Ace Chronilius Bloodforte
28 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

エース・クロにルス・ブラドフォーテ

 

 

Let me regress a bit before entering the town, the security was quite a good one. Which made returned my impression of fantasy like world. Upon seeing the gates, sir Heid then veered our vehicle towards a certain building he called the town’s outpost. When the guards came out to question us, the first thing we did is report the location of the thugs who are still tied and kept warm somewhere safe near the beach.

 

 

The next thing that happened was for the guards to verify our identities and so guided us inside the outpost.

 

 

Although I said outpost, it looked more like a cozy apartment building. I am guessing that this outpost doubles as sleeping quarters for travelers who could no longer get inside because of night lock down. This goes to show that this world must regard safety for travelers in mind.

 

 

Inside, we were guided towards the counter just where a small black orb about a duckpin bowling balls sized was placed. It had a magical feel to it however it was not triggering my MIS, so I assume it must be safe.

 

 

“Please hold on to the Orb of Murderers with your left hand.”

 

 

Apparently this black orb –Orb of Murderers, is an orb that would glow red if the person has killed a person before. As to be expected of fantasy worlds it has ways to discern criminals without too much effort. This world probably won’t be needing detectives.

 

 

According to this town’s protocols individuals are required to touch the orb when they have been away for at least 14 days and also to those who have just arrived into town.

 

 

Since I have not killed anyone (human at least) since my arrival on this world and with the couple also cleared to their innocence the procedure took us only a few minutes.

 

 

With no more business in the outpost we got inside the town.

 

 

*****

 

From the long journey towards Amaria and the minor procedure at the outpost the sun had finally gone down. I wanted to find some lodging soon but couple had decided to go for a courtesy call in the Civil Registry’s Office. Apparently it was to change their affiliations from their previous place to this town.

 

 

While they were at it, they also mentioned that it would be wise for me register as temporary inhabitant to ensure that I will not get taken into slavery for illegal squatting.

 

 

I wanted to explore the town, but headed the couple’s decision since I don’t want them to get into trouble because of me, that and I definitely did not want to get taken into slavery.

 

 

The Civil Registry Office was a two storey building made of bricks. The front was adorned with two big see through glass windows sandwiching the main door allowing passersby to view the transactions done in the Civil Registry. For some reason this type of building reminds me of the modern buildings I am familiar with in the previous world.

 

 

“Good afternoon, sir and my lady, how may I be of service for you today?” The lady receptionist’s business smile and spiel was really modern like.

 

 

“Yes we would like to register for the town.” and Heid’s respond also with his own business smile. “Can I have three forms please, two for permanent and one for temporary registrants.”

 

 

“Yes of course, after filling up these forms please head for the Accounting Department and pay the required fee. The fee is 1,000 Pera per permanent registrant good for 5 years and 250 Pera for temporary registrants good for one year. Make sure to be vigilant with the expiration as they could lead to slavery.”  The receptionist handed three of the forms to sir Heid and continued with her practiced spiel.

 

 

“If you require amanuensis you can talk to the girls in the Help Desks, a service charge of 50 Pera. If you have more inquiries you may come here in the Information Desk so that we may be able to help you with the registrations.”

 

 

“Thank you, we will be heading for the Accountancy Department then.”

 

 

While on the way Lady Anna came to me and inquired something I had not considered.

 

 

“Ace, what should we do with your Middle Name and Surname, not filling it up will come out suspicious.” Lady Anna queried with a worried look. “You can use ours temporarily if you want.”

 

 

I would later learn about this, but apparently some 1000 years ago middle names and last names were not very common. In fact only nobles get to have last names and only royalties get to keep middle names plus their last names. But as the population rise, it was getting harder to distinguish people just by name alone so it was decided that commoners get to have middle and last names to ensure individuality among the population. Provided that noble and royal middle and last names will not be used.

 

 

With Lady Anna’s suggestion I felt that they are indeed a nice couple, but I feel that I should not over indulge with their kindness any more than that, with my identity a question, I did not want to bring trouble on their doorstep.

 

 

“No, if those are really needed then I will come up with it on my own.” it would be wise if I come up with a tale behind them as well.

