My First Other World Civilization
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

異世界と初めての人文

 

 

On the edge of a certain hill, I saw 10 armed men moving closer two individuals -a man and a woman.

 

 

The 10 men had this dangerous look on them. They were armed with knives and swords attacking two unarmed individuals making the scenario all the more obvious that they are up to no good.

 

 

The man shielding the woman at the end of the hill on the other hand had a noble look on him apparent from the way he had stood his ground protecting the woman. He was on his mid –no, probably on the late thirties with a mature glare on his eyes. The woman also shared the noble look of her protector, she was younger and had a kind and concerning stare.

 

 

From where I am standing, I could distinctly sense anxiety and fear from the two. While there are cases where bad looking individuals are actually trying to capture horrible people wearing elegant clothing, this scenario was simple not that case, the evidence:

 

 

“We’ve given you all our belongings, what more do you want from us!?” asked the man still protecting the woman behind him.

 

 

“Don’t think too badly of us…” one of the thug-looking individuals replied. “We just don’t want you ratting about us, ‘s all.”

 

 

There was only malice and greed on his speech and his attitude, there is just no way for good people to continue an act of violence when they have already what they have. So, without any moment to lose, I used Flash Step (SENKOU) and immediately entered in between the armed assailants and the would-be victims.

 

 

Since I wanted to stop there advance, I then directed my sword at them. However, as they gazed between me and my weapon they started to laugh while unsheathing their own blades. I could tell that the two people at the back where equally dumbfounded with my weapon.

 

 

It can’t be helped, while I had forged a number of Metal Forged weapons, I also made sure to increase proficiency in creating wooden weapons. The rest of the metal based weapons are in the detachment room, and currently equipped myself with a BOKUTOU (wooden sword).

 

 

There is also the option of using the weapons I had acquired at the dungeon but they were either too shabby or too amazing and so decided to have a weapon for general use –A wooden sword.

 

 

This is the reason why the armed group laughed at me when I showed them my weapon. They were so focused on my shabby-like weapon that they had completely forgotten and failed to register the fact that I had instantly appeared in front of them out of nowhere.

 

 

 

Another reason for these armed assailants’ jeers is because of my how I look. The chainmail that I had acquired in the dungeon was way past its limits so no longer wore them. While I did not receive any damage fighting the Dungeon Lord, it was a scenario where even one hit from the Dungeon Lord would equate my death regardless of the durability of the chainmail, but in reality it was already torn and chipped even before the fight.

 

 

The chainmail and the other broken weapons are still at the Atelier waiting to be melted and reforged into weapons or other metallic based tools and equipment. While there are swordsmen who opt to bury their swords as a ritual to pay respect for its long usage, I on the other hand want to give my respect by letting them be used again on the battlefield in another form that would make use of them.

 

 

So right now, I am wearing nothing but the not-so White T-shirt, my Black Pants, a very Dark Mantle and the Black Shoes. They might have thought I am some kind of beggar trying to steal from the armed assailants or so at least that is what I think from their point of view.

 

 

“He has nothing to do with us, let him be!” the lady who was behind might have been scared, but she did not radiate any arrogance instead tried to even protect me.

 

 

“You do not have to stand in between us, please leave us to our fate and protect your own.” the man who clearly did not have any means to protect us both, also had tried to stop me from getting killed.

 

 

Really now, this is the reason why good people die first.

 

 

While thinking that just hearing voices for the first time other than my own made my tears flow from my eyes. ‘How long has it been since I was able to hear other people’s voice?’

 

 

“What’s up with this dude? He’s crying!”

 

 

And the jeer just went on.

 

 

“You lot we don’t have time for this pest deal with the two and get their money.” One man who must have been leader pointed at me and scowled. “If you stand against us again we will cut you!”

 

 

His glare could probably kill anyone who would ever lay their eyes on them, he had those dangerous eyes akin to murderers I have only seen on television, and almost anyone who would see those eyes or hear his words would succumb and run away.

 

 

Not me though…

 

 

Have you ever been laid eyes on by a 3 meter tall Wolf before? Or a five-meter gorilla with four arms … or maybe perhaps a bipedal dragon that exceed the size and power of all you can encounter on some Mysterious Island?

 

 

If the answers to those questions are yes, then there is no need to fear men who have only killed humans for pleasure and sport. I then solidified my stance which also marked their advance. However, the moment two of the assailants enter my close quarter range, they begin to collapse like their legs had lost their strengths.

 

 

The people present including the two behind me could not understand what had happened. One moment they were walking forward and the next they just fall flat on the ground.

 

 

“What happened!?” the leader like man bellowed probably not at me but he was definitely looking at me. “You f*ckers! Stop sleeping and murder those two!”

 

 

But no matter how much he bellowed at them, they would not wake up. After all I have made sure they would lose their consciousness completely.

 

 

“What did you do!?” he probably did not want to admit it, but there was no other explanation as to why his subordinates had collapse to the ground. “Ya lot, start moving your *ss, you want your cut or you want to be cut! Which is it!?”

 

 

The other men who had finally stopped their jeers turn murderous. They attacked from all three directions, the front and one on each side. But the outcome was obvious from the start. The moment they lost their composure and had to succumb to an unknown fear they had lost the fight.

 

 

“Are you okay?” the female voice slowly approached me. While the battle that took place looked slow motion from my point of view it was clearly not for these two. She must be worried that I was hurt or something.

 

 

“Thank you, you have saved us there.” The male was close beside her.

