To the Nostalgic Blue Sea and to the New Beach
22 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

懐かしく青い海と新たな白い浜へ

 

 

While I am forging my weapons, there is a lot of waiting time. While melting metals are one of them and during this time, I also found another way to pass time - checking and upgrading some of Grim-chan’s abilities.

 

 

.DIMENSIONAL SHIP 『Grimoire Atelier』{

  • LEVEL                                    : 8
  • DURABILITY : 7,349,259
  • EQUIVALENT DAMAGE : 62.97%    

                            

.MAGIC CORES                                     : 55,789 {

  • FIRE : 2,996
  • WATER : 3,053
  • EARTH : 4,550
  • WIND : 3,435
  • LIGHT : 5,619
  • DARKNESS : 4,795
  • HOLY : 4,997
  • UNHOLY : 4,694
  • VOID : 4,810

}

 

.ABILITIES {

     .ARSENAL LVL 3 {

  • FIRE : 10,368
  • WATER : 10,368
  • EARTH : 10,368
  • WIND : 10,368
  • LIGHT : 10,368
  • DARKNESS : 10,368
  • HOLY : 10,368
  • UNHOLY : 10,368
  • VOID : 10,368
  • Cannon LVL 8
    • Range : 45.68 KM
    • Power : 1024
    • Munition : 14
    • Quantity : 10
  • Ballista LVL 5
    • Range : 21.46 KM
    • Power : 423
    • Munition : 0
    • Quantity : 5
  • Harpoons LVL 5
    • Range : 21.46 KM
    • Power : 423
    • Munition : 0
    • Quantity : 5
  • … (Increase Arsenal Level to 4 to Unseal)

}

.BARRIER LVL 3 {

  • FIRE : 10,368
  • WATER : 10,368
  • EARTH : 10,368
  • WIND : 10,368
  • LIGHT : 10,368
  • DARKNESS : 10,368
  • HOLY : 10,368
  • UNHOLY : 10,368
  • VOID : 10,368
    • Monster Repellant LVL 8
  • Monster Threat : A
  • Range : 800 Meter Radius
    • Auto-Repair LVL MAX
  • Duration : 24 Hours
    • Concealment (Increase Barrier Level to 5 to Unseal)

}

 

.DIMENSIONAL LVL 1 {

  • FIRE : 480,000,000
  • WATER : 480,000,000
  • EARTH : 480,000,000
  • WIND : 480,000,000
  • HOLY : 480,000,000
  • UNHOLY : 480,000,000
  • VOID : 480,000,000
  • LIGHT : 480,000,000
  • DARKNESS : 480,000,000
  • Captains Room
  • Detachment Room
  • Carry to Ship LVL 5
  • Emergency RR LVL 8
  • Cooldown time 5 Months
  • Return to Berth LVL 5
  • Return to Ship LVL MAX
  • Range: 1,089 KM
  • Force Return to Berth

}

.MOBILITY LVL 1{

  • FIRE : 480,000,000
  • WATER : 480,000,000
  • EARTH : 480,000,000
  • WIND : 480,000,000
  • HOLY : 480,000,000
  • UNHOLY : 480,000,000
  • VOID : 480,000,000
  • LIGHT : 480,000,000
  • DARKNESS : 480,000,000
  • Auto Navigation MAX
  • Submerge (Increase Mobility to Level 5 to Unseal)
  • Flight (Increase Mobility to Level 8 to Unseal)

     }

.DESIGN LVL 1{

  • FIRE : 480,000,000
  • WATER : 480,000,000
  • EARTH : 480,000,000
  • WIND : 480,000,000
  • HOLY : 480,000,000
  • UNHOLY : 480,000,000
  • VOID : 480,000,000
  • LIGHT : 480,000,000
  • DARKNESS : 480,000,000
  • Galleon LVL 1
  • SEALED (Increase Design to level 1 to unseal)

          }

 

 

*****

 

Grim-chan had leveled up to 8. I still did not know what are the standards for her leveling up but decided to leave for when I get more information of this world and instead focused on increasing the levels of her skills.

 

 

The first thing I had done is increased the Monster Repellent skill so that Grimoire Atelier can ward off monsters with threat Rank A and bellow. Now, Grim-chan should be protected from monster whose powers are of the same or weaker than Wiezer and the other bosses of the Forest-Island.