 

 

After telling the couple the intended name, middle name and surname sir Heid then wrote for me on the registration forms and after paying 2 Large Silver coins, 2 Silver coins and 5 Large Bronze coins (2250 Pera), a process known as RECORDING was performed.

 

 

A magical process that simple does not exist in my previous world. This process is done in front of a white slab of stone known as Blank Slate. Where we each placed our hands and have our Profiles recorded in a special type of paper that got printed out magically in the air.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

And there it was the fantasy like template I wanted to see for myself when I first came to this world. Apparently this modern/fantasy world has a way to see the crystallization of an individual’s abilities and amazingly (template or otherwise) called it STATUS.

 

 

I then read through the crystallization of my abilities:

 

 

.PROFILE {

  • NAME : Ace Chronilius Bloodforte
  • ORIGIN : HUMA
  • AGE : 18
  • OCCUPATION : None
  • SOURCE LEVEL : 40

}

 

.CONDITION {

  • BODY INHERENT CONSTITUTION: MANA INTOXICATION SYNDROME

}

 

.STATS {

  • LIFE FORCE : 1,848 - 1,260     【3,108 / 3,108】
  • MANA : 65 + 73               【138 / 138】

 

  • Phys STR : 109 + 103           【212】
  • Phys DEF : 108 + 151           【259】
  • Mag POW : 102 + 50             【152】
  • Mag RES : 94 + 131             【225】

}

 

 

First allow me to clarify on the middle and last name I am currently using. While I would like to say that somehow I had remembered my name, but unfortunately this is an alias I came up with when the Civil Registry had asked for one.

 

 

While we are on the subject, let me tell you something I found out about my so called partial amnesia, for some reason somehow it is only geared specifically towards names. To give a proper illustration, allow me make use of animes as an example:

  • First, while I can remember titles like Stone, Attack on Titans and Black Clover (to name a few), I can’t seem to remember the name of the characters on them.
  • Second, animes which have their main characters as title are also unremembered, like how I can’t remember the title of the anime whose main character is a ninja who wants to be a
  • However, I can remember if the name is conceptualization of something. Like for example Nobel Prize, a prestigious award given to people who had done something to better the previous world. I know that the Nobel is a surname who had visualized a better world eventually used his name to award those who are like him, but I can’t remember his first name.

 

 

That is why I know that my amnesia has not been cured and that the name I am using is not my own. However I am able to remember names that I have learned here, like how I can still remember Lady Anna and Sir Heid’s. or the fact that I can remember names that I have come up on the spot like how I remember Wiezer and the other bosses of the Island-Forest Alliance. So to simplify, the name I am using right now is something I had come up with and so I can remember it.

 

 

The name Ace is something I always use whenever I play games (mostly JRPGs). The middle name and last name (Chronilius Bloodforte) is something I came up with the following words:

  • Chronilius is from Chronos a word which means personification of time;
  • Blood, well duh…;
  • Forte meaning to excel at something.

 

 

To sum it up: I thought that if I have to be using it, might as well use something cool, right?

 

 

*****

 

 

Next on the STATUS is my ORIGIN. ORIGIN is a terminology used here that replaces the word RACE, ORIGIN for monsters and humans alike. And while there are countless MONSTER ORIGINs out there, there are only 7 for the HUMAN ORIGINS.

 

 

HUMAN ORIGINS (HUMANS) are a collective term for the higher order of sentient beings that made the civilizations in this world called Resmere, in a non-debatable account there are two:

  • HUMAS
  • ELVENS

 

There are ORIGINs however which are supposedly considered Demons and yet also considered human due to their ancestry. These beings are often the unholy offspring between a Demon and any of the HUMANS called progenitor, the first of their kind who are the offspring of the First Demon Lord and the women he apparently violated:

  • VAMPIRES offspring from a DEMON and a spiritually strong ELVEN;
  • SUCCUBUS and INCUBUS both are offspring from a DEMON and a spiritually strong HUMA; then the
  • ABOMINATIONS offspring from a DEMON and an inferior ELVEN or HUMA

 

While ABOMINATIONS are closer to monsters or demons than humans, they have been considered as HUMANs only because of their ancestry. According to studies, ABOMINATIONS are supposedly the progenitor of most of the DEMI-HUMANS in this world after they violate monsters. (ORCS and GOBLINS to name a few)

 

 

While the lowest order of VAMPIRES, SUCCUBUS and INCUBUS are also considered LESSER DEMONS they still retain their HUMAN ORIGIN status the same way as the ABOMINATIONS.

