfully the thought of even harming the core did not even register in my mind as I was simply trying to survive. But, I was going to have to pat myself in the head in the future for doing so.

 

I so wanted to rest myself after this almost impossible ordeal however a sudden surge of pain had stopped me from doing almost anything. I did not know why but through my MANA perception I was able to perceive that MANA surging from my body.

 

I guess the pain I am sensing must be because my MANA Reservoir has exceeded the intended Mana input and so right now my MANA Intoxication Syndrome kicked in and was now trying to kill me.

 

Just when I thought that I had won due the battle was it going to be fruitless because of my MIS? The pain grew intense as I saw a MANA stream enter my body. Then everything went black.

 

.GRIMOIRE ATELIER MEMORY LOG {

  • Received Dungeon Lord MAGIC Core Equivalent: 80,000 FIRE MAGIC CORE
  • Received Dungeon Lord MAGIC Core Equivalent: 80,000 WATER MAGIC CORE
  • Received Dungeon Lord MAGIC Core Equivalent: 80,000 EARTH MAGIC CORE
  • Received Dungeon Lord MAGIC Core Equivalent: 80,000 WIND MAGIC CORE
  • Received Dungeon Lord MAGIC Core Equivalent: 80,000 LIGHT MAGIC CORE
  • Received Dungeon Lord MAGIC Core Equivalent: 80,000 DARKNESS MAGIC CORE
  • Received Dungeon Lord MAGIC Core Equivalent: 80,000 HOLY MAGIC CORE
  • Received Dungeon Lord MAGIC Core Equivalent: 80,000 UNHOLY MAGIC CORE
  • Received Dungeon Lord MAGIC Core Equivalent: 80,000 VOID MAGIC CORE
  • Mana exertion exceeded intended Mana Dispersion, Mana Intoxication Syndrome Activated
  • Due to MIS activation Full LIFE FORCE reduction is activated
  • Due to Grimoire Atelier Level 8 Damage Equivalent Reversal, FULL LIFE FORCE is reduced to 43.10%
  • 【5,460 / 5,460】
  • 【3106 / 5,460】
  • 【1767 / 5,460】
  • 【1005 / 5,460】
  • 【571 / 5,460】
  • 【324 / 5,460】
  • 【184 / 5,460】
  • … … …
  • Using administration rights used required MAGIC Cores to Level up 《Emergency RR》from 1 to 2, Cooldown time has been reset. Ready for Use
  • Life threat exceeded tolerable amounts Passive Skill 《Emergency RR》 activated, forcibly transporting to the Captain’s Room.
  • Captain!
  • Captain, are you okay… …?
  • He’s breathing… his alive…
  • Captain, the island is sinking. Wizier said not to worry though. He said that it is something normal and will probably resurface again.
  • Captain… *sniff

}

 

 

When I woke up Grimoire Atelier’s Memory Log AR Screen greeted me with Grim-chan woe, I am hoping this would not become a habit.

 

My body seems to have recovered, and I could no longer feel the sore from the pain I had received during the MANA surge and felt refreshed after sleeping for so long. It looks like I was asleep for 8 days, and I am not too sure if this is a coincidence or not but today marks the anniversary since I got transported to this world, how convenient of me waking up for this joyous occasion.

 

After giving my heartfelt apology to Grim-chan for having made her worry and grateful thanks for to save my life yet again, I decided to check on a few things.

 

It would seem like the Island that I landed on was not a normal island, I guess that was the reason why Grim-chan first logged it as Mysterious Island the when we encountered it. I wanted to say my goodbyes to the inhabitants of the Island Forest before going but it can’t be helped I was unconscious when the event happened. Grim-chan seems to have received a lot of fruits and other edible stuffs before the island sunk to the ocean though.

 

I was amazed that I was really able to defeat that dragon and could only sigh as I thought about winning against such opponent which could have led to my death.

 

Well you don’t see me complaining.

3