 

 

Next up, I made sure to level-up the Emergency RR skill so that the cool down time will be lowered, well even though it has considerable lowered it is still had a wait time of 5 months. But then again, while it is still a long period but compared to waiting a whole year, 5 months seemed short.

 

 

Next is increasing my fire power. I had increased the number of cannons from 2 to 10. While I still do not have the cannon balls to use as munition, since I am now moving with civilization in mind so I am thinking that it won’t be long for me to buy and increase those cannon balls and so increased the cannons. I had unlocked the BALISTA and HARPOON Guns for the same reason.

 

 

 

There were skills that I would have loved to gain if not for the ridiculously large amount of MANA Cores needed. The concealment was going to be next on my list when I get to fight another Dungeon Lord (NOT!). If I have concealment I can have the Grimoire Atelier out of her safe zone, and act as my safety harness during unknown expeditions. But I simple have no desire to fight another Dungeon Lord, at least not too soon.

 

 

The Flight and Submerge skills are also one of the good ones I want to obtain. There should be areas that I can only access if I can fly or deep underwater.

 

 

I am also a bit curious at unlocking this so called DESIGNs. I wonder what other designs the Grimoire Atelier can change into. This should be a good motivation to try when I am able to.

 

 

With this, finally the Grimoire Atelier has the needed defensive and offensive power to boost for added protection. This was all thanks to the 100,000 plus Magic Core (for all elements) I had received after defeating the Dungeon Lord added with the ones I had gained going down the dungeon.

 

 

*****

 

 

Even after leveling up Grim-chan’s basic skills and using them to create 4 storage rooms then modified their sizes, temperature and erected a time flowing barrier to preserve the items I store in them to last almost an eternity there was still a good surplus of Magic Cores.

 

 

Using some of those surplus MAGIC Cores I decided to increase the number of item slots on the Detachment Room. After all there is no such thing as over preparations in this magical world so I made sure that I can have more items to call out when needed. With this, I can summon up to 35 items for different battles.

 

 

Since there were more slots, I made sure to allot 6 for non-combat items namely:

  • The Arrow Basket;
  • The Throwing Box;
  • The Cabinet;
  • The Kitchen Cabinet;
  • The Small Bookshelf;
  • The Harvester.

 

The first three are already known, however I made sure to increase their sizes to allow them to carry more of the intended items.

 

‘The Arrow Basket’ and ‘The Throwing Box’ can now hold up to 500 different arrows and throwing weapons respectively.

 

 

‘The Cabinet’ now is for non-edible items and tools like camping, blacksmithing, carpentry and harvesting tools. Of course it had its storage capabilities increased.

 

‘The Kitchen Cabinet’ is for items that stores both edible food ingredients and for cooking equipment.

 

 

‘The Bookshelf” is another storage that would be able to store 30 books. Although it can store a lot of books, I am only having it carry 5 books authored by Lunamaia-sensei the rest of its slots are for my own manuscripts.

 

 

Lastly, is ‘The Harvester’ an empty container to hold some items. This container is a loophole to the system of me unable to put in and out items directly to the ship.

 

 

I had noticed this when I had frequently used the other containers.

 

 

Usually, I can only take in and out object from the ship manually. But there is an exception to this, and that is the containers slotted on the Detachment Room. If it is a container, I can put items in there and take them out the same way.

 

That is not the only perk of this discovery, these containers gain the ability of the Detachment Room and anything placed on them will return inside them as if slotted inside the containers. Thus I had increased the containers from 3 to 6.

 

 

With Grim-chan leveling up and had her skills upgraded I am confident that she is somewhat protected against monster attacks.

 

 

Now I only had to get stronger to stop her from always worrying about me.

 

 

*****

 

 

 

As the Grimoire Atelier is still moving towards the unknown destination I was silently hoping that I would not land on another mysterious island where I would get attached to its inhabitants then the island ends up sinking.

 

 

The blue sea just kept on continuing so while waiting for me to arrive at the destination I decided to check a few new things that were magically added on the ship. This was something I had found out while organizing my spoils -the Medals’ Gallery

 

 

While picking out 5 of Lunamaia’s Magical Notes to place on ‘The Bookshelf’, I happen saw some decorated frames on the wall that was not there when I first inspected it.

 

 

When I check the contents using the coveted item: MONOCLE of ITEM APPRAISAL, I seem to have received ‘Medals’ for the feats that I had done during my trainings on the island.