 

 

To this day it is still a hot debate for many scholars as to why these so called PROGENITORS are considered HUMAN ORIGINS. One side say that they should just be considered LESSER DEMONS, while there are scholars who believe that in order to protect the dignity of the violated women their offspring should always be considered HUMANS.

 

 

Another HUMAN ORIGIN called a TABOO (intermingling between species) has recently joined with the appearance of the WITCHES. Beings born from HUMAS and ELVEN.

 

 

Oh! I had digressed too much. Back to the topic on my ORIGIN according to the Blank Slate is HUMA, an existence that compose 70-75 percent of this world’s populations.

 

 

*****

 

 

Then there is my age, apparently I have become younger. If I must trust my amnesiac brain which somehow involves only names, then I should have been thirtyish.

 

 

I hardly noticed it then because I was only thinking of surviving that I never even imagine that I had gone younger. I had only associated my new found vigor for being transported to this world.

 

 

If the ship had mirrors, then I should have found about my youthful appearance and when I look at the sea, I go pass my reflection to thoughts of something deeper. Like my amnesia and surviving. So I had never found out about my age (physically) until now.

 

 

Then again if I had been summoned here on a 30 year old body, then the feat of defeating countless monsters on that Island-Forest was definitely going to be from nightmare mode to mission impossible mode. “Thank you for summoning me on my prime youth.”

 

 

*****

 

 

Next on my STATUS is the occupation, I should have already mentioned this but I used to be a teacher, but as an 18 year old here, then being a teacher is simply impossible. For that, NONE should just do fine.

 

 

Truthfully, I had expected ‘The Captain of Grimoire Atelier’, or ‘SENKIDOURYUU MASTER’ should have been there but both were not reflected. Since I do not know the reason and have no other reference to base any assumptions on, I decided to leave it as is.

 

 

Let’s proceed with my SOURCE LEVEL which is at 40. At first I was hoping this to be a lie. I mean 40 just seem too low. If I have to pattern it to JRPGs I have played, I should have leveled-up more.

 

 

‘Was this world leveling up absurdly ‘murige’ (muri na game) an impossible game.’ Does this world need an exceedingly large experience for one to level up?

 

 

While getting pondering on the idea, I chance upon one of the rings I had adorned on the ring finger of my left hand. I immediately took out the monocle and appraised the said item.

 

.MONOCLE OF ITEM APPRAISAL {

  • Ring of Concealment [Item Rank: A; Quantity x1; Market Value: 900~1,500 Pera; A ring that conceals the wearer level and halves STATS of wearer]

}

 

 

That settles it, if I have to go by the description of this ring, then I should be at least level 80 and my STATS that follows should be double if I were to remove the ring from my finger. I should be pretty high level for gaming standard.

 

 

While I am happy with my level since it somehow shows how I have worked hard. I have a feeling that overly relying on these numbers will not only get into one’s head but also box in potentials.

 

 

 

If this were a game, there was no way for me to defeat that Dungeon Lord on a low level, and yet because of my determination, I was able to. This only proves that this world in not a game. It may have elements that game possesses, but I should never box myself in with the numbers that show on my STATUS.

 

 

*****

 

 

According to the one who guided me through the process, the CONDITION column is where all afflictions and affiliations are placed. It should be normal that the BODY INHERENT CONSTITUTION: MANA INTOXICATION SYNDROME be placed here and meant that I have MIS. I was a bit dejected when I saw the guide showed a concerned and sad face when he looked at my CONDITION.

 

 

Also, if I had flagged red on the ORB of MUDERER, the names of the people I have killed will be placed in this column. Like I said, there is no need for detectives in this world. But I am guessing that the system has its flaws and/or loopholes, but since I have no need to know of it for now, I decided to dismiss the thought.

 

 

With that done it was time to find the couple and move on to the nest hurdle, finding me a place to stay.

 

 

“Okay that should be fine, now it’s time to head back to Sir Heid and Lady Anna.”

 

2