 

 

I wanted to tell them that I was fine but… “Ahhh…” Damn I was now too accustomed to the inner monologues I can’t even speak normally.

 

 

 

“Forgive us, you have saved us and we could not even say thank you.” The two must have noticed that I was hesitating for some reason and so to break the ice decided that an introduction is order. “My name is Heid von Alyster Romaria and this is my wife Anna Sevilis Romaria, for having saved us you have our gratitude.”

 

 

‘Whaaaa that sure is noble like…’ wait I need to introduce myself.

 

 

“My name is…”

 

*****

 

‘Damn it’ cursing on my own stupidity for not having noticed. My problem for getting too used in monologues was toppled almost immediately as I forgot that currently I was still nameless. Due to my unnatural silence the couple had misinterpreted that I might have been a ‘wierdo’ or something.

 

 

“You don’t look too well, is something hurt inside you. Don’t tell me you were cut in that last fight!?” thankfully it was just needless worry on my part. The kind lady -Anna had approached me worried for my safety and look for wounds that might indicate where I am hurt.

 

 

“No…, it’s not like that…” I slowly and carefully choose my words. “It has been a while since I had talked with fellow humans that I have problem in speaking, also I seem to have forgotten my name.”

 

 

I wanted to make a name on the spot but I opted not to lie to them about it and so I decided to tell them a little of my circumstances.

 

 

Of course I left the fact that I was from another world or that I have a magical ship that can be stored inside a magical barrier… but if you put it like that there was really nothing that I could tell much.

 

 

“I happen to have lost some of my memories and could not tell left from right.” So, I started about me being amnesiac to a degree also the fact that I do not know where to go.

 

 

“Then I am guessing that you are free at the moment?” Heid asked with a calm voice. “If so, can we hire you as a bodyguard until we get to the town where we are heading?”

 

 

A true nobleman indeed, he chose his words well. There are after all people who suspect kind words and so he intended it for me to see it as a financial gain, rather than going because of some empty promise.

 

 

Since I do not have any plan where to go and as of the moment do not have any reason to refuse I decided to take on his offer.

 

 

Since it was going to be inconvenient being nameless I decided for a name so that they could at least call me by it. It does not need to be fancy, but if I was going to be using it for a while, it should at least be something cool, or so that was what I thought.

 

 

While there were a lot of names I could think of (amazingly for some reason I could also tell they were not mine), I decided to use something that I always use when creating character name in online games I play in the previous world.

 

 

“For the time being you may call me Ace.” And bow at them as they did before me. “Thank you very much for your offer Sir Heid and Lady Anna, I will be in your care for the time being.”

 

 

“Very good, now what do we do with this guys?” Right, we were still on top of that hill overseeing the sea with 10 unconscious assailants. While it was easy to just leave them there, Lady Anna was concerned at leaving them to the mercy of the monsters and truthfully it would put a bad taste afterwards so we decided to bound them with ropes and conceal them in a cave until we can alert the local authority for their capture.

 

 

*****

 

 

Since there was no longer any reason to stay, the two had guided me to their vehicle. As soon as I saw it, I was beginning to hesitate to call this world a fantasy world at least partially. Because in front of me is a vehicle that should not exist in any templated fantasy world I had read or seen before -a pickup truck.

 

 

“This truck is an older model, but the engine still looks strong and should be able to get us to Amaria before dark.” according to the couple this is model is a vintage that hit the market some 60 years ago.

 

 

“He~, how does it run?” Since Heid mentioned engine, I had to ask. From the looks of it this truck definitely does not run on any gasoline I know.

 

 

“…A Magic Gem.” Heid said as if stating the obvious, but then he changed it with a grin that looked kind of proud. “I got it at a good discount too.” He was not looking at me but towards his wife who shared his grin.

 

 

“Might I ask how you got to that situation with the thieves?” Since it was getting awkward (for me), I decided to change the topic and ask a few questions. But, their grin was instantly replaced by a sour look… the earlier awkwardness immediately turned grim.

 

 

“…Sorry you don’t have to tell if you don’t want to.” I apologized but Lady Anna just shook her head implying not worry about it.

 

 

To summarize what they told me, it would seem that there was a problem back at their old home and they could no longer stay there. They then so sold whatever remained as their belongings and bought this truck as a means to travel to Lady Anna’s hometown where she has a residence.

 

 

There is probably something deeper on this problem, but since I was an outsider I did not pry too much on it.

 

 

*****

 

After what seems like two to three hour ride, we finally arrived at our destination, the town known as Amaria.

 

 

The town of Amaria is as average as it looks, with an average of 8,290 residents of assorted affiliations. The size, according to sir Heid is approximately 600,000 kilometers squared. It had a circular shape with walls 14 meter tall protecting it from monsters.

 

 

Inside, the town had that medieval feel but for some reason a more modern look was also apparent as the mixture of wooden, clay and cemented houses come into view; stores and boutiques where also easily distinguishable with the picturesque signage that anyone could tell what the building is for.

 

 

Now that I was objectively looking at all of this, I only noticed that the ride I was on had been smooth which is due to the stone pavement. If the roads are this modern then this was also a sign of a great economy. While there are no signs of electric cables, the tall posts say that they have a means to light the streets on the nights which is probably fueled again by magic.

 

 

The good impression of this town was giving me the good vibes and lit the adventurous spirit in me. I think that this world is probably in between the medieval and modern day world.

 

I wonder what I will see way past here. Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps.

2