 

 

I then had to check on these feats:

 

 

.MEDALS {

  • MANA INTOXICATION SYNDROME
  • ONE WHO CAN NEVER BECOME A HERO (red)

 

  • 『GRIMOIRE ATELIER』' s CAPTAIN (red)

 

  • CARELESS ONE

 

  • CLIFF SNIPER

 

  • DEATH EXECUTIONER
  • NINJA ASSASSIN

 

  • MAGIC CORE HOARDER

 

  • SCHEMER

 

ONE WHO TRAINS (greyed)

  • THE MASTER WHO TRAINS

SENKIDOURYUU PRACTITIONER (greyed)

  • SENKIDOURYUU MASTER

 

  • SPECTRE BUSTER
  • UNDEAD BUSTER
  • GOBLIN KILLER
  • ORC KILLER
  • SLIME KILLER

 

  • MASTER OF THE FOREST-ISLAND
  • CONQUEROR OF THE 『 』Dungeon

 

  • FLAWLESS
  • THE WOUNDLESS
  • UNSCATHED

 

  • WOOD CRAFSTMAN
  • METAL CRAFTSMAN

}

 

 

Apparently there are a lot of perks on these so called Medals. Unfortunately, they are too much for even the MONOCLE of ITEM APPRAISAL which can only appraise ‘Rank A’ items. I am guessing that these ‘Medals’ are not normal items. Thankfully I am able to get their descriptions through the monocle.

 

 

The titles themselves are self-explanatory so there is no need to see the description on what perks they give you. Like for example the GRIMOIRE ATELIER's CAPTAIN Medal, is the proof that I am indeed the captain of the ship and so enables me to use all the ship’s command and abilities.

 

 

Another example would be the WOOD CRAFTSMAN and the METAL CRAFTSMAN, which increased the proficiency in crafting both metal and wood. I must have gotten these Medals because I have been crafting both wood and metal ever since I got to that Mysterious Island.

 

 

The BUSTER and KILLER Medals increase my proficiency fighting against enemies. The requirement for achieving this Medal is killing 100 of the same monster in one setting.

 

 

 

The ‘ONE WHO TRAINS’ and ‘SENKIDOURYUU PRACTITIONER’ Medals were greyed out and are probably inactive since they have been replaced with a higher Medal. This would mean I am unable stack on effects of the same Medals.

 

 

The ‘MANA INTOXICATION SYNDROME’ should be a given since I have it as my condition.

 

 

The ‘ONE WHO CAN NEVER BECOME A HERO’ and ‘GRIMOIRE ATELIER' s CAPTAIN ‘which are in red are what baffles me but since they continue to be active I will have to research on it when I have enough resources.

 

 

 

While deliberating on a troublesome Medal on the list, Grim-chan’s voice stopped my train of thought.

 

 

‘Captain we cannot continue further to the preset destination as a large body of land is surrounding it. What would be our next course of action?’

 

 

After hearing Grim-chan’s remarks I hurriedly disembark and swam across the sea towards the white sandy beach.

 

 

“Finally, I can smell civilization.”

 

 

*****

 

 

The sight of the beach was nothing new to me. I mean, I already saw it for the 3rd time in this world: the first was when I had arrived in this world, the second was on the Mysterious Island and this being the third.

 

 

 

What separates the current excitement from the previous ones is the allure of being able to see and converse with people. This should also make mark the day when I can finally proceed to go for one of my goals -getting information on how to get back home.

 

 

Since I did not liking the idea of leaving Grim-chan out in the open I decided to store her on a safe place. Although she has a Repellent Skill I am guessing it only works on Monsters. Human threats should be my greatest concern, in fact humans are more devious and cunning compared to monsters and so I decided to put her on safest place –the 'BARRIER of the HOLY PRECINCT of DARKNESS’.

 

 

 

After swimming for a few minutes I finally reached the shore and then the idea of where to go finally clicks on my head. Since this is a new world I should have no prior knowledge of where places are plus my map is also blackened out that there is no way to confirm my destination.

 

 

While it is easy to go with the flow and just move on a certain direction until I get to a city, town or a village however for me wandering aimlessly is a big no-no, so decided to find a more logical method to move.

 

 

While searching for a good sea inlet where a river could naturally form my Mana and Ki Perception caught several individuals a few meters away from me on a hill overlooking the open sea.

 

 

“That looks bad!”

2